Soccer v Footy

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
58shark
Team: West Coast Eagles
Been liked: 0

Soccer v Footy

Post by 58shark »

Gotta say it, but I've never been able to figure out the excitement of watching a game of soccer for 1 or 2 hours and nobody scores and if they do, it's usually 1 or 2 each :roll: At least in football and rugby, something happens. Not s canning your game, but just saying that I've never been able to figure out where the excitement is???
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Soccer v Footy

Post by Beaussie »

I hear ya mate. I can't understand how one is meant to get excited about a soccer game. Boring as bat shit if you ask me with pooncy players all over the field taking dives. The fans riot in the stands because nothing happens on the field. Fancy going to a game to see a 0-0 draw. #-o
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Look, when I did shift work I loved soccer - best cure for insominia ever, just watch the pretty colours lazily moving about the screen to you drop off with never the risk of any excitement to distirb you.

I find it a little strange that soccer and rugby started at the same time in England but soccer dominates.
But I put it down to RU renegging on their promise to play colonial rules in England because where ever AR has been allowed to develope it has flourished.

Nice try Cos.
VickyKicky
Team: Mars

Post by VickyKicky »

Any code where the 2 highest earners are recruited for their marketing ability only can never been taken seriously.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

VickyKicky wrote:
Any code where the 2 highest earners are recruited for their marketing ability only can never been taken seriously.
Alessandro Del Piero and Harry Kewell in the A-League says it all.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

Beaussie wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
Alessandro Del Piero and Harry Kewell in the A-League says it all.
No it says nothing, these 2 soccer players are completely different in there situation then Falou and Khunt.......these 2 soccer players are known the world over for there exploits on the soccer field, Falou and Khunt are not know around AUS for there AR skills......thus your comment not meaning diddly...... :lol: :lol:

Hur hur vickykicky.... =D> =D>
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

cos789 wrote:
where ever AR has been allowed to develope it has flourished.

so its been allowed to develop in Sthn Australia only then
yep thats the only place its flourishes so that'd be right ... put cuzzy down for having said something right for once :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

VickyKicky wrote:
its proof definitive that VFL expansion had failed up to 2010

needing the dominant codes stars in the nthn states to further help with expansion .. after christ knows how much had been spent in the previous 30 years to achieve dominance .... is as pathetic a move as any code as ever stooped to & an open admission of failure

& both clubs are basket cases anyway & will be for a very long time
meaning it didn't work anyway ..

another failure in the growing list for the silly little victorian game that tried sooooooooo hard :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:

l:
The swans have had the highest attendance of any Sydney sporting club for years.

:cool:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Striker
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm

Post by Striker »

Raiderdave wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
Not true, Raid. You didn't hear the talk on how much was spent on them. Made Hunt and Folau look like paupers.
VickyKicky

Post by VickyKicky »

Beaussie wrote:
I hear ya mate. I can't understand how one is meant to get excited about a soccer game. Boring as bat **** if you ask me with pooncy players all over the field taking dives. The fans riot in the stands because nothing happens on the field. Fancy going to a game to see a 0-0 draw. #-o
Fancy going to a game where a miss is a score :lol:

And you call it a "behind" as well, when the ball goes to the side :o

Mind you I guess if you've seen Melbourne's hook turn logic, what do you expect from the Victorians #-o
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

VickyKicky wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
I hear ya mate. I can't understand how one is meant to get excited about a soccer game. Boring as bat **** if you ask me with pooncy players all over the field taking dives. The fans riot in the stands because nothing happens on the field. Fancy going to a game to see a 0-0 draw. #-o

Mind you I guess if you've seen Melbourne's hook turn logic, what do you expect from the Victorians #-o
You mean like cricket? Archery? Darts? Bowling? Motor racing? :roll:

Fancy watching a sport where the aim is to run past the defense to score. Yet if you fail completely and get caught you actually get to try again another 5 times #-o
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
VickyKicky

Post by VickyKicky »

Xman wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

Fancy watching a sport where the aim is to run past the defense to score. Yet if you fail completely and get caught you actually get to try again another 5 times #-o
Pretty sure if you fail completely then you give the other team the ball so they try can and run past the defence to score. Doesn't seem to reward failure with a score now does it.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

VickyKicky wrote:
Xman wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:

Pretty sure if you fail completely then you give the other team the ball so they try can and run past the defence to score. Doesn't seem to reward failure with a score now does it.
It gives you multiple chances to score. It's like an AFL player missing the goals but being given another chance because they failed, not once but 5 times! :?
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

Xman wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
Xman wrote:

It gives you multiple chances to score. It's like an AFL player missing the goals but being given another chance because they failed, not once but 5 times! :?
So your trying to draw a comparison with AFL who reward you when you miss and reward tanking with the NRL because the NRL has a 5 tackle rule?

Thy name is desperation........... :lol: