ARLC finaly some leadership

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: ARLC finaly some leadership

Post by Beaussie »

Xman wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/n ... 6456993008

SO with free transport and discount tickets on offer will Sydneys RL fans beat the Swans highest crowd un Sydney this week? :-k :-k
Lets not forget anyone with an NRL club membership is being offered free entry too. Will RL fans turn up in big numbers? Me thinks not. History shows us that much.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

Beaussie wrote:
Xman wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/n ... 6456993008

SO with free transport and discount tickets on offer will Sydneys RL fans beat the Swans highest crowd un Sydney this week? :-k :-k
Lets not forget anyone with an NRL club membership is being offered free entry too. Will RL fans turn up in big numbers? Me thinks not. History shows us that much.
They must be hanging at home to watch it live on FTA TV.

Oh wait.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
enarelle
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by enarelle »

How many ex Vics,WA,SA,Tassies and fly in Hawks and for that matter Swans fans can you squeeze into the SCG these days?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

enarelle wrote:
How many ex Vics,WA,SA,Tassies and fly in Hawks and for that matter Swans fans can you squeeze into the SCG these days?
Not many now that it's under construction because the area for general seating has been taken over by members reserve seating.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
enarelle
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by enarelle »

Umm the Members are the exs.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

enarelle wrote:
Umm the Members are the exs.
:lol:

The last GF the Sydney swans featured in rated 900k in Sydney. Is that 900k expats living in Sydney? :roll:
enarelle
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by enarelle »

Are you serious? What is the next best rating after that one from last decade? Sydney people watch major sporting events - there's news. They watched the World Cup soccer.the Super Rugby finals etc

Got nothing to do with who attends the Swans games.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

enarelle wrote:
Are you serious? What is the next best rating after that one from last decade? Sydney people watch major sporting events - there's news. They watched the World Cup soccer.the Super Rugby finals etc

Got nothing to do with who attends the Swans games.
It shows that more people than just expats watch the swans. :roll:

Their attendance isn't just expats. If it is what the hell is wrong with RL expats living in Melbourne. Why don't they go to Storm games? They're second top with a home crowd average of 13k :lol:
enarelle
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by enarelle »

There would be a few Sydney borns who go along but it is dominated by ex pats. There are significantly more ex pats who live in Sydney than the reverse. Who do you think would be the people most likely to follow AFL in Sydney?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

enarelle wrote:
There would be a few Sydney borns who go along but it is dominated by ex pats. There are significantly more ex pats who live in Sydney than the reverse. Who do you think would be the people most likely to follow AFL in Sydney?
BS. Prove there are more Vcitorian expats in Sydney than NSW expats in Melbourne. While your at it prove the swans are mainly supported by expats. :roll:

So again, where are the Qld and NSW expats living in Melbourne? :-k
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

enarelle wrote:
http://www.dpcd.vic.gov.au/__data/asset ... ection.doc
This shows that between 2001-2006 over 7000 more people migrated from Syndey to Melbourne than Melbourne to Sydney.

Clearly they dump RL and follow AFL
enarelle
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by enarelle »

Umm you you might like to read the article in full and go back a few more years ot get the full picture. Additionally expats would include SA/WA/Tassie = have worked with quite a few of them in Sydney over the last twenty years -they are still here. Several are Swans supporters.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

enarelle wrote:
Umm you you might like to read the article in full and go back a few more years ot get the full picture. Additionally expats would include SA/WA/Tassie = have worked with quite a few of them in Sydney over the last twenty years -they are still here. Several are Swans supporters.
And what about qlders and NSW people heading to Victoria? They'd follow RL still wouldn't they? Where are they?
enarelle
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by enarelle »

Well tell me how many people from QLD/NSW do you know and what code/s do they follow?
pookus
Seniors
Seniors
Team: North Melbourne

Post by pookus »

31000 expats at the footy today,and only 18,000 born and bred locals at the League.Seems Sydney is overran with foreigners.lol