Fight Club - Football Crowds

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Cats_Steve » Sat May 11, 2019 7:58 pm

NlolRL wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:37 pm
Fred wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:35 pm
I’d say between 8 and 10 thousand .
GC seems like a waste of money. Population is too small and too indifferent to sport. It's a sport clubs graveyard
I agree. I'd be happy to see them pull up stumps on the GC. Had the money to do it, so why not, but it's not a market deserving of being persevered with.

Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.

pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 3 times

Post by pussycat » Sun May 12, 2019 9:38 am

What's going on? two sub 10k crowds in the AFL. Not only are there ratings falling sharply but now there crowds seem to be joining them. :hmm: :-$ :hmm:

Rugby League: - Australia's Most Popular Sport :thumbleft:

AFL: - The world's least Popular Sport :/;

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 97 times

Post by NlolRL » Sun May 12, 2019 10:04 am

pussycat wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:38 am
What's going on? two sub 10k crowds in the AFL. Not only are there ratings falling sharply but now there crowds seem to be joining them. :hmm: :-$ :hmm:
one game in Ballarat and the other on the GC. Our ratings are up 16% from last year.

Oh and we dont double and count fans at double headers like the NRL. Come for a game and get counted for both. NRL, the laughing stock of world sport

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Fred » Sun May 12, 2019 12:26 pm

NlolRL wrote:
Fred wrote:
GC seems like a waste of money. Population is too small and too indifferent to sport. It's a sport clubs graveyard

Grassroots is very strong though. I think they need a team here. I think winning will see more people go but equally they will taper off. They do seem to have a few rusted on supporters though which is good. What you get is people have their original team and go to that when playing Suns then go to the rest of the games supporting suns.

Veni, vidi, vici

King-Eliagh wrote:
And Internet life reflects real life.

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred » Sun May 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Melbourne struggle with crowds in Melbourne lol.

Veni, vidi, vici

King-Eliagh wrote:

Nrlolol
Tool of the Month
Team: Afl
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Nrlolol » Sun May 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Fred wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:26 pm
NlolRL wrote:
Fred wrote:

Grassroots is very strong though. I think they need a team here. I think winning will see more people go but equally they will taper off. They do seem to have a few rusted on supporters though which is good. What you get is people have their original team and go to that when playing Suns then go to the rest of the games supporting suns.
grass roots AFL in qld has been steady for decades with strong compititions all up the coast line.

the titans arent doing any better than the suns as well. crowds similar, a bottomless money pit & has their fair shair of off field issues

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred » Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Nrlolol wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:33 pm
Fred wrote:
NlolRL wrote:

grass roots AFL in qld has been steady for decades with strong compititions all up the coast line.

the titans arent doing any better than the suns as well. crowds similar, a bottomless money pit & has their fair shair of off field issues
You know what gets me? The amount of people who walk around the concourses or doing something else other than watching the game. I’d estimate around. A 1000 at least

Veni, vidi, vici

King-Eliagh wrote:

pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 3 times

Post by pussycat » Sun May 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Fred wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm
Nrlolol wrote:
Fred wrote:

You know what gets me? The amount of people who walk around the concourses or doing something else other than watching the game. I’d estimate around. A 1000 at least

What about under the stairs. There's hundred of thousands get under there , especially if its a hot day.

Rugby League: - Australia's Most Popular Sport :thumbleft:

AFL: - The world's least Popular Sport :/;

Nrlolol
Tool of the Month

Post by Nrlolol » Mon May 13, 2019 10:17 am

Fred wrote:
Nrlolol wrote:
Fred wrote:

Maybe wanting a different viewing point. It’s a rather easy and open venue to get around in, even with a near full house. Standing behind the seat isles under the stands is another thing that is often the case of making the crowd look smaller

Nrlolol
Tool of the Month

Post by Nrlolol » Mon May 13, 2019 10:22 am

pussycat wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:32 pm
Fred wrote:
Nrlolol wrote:

What about under the stairs. There's hundred of thousands get under there , especially if its a hot day.
Is that the lasted nrlol fan but but excuse to explain where the crowds go!

4128 in the stands and 6000 under the stairs :-k
Pissycat?
41377169-4FE2-4957-BE41-A959C9400731.jpeg
41377169-4FE2-4957-BE41-A959C9400731.jpeg (355.72 KiB) Viewed 79 times

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred » Mon May 13, 2019 8:29 pm

Nrlolol wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:17 am
Fred wrote:
Nrlolol wrote:

Maybe wanting a different viewing point. It’s a rather easy and open venue to get around in, even with a near full house. Standing behind the seat isles under the stands is another thing that is often the case of making the crowd look smaller
Yeah I go to most games and you are correct ... standing too. On the wing is the best view in the house and members bar with full strength beer just behind you. But the amount of people just walking around, getting food, kids playing kick yo kick on the oval etc. amazes me.

Veni, vidi, vici

King-Eliagh wrote:

Nrlolol
Tool of the Month

Post by Nrlolol » Tue May 14, 2019 9:52 am

Fred wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:29 pm
Nrlolol wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:17 am
Fred wrote:

Yeah I go to most games and you are correct ... standing too. On the wing is the best view in the house and members bar with full strength beer just behind you. But the amount of people just walking around, getting food, kids playing kick yo kick on the oval etc. amazes me.
Different strokes for different folks!
Some people prefer to sit behind the goals & others walk around to help soak up the atmosphere.
Metricon is one of those stadiums that it’s easily done & never really full when compared to most other venues

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 9 times

Post by AFLcrap1 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:14 am

Lol
So peopel find plenty to do but watch the game .
Sounds about right .

Metho madness.
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

King-Eliagh
Fabricator of "Evidence"
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 8 times

Post by King-Eliagh » Wed May 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Latest news in guys. On the evidence we have at hand it appears that Afl attracts the scummiest fans in Australia... by a long shot!!! The latest data is telling us that Afl fans are at the very least triple as likely to physically attack players, coaches and match officials in comparison to nrl fans! TRIPLE!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I know, disgusting right? And this is on top of the ever increasing number of disturbing crowd fights where women, children and disabled folk are being either directly attacked or caught in the cross fire of two dumb yobbos who are upset about their team losing.

See my thread ‘who are the people who follow afl’ Thread below to find out more.

:salute:

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?

Nrlolol
Tool of the Month

Post by Nrlolol » Wed May 15, 2019 6:13 pm

King-Eliagh wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:03 pm
Latest news in guys. On the evidence we have at hand it appears that Afl attracts the scummiest fans in Australia... by a long shot!!! The latest data is telling us that Afl fans are at the very least triple as likely to physically attack players, coaches and match officials in comparison to nrl fans! TRIPLE!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I know, disgusting right? And this is on top of the ever increasing number of disturbing crowd fights where women, children and disabled folk are being either directly attacked or caught in the cross fire of two dumb yobbos who are upset about their team losing.

See my thread ‘who are the people who follow afl’ Thread below to find out more.

:salute:
Latest conspiracies from the tinfoil had clan over at LU eliagh?