Racism in the NRL Continues

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: Racism in the NRL Continues

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Here we go? I've always pointed to the big issues being those within the code. The fans are external and thus less under the control of the governing body. Is this so hard to get Xman?

Now if we wanna compare crowd/fan cultures, I'm happy to. This RL example is concerning but in no way worse than what's happening on what seems to be a regular basis in the AFL. Additionally there's some disgusting examples of thuggery in AFL crowds which i posted some months ago. Absolutely disgusting some of the fighting going on in the AFL crowds. RL did have some horrible fan problems some years ago but they put the work in and cleaned it up. Something the AFL must continue to workhard on imo.
Bs :roll:

You've gotta have fans at the grounds for them to fight for starters! :lol:

The AFL, and supporters, and players are coming down on any suggestion of racism extremely hard, with severe penalties. Any incident is big news in the media.

Meanwhile the NRL has issues and it's like it's common place. "move on, nothing new here" [-(
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

What are the supporters doing against racism Xman?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
What are the supporters doing against racism Xman?
Collingwood supporters reported the fan to the AFL. He was also a Collingwood fan. =D>
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

That's great they reported him. Now if i could have a dollar for every crowd reporting of racist crowd behaviour in the AFL comp i'd be, well... i'd have a dollar :lol:

More than what I could get for fans reporting other fans bashing female fans at a collingwood game though. :lol:

Can i use the term thugby to describe AFL supporters Xman? :lol:

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
That's great they reported him. Now if i could have a dollar for every crowd reporting of racist crowd behaviour in the AFL comp i'd be, well... i'd have a dollar :lol:

More than what I could get for fans reporting other fans bashing female fans at a collingwood game though. :lol:

Can i use the term thugby to describe AFL supporters Xman? :lol:
Why would you? It's perfect for redneck bogans like NRL supporters! :wink:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ahh...which supporters? :lol:

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Ahh...which supporters? :lol:

Collingwood, the only exception to the AFL fan rule :wink:

But let's face it, they average crowds about half the size of the NRLs entire 8 game total for each round. There would be far more fights in NRL crowds if they had any. :wink:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

So collingwood fans can be called 'thugy' now?

And what if i have evidence of another AFL teams supporters acting the same way? Can we call them 'thugby' too? :lol:

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
So collingwood fans can be called 'thugy' now?

And what if i have evidence of another AFL teams supporters acting the same way? Can we call them 'thugby' too? :lol:
Thugby fans aren't just about fighting :roll: theyre an uneducated breed of rednecks that attend RL games.

That incident you showed was nothing anyway! Just some push and shove. :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

What's this post on Bigfooty all about Xman?

Essendon supporters biggest bogans?
Have clearly sailed past Collingwood and Richmond for worst supporters in the AFL. Essendon supporters are now under police and Colonial Stadium investigation for throwing full bottles of drinks at player, more than one incident on the weekend.

On the back of disgraceful treatment of Stanton previously and the club going to the extraordinary measure of making public statement that they don't want the bogan supporters at the club.

What is it about this club that has become a modern day moron magnet when the worst of clubs have made great strides to become decent supporters in recent years?

:lol: Which club do you support again Xman? Can I also call you 'thugby'? :lol:

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

While the presence of 13,000 wig-wearing Blatchy's Blues members helped create a fantastic atmosphere at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday night, the group was let down by some supporters who made racist jibes towards Queensland players. Former Roosters, Rabbitohs and Panthers halfback Joe Williams was sickened by the comments and said racist attitudes were why many Aborigines did not support the Blues. ''People wonder why NSW Kooris go for Qld - well I'll tell ya,'' Williams posted on Facebook. ''Tonight I sat in the middle of the Blatchy's Blues with 30 young Koori kids from the bush at the game. We sat there and heard nothing but RACIST jibes towards the Qld players and even held a derogatory sign directed at Qld Murris. Tonight proved to me how little we have come in our fight against racism in our country. Disgusted.''

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-l ... z1xntpQMza

OMG!

How is KE going to defend this! [-( [-(

Racism is alive and common practice in the NRL. So much for the benefits of cultural diversity! Where is the outrage? :-k one AFL fan gets reported by a player and supporters of his own team and his life long membership cancelled. Meanwhile a whole group of racist NRL fans are left to voice racist comments for an entire game, even holding up a racist sign, and nothing is done! KEs excuse last time was you cannot control social media. Well this was the crowd!

DISGRACE! [-X [-X
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

QUEENSLAND'S State of Origin heroes were subjected to vicious racist chants by sections of the official NSW supporters' group during Origin II, with former NRL halfback Joe Williams revealing the "disgusting" gibes and signs.

Williams had taken 30 indigenous children to ANZ Stadium after a week-long work experience trip with the NRL, but they all left disturbed by the racist abuse directed towards the likes of Petero Civoniceva and Greg Inglis during NSW's 16-12 victory.

One member of the "Blatchy's Blues" supporters group verbally abused a 16-year-old girl for wearing a Queensland jersey, while a derogatory sign was confiscated by security.

The shock claims come just a week after Broncos skipper Sam Thaiday was the subject of racist abuse by a "Blatchy's Blues" supporter via social network Twitter.

The Blues crowd had been whipped into an Origin frenzy after a volatile build-up, led by their coach Ricky Stuart.

It's not the first racial shame for NSW, with Andrew Johns quitting Blues camp in 2010 after taunts made about Inglis were overhead by Timana Tahu.

"It's disappointing to say the least that racism is still rife within Australia and still rife within sport," Williams told The Courier-Mail. "(The kids were) not there to listen to uneducated idiots make racist remarks towards elite sportspeople. It got to the point where I had to leave where I was sitting.

"It was confronting the way they were acting and it was disturbing and offensive."

Williams said the unruly fan who abused the young female Queensland supporter then turned his attention on him once he recognised him as a former player.

"She is a 16-year-old kid, so I stood up and stuck up for her and he ... (was) saying I was a hero because I'd played in the NRL before," he said. "It doesn't matter if you're at the footy or not, you don't speak to women and kids like that."

Dan Blatch, founder of Blatchy's Blues, slammed the behaviour but insisted the support in his vicinity had been jovial and sporting.

"There was nothing but spirited or fair play comments (where I was sitting)," Blatch said.

"Unfortunately I can't control that sort of behaviour other than stress at the highest level to all of our fans that that stuff is not on."
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6396013849

INEXCUSABLE!! :evil:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Funny how our RL friends haven't commented on this thread for a while. But I suppose it's impossible to defend the indefensible.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Williams's allegations were backed up by several other spectators sitting nearby who contacted the Herald yesterday, with some saying Blues players of ethnic heritage were also targeted.
http://www.hepburnadvocate.com.au/news/ ... 92658.aspx

Wow. The National Racist League seems like an appropriate title for these animals! [-(
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Xman wrote:
Williams's allegations were backed up by several other spectators sitting nearby who contacted the Herald yesterday, with some saying Blues players of ethnic heritage were also targeted.
http://www.hepburnadvocate.com.au/news/ ... 92658.aspx

Wow. The National Racist League seems like an appropriate title for these animals! [-(
As Patrick Smith would say about RL "a culture to despise"