Tanking in AFL according to bigfooty members

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Tanking in AFL according to bigfooty members

Post by King-Eliagh »

Read the article again TLPG. The VCGR was so concerned about tanking it approached the AFL. The AFL responded with something along the lines of 'we have got processes in place to stop this tanking'. The VCGR was content with this response... for now but is keeping a watchful eye on the org.

All evidence points towards the existance of tanking in this article.

Read again but with your eyes open TLPG.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

TLPG wrote:
KE's education didn't include comprehension obviously.
Sure didn't! What a fool! :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

All evidence points to tanking folks, thats the reality. Thankfully the AFL is taking actions but are they taking enough? Looking at the comp this season...i dont think so. That superdraft is like dangling the biggest carrot and considering the lopsidedness of the comp already there will be classic tanking behaviour after midseason, if not already now. Thats just the reality folks, the evidence all points to it. :)

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
All evidence points to tanking folks, thats the reality. Thankfully the AFL is taking actions but are they taking enough? Looking at the comp this season...i dont think so. That superdraft is like dangling the biggest carrot and considering the lopsidedness of the comp already there will be classic tanking behaviour after midseason, if not already now. Thats just the reality folks, the evidence all points to it. :)
Except you haven't come up with any evidence! :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ah, well I have to agree. You were the one who provided the article which provides the clearest evidence we have of tanking. Thanks X :D

Apart from that I have raised much evidence but yeah i'll concede, you provided the best evidence Xman. :)

Tanking, its very very real.

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

It's not and you're too stupid to admit it. What Bailey did was not tanking and that's the end of it.

Needed to be said - again. Now shut up.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Ah, well I have to agree. You were the one who provided the article which provides the clearest evidence we have of tanking. Thanks X :D

Apart from that I have raised much evidence but yeah i'll concede, you provided the best evidence Xman. :)

Tanking, its very very real.
The article isn't even close to evidence moron! :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oh it highlights the real and present issues that have occurred quite nicely. If only you understood the definition of tanking you'd understand. Again though, thanks Xman. :)

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Oh it highlights the real and present issues that have occurred quite nicely. If only you understood the definition of tanking you'd understand. Again though, thanks Xman. :)
I am totally happy with a team prioritizing player and team development over winning a game at all costs. What I am unhappy about is teams deliberately losing. The former happens and is certainly acceptable, and so it should be. The latter never happens.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Xman wrote:
I am totally happy with a team prioritizing player and team development over winning a game at all costs. What I am unhappy about is teams deliberately losing. The former happens and is certainly acceptable, and so it should be. The latter never happens.
:lol: You're a tanker Xman! I fuuuuukkkin new it! :lol:

Shame on ye, shame on ye, you disgusting tanking loving bastard! Player and team development is for the training park. The AFL Comp games are for putting your best team on the park and aiming to win. Serious legal issues with putting a team out for what is basically a training run in an afl match. No wonder the gambling agencies pull out from offering odds to AFL matches. The results are often decided before the ball goes up. [-(

Shame on ye Xman [-X Shame on ye. [-X Happy for our great game to go down the gurgler. You disgusting tanking loving bastard! [-(

xman wrote:
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Xman wrote:

Shame on ye, shame on ye, you disgusting tanking loving bastard! Player and team development is for the training park. The AFL Comp games are for putting your best team on the park and aiming to win. Serious legal issues with putting a team out for what is basically a training run in an afl match. No wonder the gambling agencies pull out from offering odds to AFL matches. The results are often decided before the ball goes up. [-(

Shame on ye Xman [-X Shame on ye. [-X Happy for our great game to go down the gurgler. You disgusting tanking loving bastard! [-(
Yeah Xman summed up the attitudes in the AFL atm nice one Xman =D>
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Xman wrote:

Who cares what you say. It makes perfect sense. The Australian cricket team regularly picks a team for development over experienced senior players all the time. They're planning for the future over a more likely victory in the short term.

If you seriously think this doesn't happen in all sports you're completely deluded. :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Sorry Xman, that comparison just dont hold any cred. Australian cricket picks the best side with the intention to win all the time. AFL teams, and we have evidence in melbourne, dont. Why? Because of those lil drafty picky's at seasons end. Mmm mmmm.

Sorry Xman, but a shocking comparison indeed.

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Sorry Xman, that comparison just dont hold any cred. Australian cricket picks the best side with the intention to win all the time. AFL teams, and we have evidence in melbourne, dont. Why? Because of those lil drafty picky's at seasons end. Mmm mmmm.

Sorry Xman, but a shocking comparison indeed.
So the Australian cricket team never pick young and less experienced players in preparation for a future tournament like the world cup, knowing full well there are older but better players available at the time?

Really? Is that your testimony? :?>
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Although the Football Association has rejected suggestions that England'’s caretaker manager will select a youthful squad it is understood that Pearce will look to younger players for his line-up.

However, other players have made the legitimate point that England have little preparation time ahead of the Euro 2012 finals and now is not the time to experiment especially when facing a nation as strong as the World Cup finalists. England only have two more international friendlies scheduled before the tournament begins.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... lland.html

Hmm seems like the English soccer team priorities player and team development over the selection of more experienced and competent players. :-k