23,955 Members for Broncos / 15,433 Members for Lions

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: 23,955 Members for Broncos / 15,433 Members for Lions

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Grass roots ARs in Sydney has grown and grown after fantastic support from the AFL. These players will follow the teams in Sydney. More players will come due to the increase in exposure, and they will follow the new teams as well. It might take 20 years but the giants will end up just that, a giant!

The NRL are decades behind in grass roots development in AFL states! Hence the Storm haven't grown appreciably in 14 years of success. Hence the NRLs live GF replay recorded almost zero ratings in SA and WA.
yes its amazing isn't it
how far they've come in 30 years & 300 Million dollars later

45K TV veiwers watching the Swans in Primetime in a city of 4.5 Million

8-[

the VFL must be chuffed :-k
Expansion costs, shame the NRL are broke.

The vast majority of the swans games are on saturday or Sunday arvo when the ratings for every sport are lower. Even the NRL in Sydney is only around 300k on Sunday games(down 25% on FN). Their games on SN are against foxtel and some are still around 100k. If a single AFL team is getting 25% of the NRLs ratings I'm not complaining.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Grass roots ARs in Sydney has grown and grown after fantastic support from the AFL. These players will follow the teams in Sydney. More players will come due to the increase in exposure, and they will follow the new teams as well. It might take 20 years but the giants will end up just that, a giant!

The NRL are decades behind in grass roots development in AFL states! Hence the Storm haven't grown appreciably in 14 years of success. Hence the NRLs live GF replay recorded almost zero ratings in SA and WA.
yes its amazing isn't it

8-[

The vast majority of the swans games are on saturday or Sunday arvo when the ratings for every sport are lower. Even the NRL in Sydney is only around 300k on Sunday games(down 25% on FN). Their games on SN are against foxtel and some are still around 100k. If a single AFL team is getting 25% of the NRLs ratings I'm not complaining.

but but but :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
yes its amazing isn't it

8-[

but but but :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No buts involved. It's the truth. The AFL is certainly a better sport live, and the attendances clearly demonstrate this. Yet the ratings are still tremendous and more than acceptable in expansion markets when compared to other sports.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.