AFL - fittest players in the world of professional sport

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: AFL - fittest players in the world of professional sport

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Time's already told the story, the AFl just havent clicked on and have wasted 3mil.
Your opinion is just that. I trust the marketing department of the AFL. Media stories alone have paid for his contract many times over.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Trusting the marketing department with the credibility of the game is a schoolboy error Xman.

And those media stories may well turn quite sour in a years time. I tend to disagree with the old saying any media is good media. Kim Duthie is just one example which says different.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Trusting the marketing department with the credibility of the game is a schoolboy error Xman.

And those media stories may well turn quite sour in a years time. I tend to disagree with the old saying any media is good media. Kim Duthie is just one example which says different.
As answered in the other thread, there is little difference between the recruitment of the these RL stars and the poaching of Gaelic football players. This has been an accepted experiment for decades ever since Jim Stynes became a champion AFL footballer after being recruited as a project.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

As answered in the other thread, there is a massive diff between the recruitment of Khunt and the gaelic players.

1: $$$

2: Significant unwarranted game time to justify the $$$ spent.

3: The prior skill levels of the players.

Get a grip on your own favourite sport Xman, sheesh.

ps Xman, you're an idiot.

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
As answered in the other thread, there is a massive diff between the recruitment of Khunt and the gaelic players.

1: $$$

2: Significant unwarranted game time to justify the $$$ spent.

3: The prior skill levels of the players.

Get a grip on your own favourite sport Xman, sheesh.

ps Xman, you're an idiot.
Rubbish! #-o

The cash is for off field contributions. The skill level is no different to a Gaelic footballer who has played his life with a round ball and never tackled a soul in his life.

As i said, projects with elite players from other sports is not unusual in the AFL and is an acceptable part of recruiting.

Now off you go with your tail between your legs! :lol:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Another cameo just to say;
Xman, he wouldn't know how to walk off with his tail between his legs. He's too dumb to realise he's being owned on game knowledge.

And just while I'm here - to "justanotherleaguefan", showing off about seeing O/S sport is nothing. What counts is numbers, and I'm willing to bet I've seen way more games of football than you have of thugby. And within that much more variety. Tell me - how many different regional venues in NSW and Queensland have you been to? I'll bet it's nowhere near as many as I have in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hang around TLPG, we know you wanna.

TLPG firstly we're not really talking about 'game knowledge' you silly kyber. We're talking about ethics, organisations and players skills. :lol:

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Hang around TLPG, we know you wanna.

TLPG firstly we're not really talking about 'game knowledge' you silly kyber. We're talking about ethics, organisations and players skills. :lol:
Ah, yes we are talking about aspects of the game that involve game knowledge. Like previous recruitment tactics, player performance etc...

wrong again King Egghead. #-o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Xman wrote:
Ah, yes we are talking about aspects of the game that involve game knowledge. Like previous recruitment tactics, player performance etc...

wrong again King Egghead. #-o
:lol:

Ah, yes we are talking about aspects , that involve , which allude to, that somewhat resemble. that kinda look like, that seem as though, that might just, that sortof, that might be mistaken as, that people often confuse with, that kindof aren't, that have little to do with, that, in other words dont have jack diddly squat to do with game knowledge.

Thanks Xman, but enough of the distortion cowboy.

ps Xman, you're an idiot. :lol:

xman wrote:
Frogman
Team: North Queensland Cowboys

Post by Frogman »

How many interchanges/substitutions per game for NRL vs AFL? from www.afl.com.au it is as follows.
Cap of 80 interchanges per match (including changes at breaks).

"Interchange numbers per club have doubled from an average of 58 per game in 2007, to 116 per game in 2010," Anderson said. "In 2003, clubs were interchanging players at a rate of 22 per match, less than 20 per cent of current totals.

Rugby League has 10 per match from 4 players on the bench.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Frogman wrote:
How many interchanges/substitutions per game for NRL vs AFL? from http://www.afl.com.au it is as follows.

"Interchange numbers per club have doubled from an average of 58 per game in 2007, to 116 per game in 2010," Anderson said. "In 2003, clubs were interchanging players at a rate of 22 per match, less than 20 per cent of current totals.

ah ... proof
well done frogman

VFL is a soft girls game

that is all :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Frogman wrote:
How many interchanges/substitutions per game for NRL vs AFL? from http://www.afl.com.au it is as follows.

ah ... proof
well done frogman

VFL is a soft girls game

that is all :wink:
Proof? :lol: :lol:

Of what? Everyone knows the AFL have more rotations. Just like we know our players cover far greater distances at a greater speed and intensity, and for a longer game! :wink:

''Physically, AFL is a two-hour running game where two things happen,'' says Gibbs. ''Firstly, the total distance you run is further than in an NRL game. Secondly, you run at a higher intensity during the game. AFL is a man-on-man game. You have to go with your opponent.