Options for a lopsided comp

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 0

Re: Options for a lopsided comp

Post by NRLCrap1 »

The MP just doesn't understand our great game, Xman. Doesn't understand it at all so he runs away to something that's easier to understand like RL!!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
The MP just doesn't understand our great game, Xman. Doesn't understand it at all so he runs away to something that's easier to understand like RL!!
Are you obsessed with the Military Police now.
Get some help boy.
You're off the rails.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Xman can you explain to us all your lower scoring = more likelihood of an upset theory again? I'm beginning to think its utter bullshit.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I notice Xman you seem to not know whether you're Arthur or marthur in here most days. I mean one minute you're agreeing the afl is more lopsided, the next youre saying its not...which is it champ?

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Anyway arthurs and marthurs aside, we all know the afl is incredibly lopsided. The past three years have been an absolute debacle on the field, and we all know it.

Sooooooooo whats about we get back on topic and think up some more options for this dastardly lopsided comp to get itself back into what we all know it should be.

My thoughts that I haven't yet expressed??

I think its time to give up QLD folks. That's right, just get on up and outta the whole state. It's been a complete disaster for yonks now and its only getting worse. RL has won the battle there and it was always going to. Taking these two teams out of the time would get rid of 2 bona fide basketcasers and, the few good men playing on these sides could be all integrated into GWS, making GWS a side which would have a pretty close matchup against the swans side of the late 80's early 90's.

What you guys reckon? :D

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Xman can you explain to us all your lower scoring = more likelihood of an upset theory again? I'm beginning to think its utter bullshit.
It's not a hard concept for most to understand KE. Soccer is low scoring and results in more draws and more upsets because a team that has been beaten in general play all game can win with their only shot at goal. In games that are easier to score the team that dominates general play will win the vast majority of times because they are rewarded with opportunities to score, many of which they convert.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:?>

I don't really buy it Xman. Particularly in regards to rugby league.

Have you got any stats which prove this theory you made up? I'd like to know, for example, whether there's been more upsets in the nrl or afl this year. I'd suggest its prob not that different but with the nrl having slightly more. If it wasn't significantly more in the nrl then your theory would be blown out of the water on several counts. One being the existence of uncompetitive basketcase sides in the afl and the fact many of their games are effectively dead rubbers and should not be counted.

I think you need to show some proof of your statement here Xman or, as per our rules, go back and delete every post you made it in [-X

xman wrote:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
It's not a hard concept for most to understand KE. Soccer is low scoring and results in more draws and more upsets because a team that has been beaten in general play all game can win with their only shot at goal. In games that are easier to score the team that dominates general play will win the vast majority of times because they are rewarded with opportunities to score, many of which they convert.
Just like the English soccer you can pick the top teams before the season commences.

Bookmakers don't put out odds of 5/6/7 to 1 if there expecting a draw.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Didact
Team: Essendon

Post by Didact »

Have you ever watched cricket? that is a hell of a lot more one sided then AFL
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Just like the English soccer you can pick the top teams before the season commences.

Bookmakers don't put out odds of 5/6/7 to 1 if there expecting a draw.
I dont think anyone pick Port to be ladder leaders. That's for sure and a lot had Collingwood dropping out of the 8 and Essendon and Richmond doing a lot better. Been extremely unpredictable.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Non-believers in the lopsided comp which is the AFL please, for the third year running now, take note of Talking Footy's top 6 tippers tipping %'s in both leagues.

AFL
# USERNAME WINS LOSSES WIN %
1 rickman 48 21 69.6% 54
2 geppo 49 20 71% 53
3 dogmaniac 47 21 69.1% 52
4 Peter 48 21 69.6% 52
5 PieMad 46 23 66.7% 51
6 King-Eliagh46 23 66.7% 50

NRL
1 vandyk 44 28 61.1% 51
2 King-Eliagh42 30 58.3% 49
3 dogmaniac 41 31 56.9% 48
4 geppo 41 31 56.9% 47
5 tohmassage43 29 59.7% 47
6 MarkZZZ 42 30 58.3% 46

After approx 70 tips have been conducted in each competition there is a stark contrast in the success of the afl tipsters in relation to the nrl tipsters. This my friends, yet another example of the lopsidedness of the afl comp...three years running now ...

Can somebody please! Please dammit! Please provide some more options for this lopsided comp. I've been trying my heart out to come up with solutions but it would be grand if i could get a lil help. My last thought was for the afl to simply give up on qld. Get rid of both the basketcasers up there so the other struggling sides can build...

Another thought is for the afl to completely give up on international expansion. I mean pull out every single dollar. It's NEVER gunna happen so why bother? I mean last year i noticed they were spending a coupla mil on promoting the game in China. China for fukks sake! :lol: What the fukk!? No wonder the league is so lopsided with clowns employed who think China's the next big colonial style expansion of a game which is barely even a crinkle in the southeast qld market these days! :lol:

Deary me. It's just all a bit unethical this dumb use of resources. I'm surprised the tv companies arent calling back their funds.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Non-believers in the lopsided comp which is the AFL please, for the third year running now, take note of Talking Footy's top 6 tippers tipping %'s in both leagues.

AFL
1 rickman 48 21 69.6% 54
2 geppo 49 20 71% 53
3 dogmaniac 47 21 69.1% 52
4 Peter 48 21 69.6% 52
5 PieMad 46 23 66.7% 51
6 King-Eliagh46 23 66.7% 50

NRL
1 vandyk 44 28 61.1% 51
2 King-Eliagh42 30 58.3% 49
3 dogmaniac 41 31 56.9% 48
4 geppo 41 31 56.9% 47
5 tohmassage43 29 59.7% 47
6 MarkZZZ 42 30 58.3% 46

After approx 70 tips have been conducted in each competition there is a stark contrast in the success of the afl tipsters in relation to the nrl tipsters. This my friends, yet another example of the lopsidedness of the afl comp...three years running now ...

Can somebody please! Please dammit! Please provide some more options for this lopsided comp. I've been trying my heart out to come up with solutions but it would be grand if i could get a lil help. My last thought was for the afl to simply give up on qld. Get rid of both the basketcasers up there so the other struggling sides can build...

Another thought is for the afl to completely give up on international expansion. I mean pull out every single dollar. It's NEVER gunna happen so why bother? I mean last year i noticed they were spending a coupla mil on promoting the game in China. China for fukks sake! :lol: What the fukk!? No wonder the league is so lopsided with clowns employed who think China's the next big colonial style expansion of a game which is barely even a crinkle in the southeast qld market these days! :lol:

Deary me. It's just all a bit unethical this dumb use of resources. I'm surprised the tv companies arent calling back their funds.

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think you'll find afl is quite big on the Gold Coast and has a decent presence in Brisbane. Although from what I hear on the ground junior numbers are down a little this year.
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well its been years now since i started this behemoth of a thread. And what's happened? Nuttin! The AFL is still a lopsided rotten steaming compost heap of which the NRL will reap the rewards...unless something is done along the lines of what ive suggested. But alas it doesnt look like happening.

Even so ive noticed some optimism from several of our afl fans and also from those brainless afl commentators. Its been mainly based on melbs and their so called amazing improvement. And with melbs 'keeping in games for longer' through good defence we can forgive those ignorant ones for believing or even asking, Has paul roos come up with the answer to the AFL lopsided??

Answer? No. Not even close. Melbourne are still one of the duddest of dud teams dudding around in the AFL. 3 measly goals they managed today...3!!! I mean yeah its good and all to focus on defence and therefore make the thrashing a lesser one, but seriously do fans wanna come and see a rubbish team try to win by not scoring and stopping the other team scoring too many??

Boring stuff.

Anyone got any other options?

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Well its been years now since i started this behemoth of a thread. And what's happened? Nuttin! The AFL is still a lopsided rotten steaming compost heap of which the NRL will reap the rewards...unless something is done along the lines of what ive suggested. But alas it doesnt look like happening.

Even so ive noticed some optimism from several of our afl fans and also from those brainless afl commentators. Its been mainly based on melbs and their so called amazing improvement. And with melbs 'keeping in games for longer' through good defence we can forgive those ignorant ones for believing or even asking, Has paul roos come up with the answer to the AFL lopsided??

Answer? No. Not even close. Melbourne are still one of the duddest of dud teams dudding around in the AFL. 3 measly goals they managed today...3!!! I mean yeah its good and all to focus on defence and therefore make the thrashing a lesser one, but seriously do fans wanna come and see a rubbish team try to win by not scoring and stopping the other team scoring too many??

Boring stuff.

Anyone got any other options?
How about a compromised draw.???
Ok they have tried that.

ummmm
How about giving some teams extra $$$$ & when other teams complain we will say we are removing it ,but really just keeping it & changing the name.

Ok done that too.

How about rewarding teams that LOSE on purpose?.

Jesus you're kidding ,that's been done too.

Um dunno then ,I suppose if nothing works if I was the boss I would be getting out with a big golden handshake before the brainwashed masses woke up to the fact that it is basically a rigged comp.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o