Is The NRL more accessible to the working class?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Is The NRL more accessible to the working class?

Post by King-Eliagh »

My use of accessible is in reference to those who can access and succeed in the elite level of the sport. I thought this was quite clear in my opening post where i highlighted those nsw SOO players, the majority of whom were from working class syd suburbs and nsw rural towns, who'd made it to the pinnacle.

Seems like you were too simple to see this Xman? Hence i should not post concepts and questions which you lot can not comprehend any longer. What about crowds? You know anything about crowd numbers in the afl vis a vis the nrl xman? :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

King-Eliagh wrote:
TLPG wrote:
All of them, KE! ALL of them! Given that you refuse to specify your definition of "working class" I'm counting all definitions!
:lol: still battling with the commonly used term working class i see TLPG :lol: keep at it matey, you'll understand it one day. :thumbleft: :lol:
I understand it. You don't. So please explain to us your definition.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

My definition is the commonly understood definition TLPG. If you or others dont understand this then you and they need to learn it in your own time. If you know it and want me to define it you're not following what this thread is about and hence simply trolling, trying to change the topic to your own agenda. Either way i wont have it tlpg, this is my show :)

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

You're an idiot. As you won't explain yourself properly, it is obvious yet again that you are a lazy ignoramus.

Bye bye.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
My use of accessible is in reference to those who can access and succeed in the elite level of the sport. I thought this was quite clear in my opening post where i highlighted those nsw SOO players, the majority of whom were from working class syd suburbs and nsw rural towns, who'd made it to the pinnacle.

Seems like you were too simple to see this Xman? Hence i should not post concepts and questions which you lot can not comprehend any longer. What about crowds? You know anything about crowd numbers in the afl vis a vis the nrl xman? :lol:
Almost every Australian has access to ARs, and certainly more than RL because of its national spread. rL dominates NSW and QLD. Maybe you are trying to say that NSW have a higher proportion of working class people? :-k after all it is known as a working class game compared to say RU.

This doesn't mean it's more accessible. :roll: It would mean its a simple game that may very well appeal to a working class level of education.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
You're an idiot. As you won't explain yourself properly, it is obvious yet again that you are a lazy ignoramus.

Bye bye.
As i said if you didnt understand the concept of working class you neednt have bothered in the first place. Instead you went on and on about wanting to know what working class means when it was just a click of the finger away on google. You really havew made a right twat of yourself in this thread and thank god you've come to the right decision to disengage. Good riddance dumbo. :wave:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Almost every Australian has access to ARs, and certainly more than RL because of its national spread. rL dominates NSW and QLD. Maybe you are trying to say that NSW have a higher proportion of working class people? :-k after all it is known as a working class game compared to say RU.

This doesn't mean it's more accessible. :roll: It would mean its a simple game that may very well appeal to a working class level of education.
Interesting points Xman. I'd have to disagree though with your take on the term accessible. RU is a very similar game to RL however it is less accessible in working class suburbs. Less clubs, and influence in schools. 'Appealing to a working class level of education' is a bit smarmy of you and its not what im getting at. So my next question, which im pretty sure i asked before (it takes a while with you slower ones) is what's the lay of the land of clubs and influence in melbourne? Is it like i first thought with AFL footy clubs and influence in schools etc just as prevalent in working class as in upperclass suburbs and in public and prive schools in melbourne? Or is it like RL in sydney, more prominent in the working class suburbs? Or, is it like RU in sydney, more prominent in the upperclass suburbs? Not being from melbourne i wouldnt have the foggiest on this one...

xman wrote: