Tanking in AFL according to bigfooty members

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels
Been liked: 0

Re: Tanking in AFL according to bigfooty members

Post by eelofwest »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Tanking must be stopped in the AFL. Its a blight on our game and thankfully the AFL are taking actions to stop it. Imagine if TLPG and Xman were in charge? It'd be tank city! But luckily all evidence points to the AFL taking action against tanking and things are being done. Proof that it exists but i must say I don think the afl is doing enough as, by the looks of it, we're set for the biggest tankfest ever seen in professional sports, right here on australian soil in the afl comp in 2012.

May god help the AFL. Because it looks like the problems gunna be massive!
Wow shoddy is getting angry that teams decide to treat them like a second rate 3rd world AFL team.......oh wait :-k :lol: :lol:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey im the one whos done the reading on the definition of tanking. You havent done diddly research. Woeful. I know more than you about this topic so until you get out there and do some learning...then come back to me.
So, again, what is your definition of tanking? :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Tanking must be stopped in the AFL. Its a blight on our game and thankfully the AFL are taking actions to stop it. Imagine if TLPG and Xman were in charge? It'd be tank city! But luckily all evidence points to the AFL taking action against tanking and things are being done. Proof that it exists but i must say I don think the afl is doing enough as, by the looks of it, we're set for the biggest tankfest ever seen in professional sports, right here on australian soil in the afl comp in 2012.

May god help the AFL. Because it looks like the problems gunna be massive!
Wow shoddy is getting angry that teams decide to treat them like a second rate 3rd world AFL team.......oh wait :-k :lol: :lol:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
On ya Sheeds! Great coach! :thumbleft:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey im the one whos done the reading on the definition of tanking. You havent done diddly research. Woeful. I know more than you about this topic so until you get out there and do some learning...then come back to me.
I provided it earlier. Do you read anything? Or just conveniently miss anything that doesnt fit with your fantasy?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
I provided it earlier. Do you read anything? Or just conveniently miss anything that doesnt fit with your fantasy?
I read it. However what you seem to be saying now is different. :-k
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I think a better definition than Xman's for tanking is a team deliberately not trying to win. "Deliberately losing" does not cater for the many subtleties involved in the art of tanking and getting away with it.
Here is your Definition. We have stablished that deliberately losing does not occur. We have also established that prioritizing team and player development for long term gain over short term success is a commonly used strategy among many sports.

Yet you keep on crapping on. :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ahh Xman, that's not applying my definition at all. Try again matey. A clue "deliberately not trying to win" is my definition. Above you've just applied your less accurate and ill informed definition of tanking i.e. "deliberately losing". Quite funny that eh Xman?

Chow now. :wave:

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Ahh Xman, that's not applying my definition at all. Try again matey. A clue "deliberately not trying to win" is my definition. Above you've just applied your less accurate and ill informed definition of tanking i.e. "deliberately losing". Quite funny that eh Xman?

Chow now. :wave:
Deliberately not trying to win? What a ludicrous comment! They either go out to win or lose. If the go out to lose they are tanking, which they don't. Otherwise they are trying to win. Whether they are prioritizing team development above winning is another matter, as is done in many sports. This is not "deliberately not trying to win" :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Refer to Baileys comments again Xman. He was after dem draft picks!

And here is the known definition of tanking
There are a wide variety of behaviours which could be considered to be tanking. These include:

Instructing the players to deliberately lose matches
Employing unusual tactics in matches, including using players in positions where they do not usually play[2]
Resting star players with minor injuries, who would likely not be rested if the team were contesting finals[3]
Playing younger players who do not yet have much experience at AFL level[4]
Yes its hard to pick and prove Xman but all the evidence suggests it exists in the afl. The afl have HAD to take action to reduce it, which provides further evidence. If there was no evidence of tanking, like in RL, we wouldnt need to be having this discussion. Now would we Xman... [-X

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Refer to Baileys comments again Xman. He was after dem draft picks!

And here is the known definition of tanking
There are a wide variety of behaviours which could be considered to be tanking. These include:

Instructing the players to deliberately lose matches
Employing unusual tactics in matches, including using players in positions where they do not usually play[2]
Resting star players with minor injuries, who would likely not be rested if the team were contesting finals[3]
Playing younger players who do not yet have much experience at AFL level[4]
Yes its hard to pick and prove Xman but all the evidence suggests it exists in the afl. The afl have HAD to take action to reduce it, which provides further evidence. If there was no evidence of tanking, like in RL, we wouldnt need to be having this discussion. Now would we Xman... [-X
Wrong. They knew they would be in the bottom few on the ladder. He positioned the list so they could develop young players and delist senior players to make room for specific types of players they would draft. This was clearly explained! :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yesh, explained AFTER the uproar! tsk tsk tsk. [-X

Tanking - Its a reality and thankgod neither xman nor tlpg run the AFL comp. They'd likely encourage tanking or take no action against it, such is the rose hue of the shades they wear. [-X [-X

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Yesh, explained AFTER the uproar! tsk tsk tsk. [-X

Tanking - Its a reality and thankgod neither xman nor tlpg run the AFL comp. They'd likely encourage tanking or take no action against it, such is the rose hue of the shades they wear. [-X [-X
Why would he explain it before it was highlighted as questionable! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

You're welcome to your opinion but until you provide evidence that's all it is. :wink:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

All the evidence is there. I will rehearse it no longer with you Xman. You provide evidence it wasnt explained before the uproar. Because all evidence points to him responding after.

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
All the evidence is there. I will rehearse it no longer with you Xman. You provide evidence it wasnt explained before the uproar. Because all evidence points to him responding after.
:lol:

Dope!

Are you going to respond to a question before or after being asked? #-o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thats right Xman, he was covering his tracks because he knew he was guilty. Now dont you go trying to suggest otherwise.

I got the evidence, you got nuttin. :D

Worst thing is Xman? You gave me the evidence :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks! :(/

xman wrote: