Fight Club - Football Crowds

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Fight Club - Football Crowds

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:34 am
truthbomber wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:27 am
Fred wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:06 pm
Heading to the sold out Gabba tonight to see the Pies play the Lions... Here's to a good game.
32000 sellout
but the gabba holds 42000 :-k

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
a fumbleball sellout
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
So a touch under 1/4 empty but the brainless fans will screech "sell out" .."sell out" as if the place was packed with not a spare seat .
The AFl propaganda machine does it again .
Just like China with half the place empty ...oh we only sold half the capacity ...lol in other words we limited the places capacity so we could use the sold out propaganda line.

Could you imagine the uproar by fumble fans if AAMI park limited tickets to 14000 then the NRL screeched sold out ..sold out with empty seats everywhere .

Yet they ignore this blatant deception ....

Fact is the AFL has never come close to filling the Gabba .
Never come close to having a packed stadium .
But don't let facts get in the way of AFLs propaganda Dept .
Looking around the ground I was hard pressed to see an empty seat - it seemed pretty full - not sure where they'd put an extra 10,0000 to be honest.
Veni, vidi, vici
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 98 times

Post by WookieReturns »

So a touch under 1/4 empty but the brainless fans will screech "sell out" .."sell out" as if the place was packed with not a spare seat .
Just like China with half the place empty ...oh we only sold half the capacity ...lol in other words we limited the places capacity so we could use the sold out propaganda line.

Could you imagine the uproar by fumble fans if AAMI park limited tickets to 14000 then the NRL screeched sold out ..sold out with empty seats everywhere .

Cause the NRL has never had issues with crowd reporting in its history lol.

Sold out includings members reserved seating. I also believe current capacity is about 39,000 due to modifications made for cricket.

I mean laugh all you want but 32,312 at the Gabba beats every NRL game for attendance this year, aside from R3s Queensland derby - including the Broncos R1 fixture against Souths. Let alone the 11,8354 that attended the Raiders game last night.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

One thing I noticed was that those there were passionate followers of the Lions. The chants from the crowd and the booing at some dubious free kicks was very loud. I think if the storm crowd was that large and passionate the NRL and Storm would be pretty happy. If only the Sun's crowd looked and felt like this.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:24 am

32000 sellout

a fumbleball sellout

Looking around the ground I was hard pressed to see an empty seat - it seemed pretty full - not sure where they'd put an extra 10,0000 to be honest.
:hmm:
:rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/

so who got it wrong then fweddy ?
the cwowds oh de cwowds counters ?.. as if , they've never undersestimated a cwowd in QLD ever & in fact have over stated many
so was it then ?
the stadium itself , you think they think there is 10,000 imaginary seats in the venue ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/

nah
there was 10,000 empty seats , fumblers just see what they want to with their deluded eyes & always have.
despite the hype & hands down the Y fronts , the fumbles n bumbles just can't fill the gabba , the sport just aint that popular :cool:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

the NRL's game this afternoon is sold out

30,000 seats
will get a crowd of around 28,000

NRL sellout 97% of seats gone
AWFUL sellout 77%

some things never change [-( [-( [-( [-( [-(
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I don’t know who got it wrong but to me there was no way that ground was around a quarter empty - so there’s something not right - either it was not counted correctly or the capacity figure of 42000 is a stretch. It’s a fair question though.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So on Wili - which isn’t overly reliable, it’s says this

Between 1993 and 2005, the Gabba was redeveloped in six stages at a cost of A$128,000,000. The dimensions of the playing field are now 170.6 metres (560 feet) (east-west) by 149.9 metres (492 feet) (north-south), to accommodate the playing of Australian rules football at elite level. The seating capacity of the ground was 42,000 in 2010, which has been reduced in recent times due to new electronic scoreboards and corporate facilities.[3] For international cricket matches, the capacity is reduced to 36,000 due to new scoreboards and the addition of a pool deck, as well as wider sight screens.[4] For AFL matches the capacity is slightly larger at 37,478.[5][6] The capacity will increase to 50,000 for the 2032 Olympics.[7]

I even think 5000 is a stretch to be honest re difference. I know the offical capacity of the MCG is a bit a stretch as it includes standing room - and people would have to be packed in like sardines in the standing area. There’s no way it was even 1/5 empty.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

And this from ausstadiums (yes I’m bored lol)

the highest AFL crowd is 37,478 for a 2019 Finals game between the Brisbane Lions and Richmond. While the stadium's capacity is officially 41,974, it has been reduced due to a temporary deck area behind the goals - for AFL games the current capacity is approximately 36,000.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:19 am
Fred wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:06 pm
Heading to the sold out Gabba tonight to see the Pies play the Lions... Here's to a good game.
32000 sellout

a fumbleball sellout
If they could fit 1000 more in that ground. let alone 10,000 I would struggle to know where they would fit them? Just trying to buy two tickets was a stretch. Also, you got to remember, a sell-out does not mean capacity - it means all seats available for sale were sold. But it was packed.
it always feels and looks more at games,
it is actually hard to see 5 to 8k empty seats when 75% of crowd is full

remember the Grand Final at GABBA, was 29k and it looked Sold Out.

you hear numerous AFL and NRL call a sell out at games and it is not actually sold out.. few K short.
in this stage GABBA that was not a sell out, but a good crowd..
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Try, like me, buying tickets on the Tuesday - bugger all left to buy. Was up in the bleachers as it was. Was only one small area to but in and I’d say under 100 left yo buy. However, I could buy some VIP tickets.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:57 pm
However, I could buy some VIP tickets.
yep

about 10,000 of them :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

truthbomber wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:13 am
Fred wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:57 pm
However, I could buy some VIP tickets.
yep

about 10,000 of them :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/
No
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

freddy the Gabba was 9.5k short of a sell out.. deal with it..

the AFL can tell you all you want.. you do not have to believe them
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:45 am

I think it showed that for AFL it is 36 or 37 thousand capacity so that figure is wrong of 9.5k. There is also a difference between capacity and sell-out. Not sure how clear I can be but I'll leave it at that as history tells me any further conversation is pointless - I can only explain/explore so much and accept what may be easy for me to understand may not be for others. Which is fine - it is the way of the world I guess. I only have myself to blame I guess. I will leave you all to it on this one - look forward to reading the replies.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:03 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:45 am

I think it showed that for AFL it is 36 or 37 thousand capacity so that figure is wrong of 9.5k. There is also a difference between capacity and sell-out. Not sure how clear I can be but I'll leave it at that as history tells me any further conversation is pointless - I can only explain/explore so much and accept what may be easy for me to understand may not be for others. Which is fine - it is the way of the world I guess. I only have myself to blame I guess. I will leave you all to it on this one - look forward to reading the replies.
you have yourself to blame for getting all wanky & excited when proclaiming to all I'm
going to the " sold out " gabba to watch the fumbling & missing which ended up being a so what moment when there were literally thousands of empty seats because the vicderpian game just aint that popular in QLD

upper cuts
rain them on your chin :cool: