Fight Club - Football Crowds

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
QueenslandISAFL
Captain
Captain
Team: Brisbane Lions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Finals time! Crowd comparisons

Post by QueenslandISAFL »

around 58k turned out to the sydney and collingwood game and 70k for the hawthorn and adelaide game which make's a healthy total of 138k :) another win for the afl :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\:
NRL Fans = Basement Dwelling Virgins
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

QueenslandISAFL wrote:
around 58k turned out to the sydney and collingwood game and 70k for the hawthorn and adelaide game which make's a healthy total of 138k :) another win for the afl :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\:
[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

Actual numbers Sydney V Collingwood 57156 ..... Hawthorn V Crows 69146 ----- total = smidge over 126K not 138K

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

this kid needs to go back to school.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Just as an aside The NRL attendance in Sydney was 70,359, proving that Sydney is well and truely NRL and also capable of beating the prelim crowd down in Melbourne. I havent seen numbers like that before. The AFL prelim being beaten by the NRL prelim. Both GF will of course be sell outs the limitatiion for NRL is that ANZ doesn't hold as many as the G.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

MarkZZZ wrote:
QueenslandISAFL wrote:

Actual numbers Sydney V Collingwood 57156 ..... Hawthorn V Crows 69146 ----- total = smidge over 126K not 138K

Just as an aside The NRL attendance in Sydney was 70,359, proving that Sydney is well and truely NRL and also capable of beating the prelim crowd down in Melbourne. I havent seen numbers like that before. The AFL prelim being beaten by the NRL prelim. Both GF will of course be sell outs the limitatiion for NRL is that ANZ doesn't hold as many as the G.
It proves Sydney is NRLs? :roll: well done! =D> :lol: :lol:

Capable of beating a prelim in Melbourne? Yeah with 2 Sydney teams compared to 1 Melbourne team, when tickets were half the price. Winning by a measly 1k was fortuitous too don't you think? :-k
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Xman wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
QueenslandISAFL wrote:

Capable of beating a prelim in Melbourne? Yeah with 2 Sydney teams compared to 1 Melbourne team, when tickets were half the price. Winning by a measly 1k was fortuitous too don't you think? :-k

Maybe the AFL should look at their ticketing prices. From other discussions here it seems the AFL is not all about money. Maybe they should look at the affordability so that the fans, many of who are doing it tough can afford to go to the games that they love. I guess they can't do that they need the $$$$$s to prop up the teams that are bleeding them dry, what other excuse would there be to be more interested in $$$$$s than looking after their fans and enabling them to be able to afford to go to these big games.

So your saying that due to there being a Melbourne club and a South Australia club the numbers where down?

Lets look at 2005 St Kilda V Swans prelim final at the G, a crowd of 73,344. Obviously interest is waning

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/seas/2005.html#fin
NRLCrap1 wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

MarkZZZ wrote:
Xman wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:

Maybe the AFL should look at their ticketing prices. From other discussions here it seems the AFL is not all about money. Maybe they should look at the affordability so that the fans, many of who are doing it tough can afford to go to the games that they love. I guess they can't do that they need the $$$$$s to prop up the teams that are bleeding them dry, what other excuse would there be to be more interested in $$$$$s than looking after their fans and enabling them to be able to afford to go to these big games.

So your saying that due to there being a Melbourne club and a South Australia club the numbers where down?

Lets look at 2005 St Kilda V Swans prelim final at the G, a crowd of 73,344. Obviously interest is waning

Well tickets are far more expensive now, plus there's a second Sydney afl team which would have taken some fans.

Of course a game involving only one local team will get less fans than a game involving two local teams. :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Xman wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Xman wrote:

Well tickets are far more expensive now, plus there's a second Sydney afl team which would have taken some fans.

Of course a game involving only one local team will get less fans than a game involving two local teams. :roll:

but.. but....but... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds Thread

Post by Beaussie »

Which code will win the crowd battle this week? Silly question I know... hahahaha
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Good call on the sticky Beaus. The NRL fans are cockahoop with their latest big finals crowd, and the decline in crowd averages the AFL have seen this year. Well, lets see how this progresses shall we? :cool:
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Beaussie wrote:
Which code will win the crowd battle this week? Silly question I know... hahahaha

What a stupid thing to say Beau, The G's capacity V ANZ's capacity. We will fill ours and you should fill yours, capicty crowds for both.

Look back to when the NRL had a ground with a bigger capacity didn't they fill that too, what was the year and the numbers?

1999 - 107,558.

Now seeing we filled a 100K+ stadium in 1999 why couldn't we do it today if we had the opportunity.

Yes, yours was a silly question. About on par with what we have come to expect unfortunately.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

MarkZZZ wrote:
Look back to when the NRL had a ground with a bigger capacity didn't they fill that too, what was the year and the numbers?

1999 - 107,558.

Now seeing we filled a 100K+ stadium in 1999 why couldn't we do it today if we had the opportunity.
IIRC, that 100k crowd was more to do with the opening of Olympic Stadium prior to the Olympics and novelty factor of that event. Why did the NRL insist on the capacity being reduced post games if they were so confident they could fill the stadium regularly. RL struggles to fill the ground as is even for SoO.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Oh dear, the ground had to be reconfigured to make watching the Rugby League better. Don't need the oval shape for NRL or Rugby Union. Don't need the running track if your not going to use it, do you? SOO gets sold out just about every time that I can remember, I am not that anal to go and check all the individual years crowds. 80K go to the game 2 or 3 times year, that could be 100K+ 2 or three times a year, ehhh. How many times does the MCG get filled to over 80k per year by the AFL?

Just checked and it would appear that it has happened only of 4 occasions this year and the GF should make it 5

http://www.mcg.org.au/News/News/2012/Se ... ances.aspx

86,932 Collingwood v Essendon, April 25
84,259 Carlton v Collingwood, April 13
83,714 Collingwood v Hawthorn, July 21
80,900 Essendon v Richmond, May 19

78,466 Hawthorn v Collingwood, March 30
78,285 Richmond v Carlton, March 29
75,890 Collingwood v Carlton, July 6
75,650 Collingwood v Geelong Cats, July 14
73,172 Carlton v Essendon, April 21

So ANZ could hold the same at the mcg is required to do on all but 4 occasions per AFL season

The Stadium in its final configuration has a capacity of 82,000 for oval sports (AFL and cricket) and a capacity of 83,500 in rectangular mode (for rugby union, league and soccer) and the ability to switch between these modes regularly.

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/AboutUs/TheStadium.aspx
NRLCrap1 wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Good call on the sticky Beaus. The NRL fans are cockahoop with their latest big finals crowd, and the decline in crowd averages the AFL have seen this year. Well, lets see how this progresses shall we? :cool:

the VFL 2012 finals attendances are down about 80,000 on 2011
this is just a reflection of the season as a whole for the victorian game .... interest is at an all time low as a result of the woeful standard
I believe 2013 will be a continuation of this ..... & the VFL average will drop below 30,000 for the first time in about 20 years

this is what you get when you expand before you are ready
the greedy .. egomaniacal VFL was simply too cocky & full of itself & it will pay the price for the next ten years

here endith the lesson :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
QueenslandISAFL
Captain
Captain
Team: Brisbane Lions

Post by QueenslandISAFL »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

this is just a reflection of the season as a whole for the victorian game .... interest is at an all time low as a result of the woeful standard
I believe 2013 will be a continuation of this ..... & the VFL average will drop below 30,000 for the first time in about 20 years

the greedy .. egomaniacal VFL was simply too cocky & full of itself & it will pay the price for the next ten years

but our memberships and tv ratings are way up this year :\: :\: :\: :\:

Plus this is just a small sacrifice to expand our game, in 5-10 years time the gws and suns should be selling out games.
NRL Fans = Basement Dwelling Virgins
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

QueenslandISAFL wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

but our memberships and tv ratings are way up this year :\: :\: :\: :\:

Plus this is just a small sacrifice to expand our game, in 5-10 years time the gws and suns should be selling out games.
your memberships are almost as much a sham as your pay TV ratings

ie
Adelaide has over 50,000 members
yet averaged only 35,000

the Swines .. 33,000
average 24,000 ( with SCG members taken out .. its really about 20,000)

VFL memberships in the main are nothing but $20 bumber sticker .. fridge magnet .. or cat memberships & the above proves it
its part of the greater smoke n mirror games played by the VFL
all is not what it seems
you swallow the BS served up without question like brained washed merinos .. baaaaaaa ...baaaaaaaa

when will you lot wake up to this [-X [-X [-( [-(
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

BS as usual from you Dave. :roll:

Last year up until this stage there had been 3 local derby finals averaging over 80k. This year there's only been 1!

Theres your 80k right there! :wink: