The most skillful sport RL v AFL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:
Been liked: 0

Re: The most skillful sport RL v AFL

Post by Dogs »

Beaussie wrote:
Oh dear, a Rexona tv competition where 1 player is selected from various codes is used to determine which code is more skillful. Still the fool we all know you for I see Dogs. :oops:
So what do you have to compare the two codes clown. Your verbal dribble and a thread that tries to glorify how fit your players are. Wow, that so impressive. Maybe your boys should be triathletes instead of doing what made mum and dad proud when your about 3-5 years old. :wink:
NRLCrap1 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 am

NRLCrap1 says: Crowds don't mean squat,
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Wow, the AFL player lost the goalkicking comp. :lol:

Oh and Xman fyi, goalkicking is a skill not athleticism. :wink: :lol:
It was essentially the only ball skill area in the comp. he kicked 5 goals one point from set shots with the only miss from 50metres. The guys who won shouldnt have score as much because his set shot kicks from 50 meters only went about 30 meters but we're counted as goals because they rolled through. As you would know this would never happen in a game of afl from a set shot! :wink: therefore long should have won.
There was only one skill targeted at each sport, so not sure what point you are trying to make 8-[

So are you also suggesting they lost because of this. How did the AFL boys go in other sports such as ironman, they should have been won by such fit AFL players, given they are the fittest in the world hey beaussie :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Dogs wrote:
Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Wow, the AFL player lost the goalkicking comp. :lol:

Oh and Xman fyi, goalkicking is a skill not athleticism. :wink: :lol:
It was essentially the only ball skill area in the comp. he kicked 5 goals one point from set shots with the only miss from 50metres. The guys who won shouldnt have score as much because his set shot kicks from 50 meters only went about 30 meters but we're counted as goals because they rolled through. As you would know this would never happen in a game of afl from a set shot! :wink: therefore long should have won.
There was only one skill targeted at each sport, so not sure what point you are trying to make 8-[

So are you also suggesting they lost because of this. How did the AFL boys go in other sports such as ironman, they should have been won by such fit AFL players, given they are the fittest in the world hey beaussie :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
No, I'm suggesting ling lost the afl skill, despite pretty much kicking perfectly, because they allowed people to kick a set shot along the ground from 50metres. This would never be a goal in our game so ling should have won the afl challenge.

You're forgetting season 1 too. Bret deludio came 3rd.

How is competing in a iron man determine you are fit? Are you saying every fit person can swim fast?
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wait a minute can we all just get this straight. The AFL player was beaten in the goal kicking contest? :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

And am i right in saying the previous year Deludio an AFL player didnt win the Challenge titled 'AFL Kick for Goal'? :lol:

xman wrote:
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Wait a minute can we all just get this straight. The AFL player was beaten in the goal kicking contest? :lol:
Here let me help Xman out, the reason why they lost the kick at goal comp is because their stupid game rewards failure lol.
You miss a goal but we will give you a point anyways for trying. :lol: :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:

its amazing isn't it

the core skill in Victorian Football ... & its stars get upstaged by RL players ... cricketers .. & V8 drivers 8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

has this ever happened for any other reps from any of the other sports in the Rexona series ? :-k

NO

:lol: :lol: :lol:

VFL players

fumbling ... bumbling & missing .. from one end of Aust to the other
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes it is amazing. Its even moe amazing though that this looks to have happened twice! Ling and Deludio, representing the AFL competition seem to have both lost the challenge titled 'AFL Kick for Goal'.

:oops: OH dear. :lol:

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Yes it is amazing. Its even moe amazing though that this looks to have happened twice! Ling and Deludio, representing the AFL competition seem to have both lost the challenge titled 'AFL Kick for Goal'.

When they allowed goals from kicks that would never be a goal in the AFL they lowered the bar too far. The AFL players were the only ones who could kick a distance over about 40 metres. They also should have included goals on the run. This wouldnt have even been a contest! :wink:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

King-Eliagh wrote:

Now that is appalling for your so called athletes with mediocre kicking ability, this just backs up the fact that Fremantle missed 16 kicks at goal in there last game. No wander the AFL needs behinds in there game they are Hopeless. :lol:
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

When they allowed goals from kicks that would never be a goal in the AFL they lowered the bar too far. The AFL players were the only ones who could kick a distance over about 40 metres. They also should have included goals on the run. This wouldnt have even been a contest! :wink:
Oh wow, you can run and kick and catch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Most 5 year olds have those moves covered, so GWS are saved. :lol: :lol:

Good try though, Cooper Cronk nearly scored a field goal on the weekend from the the half way around 50 metres FYI. Not only did he kick it further then your 40 metres, but he did it on the run and a field goal in League involves the ball hitting the ground first. Unlike an AFL kick on the full. I am so surprises that you AFL boys think the guys are so skillfull because they can kick a ball.

If Cooper Cronk had of being playing AFL he would have got a point for just missing the target. But not in league my friend, we only get points when we are successful, no consolation prize in league. :wink: Could you imagine, no consolation prize in AFL, most of those FRE boys would have to give the game away.

Lastly, not sure on the comments about the balls that dribbled through the posts should not have been counted.... I watched the first 1:30 of the 2010 highlights below. Seems some other AFL fans impression of season highlights was well and truelly including goals were the ball rolls through the post, it appeared like there were 5 of the first 7 goal that went in that way, and these are the highlights of the season contradicting your comments 8-[ . Got bored from there and turned it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcaRpCfrPsU

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Dogs wrote:
Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Oh wow, you can run and kick and catch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Most 5 year olds have those moves covered, so GWS are saved. :lol: :lol:

Good try though, Cooper Cronk nearly scored a field goal on the weekend from the the half way around 50 metres FYI. Not only did he kick it further then your 40 metres, but he did it on the run and a field goal in League involves the ball hitting the ground first. Unlike an AFL kick on the full. I am so surprises that you AFL boys think the guys are so skillfull because they can kick a ball.

If Cooper Cronk had of being playing AFL he would have got a point for just missing the target. But not in league my friend, we only get points when we are successful, no consolation prize in league. :wink: Could you imagine, no consolation prize in AFL, most of those FRE boys would have to give the game away.

Lastly, not sure on the comments about the balls that dribbled through the posts should not have been counted.... I watched the first 1:30 of the 2010 highlights below. Seems some other AFL fans impression of season highlights was well and truelly including goals were the ball rolls through the post, it appeared like there were 5 of the first 7 goal that went in that way, and these are the highlights of the season contradicting your comments 8-[ . Got bored from there and turned it off.

I like that. Cooper nearly.... :lol:

Jogging and kicking isn't hard. Running at full pace and kicking straight is a totally different thing. The rexona challenge should have included that as a skill.

I never said that dribbling the ball doesn't happen. But it certainly doesn't from set shots which is what they were taking in the competition.

You RL morons and your point issues are hilarious. It's the same advantage for both sides. If an afl player kicks a point it's no advantage when the opposition kicks a goal. In RL you can fall over the try line that is the full width of the field like an unco sloth and still score. #-o

Lastly, if 5 yr olds can run catch and kick then they are over qualified for RL! :P
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Dogs wrote:
Xman wrote:

Running at full pace and kicking straight

:P
yes well when VFL players can master these skills ... can you let us know

RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Dogs wrote:

Idiot! Does a cricketer hit a six every shot? A basketballer average 100% from general play? A soccer player goal every time?

When RL players can do more than throwing and catching uncontested 5m passes let me know. Even then they drop some. But of course if they drop it and it goes backwards its all good! :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

Idiot! Does a cricketer hit a six every shot? A basketballer average 100% from general play? A soccer player goal every time?

When RL players can do more than throwing and catching uncontested 5m passes let me know. Even then they drop some. But of course if they drop it and it goes backwards its all good! :lol:
your mob can't even get them from 20m out infront ..& from a marks.. so from set shots uncontested
.. similar to a penalty in soccer
or a free throw in basketball

do they give soccer players or basketball players anything if they miss ?

nope

VFL.. an f'ing joke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million