Close tussle for playoffs the reason NRL is winning TV war

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Close tussle for playoffs the reason NRL is winning TV w

Post by TLPG »

eelofwest wrote:
Aussie Rules 4 live games + 9 on Fox footy+ regionals
RL 1 live game 2 delayed + 5 on Fox + Rep Games + regionals

RL wins hands down, them the facts. =D>
62,568,000 AFL
50,454,000 NRL

THEM' the facts, blind mouse!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels
Been liked: 0

Post by eelofwest »

TLPG wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

62,568,000 AFL
50,454,000 NRL

Wait what look up and read again dipshit... :lol:

Those figures don't included regional viewers as i stated in my comment.... :arrow: ](*,)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

eelofwest wrote:
TLPG wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

62,568,000 AFL
50,454,000 NRL

Those figures don't included regional viewers as i stated in my comment.... :arrow: ](*,)
Regional tv ratings are seriously flawed and laughed at by all in the know. Wake up dumbarse.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
TLPG wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

62,568,000 AFL
50,454,000 NRL

Even with dodgy regionals the NRL still lose. This is despite the fact they have more games televised per week and a shorter game which results in a higher average. You only have to look at the highest rating games this year to see the AFL have the top 15 or so. The NRL are miles behind.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Beaussie wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
TLPG wrote:
62,568,000 AFL
50,454,000 NRL

Regional tv ratings are seriously flawed and laughed at by all in the know. Wake up dumbarse.
Beassie your ratings are flawed.... :lol:
Beassie prove to me that regionals don't matter to the Tv networks since your in the know? :?: :lol: :lol:
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
TLPG wrote:
62,568,000 AFL 14 telecasts per week
50,454,000 NRL 8 telecasts per week

Even with dodgy regionals the NRL still lose. This is despite the fact they have more games televised per week and a shorter game which results in a higher average. You only have to look at the highest rating games this year to see the AFL have the top 15 or so. The NRL are miles behind.
Aussie Rules 4 live games + 9 on Fox footy+ regionals = 14 telecasts from which we can pull ratings from each week.
RL 1 live game 2 delayed + 5 on Fox + regionals = 8 telecasts from which we can pull ratings from each week.

Last edited by eelofwest on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

Aussie Rules 4 live games + 9 on Fox footy+ regionals = 14 games from which we can pull ratings from each.
RL 1 live game 2 delayed + 5 on Fox + regionals = 8 games from which we can pull ratings from each.

AFL have 5-6 available games to watch for each fan per round because no one can watch 2 matches at once. The NRL have all 8 available to watch. Yet the AFL is still ahead! :lol:

Thems the facts pal.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
TLPG wrote:

Aussie Rules 4 live games + 9 on Fox footy+ regionals = 14 telecasts from which we can pull ratings from each week.
RL 1 live game 2 delayed + 5 on Fox + regionals = 8 telecasts from which we can pull ratings from each week.

62,568,000 AFL 14 telecasts per week = 280 telecasts for the year
50,454,000 NRL 8 telecasts per week = 192 telecasts for the year

Clear winner is NRL dem the Factual's.... :lol: :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

Every AFL fan can only watch a maximum of 5-6 AFL games per week because almost all are shown concurrently and no one can watch or can be counted as watching more than one game at a time.

Every NRL can watch all 8 games every round because they are all shown in isolation to the entire fan base.

Yet with 2-3 more games per round, more rounds, and a shorter game which results in a higher average, they are still miles behind!

Thems the facts! :wink:
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
TLPG wrote:

62,568,000 AFL 14 telecasts per week = 280 telecasts for the year / of which 80 are live Fta telecasts per year
50,454,000 NRL 8 telecasts per week = 192 telecasts for the year / of which 24 are live Fta telecasts per year

Then you add Rep games and the Regionals figures and its the Black Caviar of Tele streaking away.

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

62,568,000 AFL 14 telecasts per week = 280 telecasts for the year
50,454,000 NRL 8 telecasts per week = 192 telecasts for the year

Your facts are true but mean nothing when the AFL telecasts are shown at the same time! :roll: example: if 1m afl fans watch AFL on Saturday night they can only be counted once, therefore only 1 million ratings are recorded from 2 games. In fact it's even worse. Two games are shown on foxtel, and one of them on FTA, so that million is split into 3.

Yet every NRL game is available to its entire audience because the games are never split in to more than one telecast.

Therefore the NRL will end up with over 50 more TV games for the year, an advantage of over 12m considering the average payTV ratings is 250k.

Yet they are still losing! :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thanks for your research eels. As Xman says "your facts are true" :lol:

The black caviar of tele streaking away! :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Thanks for your research eels. As Xman says "your facts are true" :lol:

The black caviar of tele streaking away! :lol:
His facts about the number of telecasts is true but his analysis of the facts is incorrect because he assumes every telecast is in isolation. This of course is completely incorrect.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
TLPG wrote:

62,568,000 AFL 14 telecasts per week = 280 telecasts for the year / of which 80 are live Fta telecasts per year
50,454,000 NRL 8 telecasts per week = 192 telecasts for the year / of which 24 are live Fta telecasts per year

Then you add Rep games and the Regionals figures and its the Black Caviar of Tele streaking away.

BTW stop posting because i am correct and true as you said, you are wrong... :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

More telecasts mean nothing if they are shown concurrently. The NRL have more exclusive games by 2 or more per round but are still losing.

I can tell that burns, you poor thing. :x

Ps, Perth and Adelaide don't get live AFL on Saturday or Friday. Melbourne don't get live AFL on Saturday afternoon. Your figures are way off.