Fight Club - Football Crowds

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:00 pm
I think you need compare crowds to the market it is in. Comparing on a world basis is a red herring - in a market population (Australia) where one sport (AFL) can get big crowds and another struggles - I think it is fair to compare the two. Even more so when you compare crowds in a city.
Of course you do Freddy........lololololol!!!!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:24 am
Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:38 am
Terry wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:28 pm

Look Freddy, I'm not gonna bag ya pal because I'm trying really hard to take it easy on ya for the self evident reasons. But ponder this my dear friend: France hold the soccer world cup. Their Ligue 1 soccer comp averages crowds of 20-21k. This in a country of 67M where soccer is the number 1 sport.

The NRL is the number 1 sport to a population of about 14M in 2 Australian states and averaged 17k per game last. I would say thats outstanding Freddo.

I don't expect you will comprehend this Fwed (sic) as you are deep in the fumble bubble. My only advice is try to stick your head over the parapet occasionally pal. There's a whole new world out there loololololololol!!!
Terrybull,
Perhaps you should ponder this:
AFL the number 1 sport for about 11.5 million Australians got an average of 27+k in the last round, and using your own logic, that is absolutely amazing………leading the way…again.

Dear oh dear ineQUOLLity, where have ya been the past few years pal? On this site I have repeatedly stated that per head of population fumbling gets the biggest crowds in world sport. Congratulations. I have however also pointed out that it is an outlier. It is not the norm. It should not be used to judge any other sport due to this fact.

Also: when you add up crowds and tv ratings over a year RL routinely gets more eyeballs on the game than fumbling. A fact you and your fumbling mates ignore for the obvious reasons.

Hope this helps pal. Have a great day.

Oh dear Terrybull
So your “logic??” Is because the AFL is so good, it shouldn't be counted.
Well that’s one way to pretend NRL is Australias No 1 sport.
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
Fred (Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:14 pm)
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:07 am

Look Freddy, I'm not gonna bag ya pal because I'm trying really hard to take it easy on ya for the self evident reasons. But ponder this my dear friend: France hold the soccer world cup. Their Ligue 1 soccer comp averages crowds of 20-21k. This in a country of 67M where soccer is the number 1 sport.

The NRL is the number 1 sport to a population of about 14M in 2 Australian states and averaged 17k per game last. I would say thats outstanding Freddo.

I don't expect you will comprehend this Fwed (sic) as you are deep in the fumble bubble. My only advice is try to stick your head over the parapet occasionally pal. There's a whole new world out there loololololololol!!!
Terrybull,
AFL the number 1 sport for about 11.5 million Australians got an average of 27+k in the last round, and using your own logic, that is absolutely amazing………leading the way…again.
AFL Crowds are terrific (almost mind boggling for the population size on the world stage..
in saying NRL crowds are not bad at all on the world stage, and considering it is a better tv product than live experience it is terrific.

i know you have never been to a rugby league or union game >> so i will explain..
You miss alot of game play (at the game) you miss little things (where as on TV you see everything)

AFL however LIVE is where it is at, you see the whole coverage of the players across the ground.
Next year I will try to make it to both a NRL and Super Rugby game…..just to see.
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:57 am)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:13 pm

Terrybull,

Dear oh dear ineQUOLLity, where have ya been the past few years pal? On this site I have repeatedly stated that per head of population fumbling gets the biggest crowds in world sport. Congratulations. I have however also pointed out that it is an outlier. It is not the norm. It should not be used to judge any other sport due to this fact.

Also: when you add up crowds and tv ratings over a year RL routinely gets more eyeballs on the game than fumbling. A fact you and your fumbling mates ignore for the obvious reasons.

Oh dear Terrybull

Oh dear.............your comprehension skills are very poor ineQUOLLity. I never said 'it shouldn't be counted' pal. I actually said 'when you add up crowds and tv ratings over a year RL routinely gets more eyeball on the game than fumbling'. So in fact what you said is 100% wrong because I actually did count it lololololol!!!!!

What I further pointed out was that fumbling crowds are an outlier in world sport. Which they are.

In future you might want to read a little more carefully pal. Or maybe get someone to read it for you that understands the written word a little better. And they can explain it to you.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:48 pm

Oh dear Terrybull

Oh dear.............your comprehension skills are very poor ineQUOLLity. I never said 'it shouldn't be counted' pal. I actually said 'when you add up crowds and tv ratings over a year RL routinely gets more eyeball on the game than fumbling'. So in fact what you said is 100% wrong because I actually did count it lololololol!!!!!

What I further pointed out was that fumbling crowds are an outlier in world sport. Which they are.

In future you might want to read a little more carefully pal. Or maybe get someone to read it for you that understands the written word a little better. And they can explain it to you.

Terrybull
I rarely find you helpful.
“As an outlier, it is not the norm” outliers in most calculations are not counted.
Outliers are generally not counted because they are unusual, the AFL crowd numbers are the norm for a great game.
I am having a great day, thanks for your thoughts, on that at least.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:07 am

Terrybull,
AFL Crowds are terrific (almost mind boggling for the population size on the world stage..
in saying NRL crowds are not bad at all on the world stage, and considering it is a better tv product than live experience it is terrific.

i know you have never been to a rugby league or union game >> so i will explain..
You miss alot of game play (at the game) you miss little things (where as on TV you see everything)

AFL however LIVE is where it is at, you see the whole coverage of the players across the ground.
Seen quite a few reasons why NRL gets lowish crowds, better to watch on TV, transport, culture etc.
Doesn't really explain the broncos crowds.
Nor really the lions crowds
Nor really the swans crowds
Nor really the storms crowds.

Maybe a mixture of all.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:58 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:48 pm

Oh dear Terrybull

Terrybull
I rarely find you helpful.
“As an outlier, it is not the norm” outliers in most calculations are not counted.
Outliers are generally not counted because they are unusual, the AFL crowd numbers are the norm for a great game.
I am having a great day, thanks for your thoughts, on that at least.

Hmmm......another complete misunderstanding of what was said ya poor bugger!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

big crowds coming late in the season for the AFL>

I think it is safe to say (the covid effect is gone)
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

And the biggest is yet to come - see Sunday at the MCG. It is a huge game with ramifications for both sides. I don't think there's been such a build since the Blues and the Magpies last met in a grand final (1981).
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:34 pm
And the biggest is yet to come - see Sunday at the MCG. It is a huge game with ramifications for both sides. I don't think there's been such a build since the Blues and the Magpies last met in a grand final (1981).
not a blimp in the sunshine state lol
These users liked the author leeroy*NRL* for the post:
AFLcrap1 (Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:16 pm)
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

About as relevant up here as the lies he tells .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:00 pm
Oh I don't know about that. If the Lions lose to Melbourne Friday night Brisbane will be VERY interested in the game - given that should Collingwood win they'll replace the Lions in the top four costing them the double chance. So they'll be barracking for Carlton, especially if the Bulldogs beat Hawthorn. The only positive out of it will be the Gabba would host an elimination final.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:31 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:00 pm
Oh I don't know about that. If the Lions lose to Melbourne Friday night Brisbane will be VERY interested in the game - given that should Collingwood win they'll replace the Lions in the top four costing them the double chance. So they'll be barracking for Carlton, especially if the Bulldogs beat Hawthorn. The only positive out of it will be the Gabba would host an elimination final.
yeah nah, that would be like the Victorian Public going banana's over the Storm round 25 game to make top 4

I think you over estimate things here
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 98 times

Post by WookieReturns »