Page 371 of 372

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:02 pm
by Quolls2019
Kind of.
We veered off a couple of months ago....and I have continued.

Ratings thread better?

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:58 am
by baselinepanther
rugby league will have the 4 biggest crowds of 2020
we currently have the 2 biggest .. 37303 for the GF & 37119 for the prelim in Brisbane
origins in Sydney & Brisbane should attract similar sized crowds

the AFL's biggest crowd for 2020 remains 32865 in Perth.

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:37 am
by Fred
Well yes - Rugby league are renowned for their crowds ....... I would think this year of all years - were there has been forced reduced crowds in all codes - and AFL playing out of mainly QLD, is the year RL do better. God knows there would be issues if they didn't lol. The fact those tow biggest crowds are probably closer to the AFL usual average than they should be says it all. It has been a topsy turvy year no doubt.

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:57 pm
by Quolls2019
baselinepanther wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:58 am rugby league will have the 4 biggest crowds of 2020
we currently have the 2 biggest .. 37303 for the GF & 37119 for the prelim in Brisbane
origins in Sydney & Brisbane should attract similar sized crowds

the AFL's biggest crowd for 2020 remains 32865 in Perth.
To use this years crowd figures for anything other than to demonstrate how badly sport has been affected is....sick, desperate, sad.

Remember most fans were not allowed to attend....therefore attendances were......I’ll let you figure it out

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:45 pm
by leeroy*NRL*
State of Origin in Adelaide has SOLD out>

capacity has been capped at 27750k

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:12 am
by Fred
Yes you’d expect it too. Such marquee events do well...particuarly when taken to large country towns :)

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:23 pm
by baselinepanther
Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:57 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:58 am rugby league will have the 4 biggest crowds of 2020
we currently have the 2 biggest .. 37303 for the GF & 37119 for the prelim in Brisbane
origins in Sydney & Brisbane should attract similar sized crowds

the AFL's biggest crowd for 2020 remains 32865 in Perth.
To use this years crowd figures for anything other than to demonstrate how badly sport has been affected is....sick, desperate, sad.

Remember most fans were not allowed to attend....therefore attendances were......I’ll let you figure it out
ill repeat it slowly

Rugby league will have the 4 biggest sporting attendances in 2020 :cool:

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:32 am
by Quolls2019
baselinepanther wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:23 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:57 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:58 am rugby league will have the 4 biggest crowds of 2020
we currently have the 2 biggest .. 37303 for the GF & 37119 for the prelim in Brisbane
origins in Sydney & Brisbane should attract similar sized crowds

the AFL's biggest crowd for 2020 remains 32865 in Perth.
To use this years crowd figures for anything other than to demonstrate how badly sport has been affected is....sick, desperate, sad.

Remember most fans were not allowed to attend....therefore attendances were......I’ll let you figure it out
ill repeat it slowly

Rugby league will have the 4 biggest sporting attendances in 2020 :cool:
Yes....just not worth counting...and certainly not worth bragging about as it took government control and disease to achieve.

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:08 pm
by pussycat
Largest crowds in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia
Last year, bigger crowds than the AFL in NSW, Qld and Western Australia

Despite all the AFL's constant bragging who has a national comp???????????????????????

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:39 pm
by Fred
You can’t be this stupid. Then again ...

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:21 pm
by baselinepanther
Fred wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:39 pm You can’t be this stupid. Then again ...

no more stupid then AFL fans who constantly make reference to the fact that they get 100K usually to their GF
while we only .... ONLY ... get 80K to ours

8-[

:-k

#-o

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:57 am
by Fred
Yes, I see as each ground can only hold so much. I think the thing there has usually been the nrl struggling to fill there gf and cheap tickets but not sure of the veracity of that.

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:39 am
by baselinepanther
Fred wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:57 am Yes, I see as each ground can only hold so much. I think the thing there has usually been the nrl struggling to fill there gf and cheap tickets but not sure of the veracity of that.
hahaha
struggling to fill their ground ? hogwash
since the ground was re configured in 2002 , with the exception of 2017 when it was a few thousand short at 79,722 & 2006 79,697
( the shortfall being ,members not turning up )
ANZ has been full for every NRL GF

cheap tickets ... LOL ... utter BS too
every ticket sold was at face value

2020 37303
2019 82922
2018 82623
2017 79722
2016 83626
2015 82758
2014 83833
2013 81454
2012 82992
2011 81928
2010 82568

yeah , looks like they struggle hey :(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:19 pm
by baselinepanther
Rugby pushes the AFL out to 4th for crowds in 2020 with their attendance of 36,626 last night in Brisbane

NRL GF 37,303 Sydney
NRL prelim 37,119 Brisbane
RU test 36,626 Brisbane
AFL 32,865 Perth

both origins to come are near sellouts already at 40K each

:)

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:54 am
by Fred
baselinepanther wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:39 am
Fred wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:57 am Yes, I see as each ground can only hold so much. I think the thing there has usually been the nrl struggling to fill there gf and cheap tickets but not sure of the veracity of that.
hahaha
struggling to fill their ground ? hogwash
since the ground was re configured in 2002 , with the exception of 2017 when it was a few thousand short at 79,722 & 2006 79,697
( the shortfall being ,members not turning up )
ANZ has been full for every NRL GF

cheap tickets ... LOL ... utter BS too
every ticket sold was at face value

2020 37303
2019 82922
2018 82623
2017 79722
2016 83626
2015 82758
2014 83833
2013 81454
2012 82992
2011 81928
2010 82568

yeah , looks like they struggle hey :(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was leaning toward the desperate sales with cheap seats to fill those seats - they do get there in the end - whereas AFL generally hard to get tickets. Whereas Origin - usually a sell-out or near enough - weeks before hand.

Why the change of name again by the way?