BS file claim#16: more participants in PNG playing RL than..

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

BS file claim#16: more participants in PNG playing RL than..

Post by Xman »

BS file claim#16: more participants in PNG playing RL than AFL world wide

Claimant: ParraEelsNRL

Challenger: NSWAFL

Challenged: 10/2/12 2000
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Re: BS file claim#16: more participants in PNG playing RL th

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

A 3rd of people in PNG play RL, that's 2 million people, over half the population of PNG is under the age of 25. Every school in PNG plays Rugby League, both boys and girls.

I have read that the afl have what is it, 50, 60, 70k outside Australia playing?

Add that with the number playing in Australia, and it gets nowhere near RL in PNG.

The afl numbers when added would be under 1 million.

A 3rd of 6 million is 2 million.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-02-18/p ... bid/299766
PNG's deputy Prime Minister Puka Temu said the government is approaching private enterprise to help achieve the necessary criteria for entry into the competition.

"Imagine a PNG team in the NRL competition, imagine the opportunities, and imagine the strengthening of the PNG and Australia relationship," Mr Temu said.

"To have our very own NRL team would unite the whole country."

PNG rugby league president Danny Holmes said an estimated third of PNG's six million population plays league.

"We can have more influence than the government, that's how important and big this is," he said.

"The implications are greater than just having a footy side in the NRL, it gives a big time goal to every kid who puts a boot on.

"We've been using league as a way for kids to learn to be part of a team and a community with a common goal, to learn life skills and confidence," he said.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

http://www.foxsports.com.au/breaking-ne ... public_rss
PAPUA New Guinea have launched their bid to enter a team into the Australian NRL competition.

Rugby league is officially PNG’s national sport and the NRL is considered the ultimate goal for aspiring players.

But entering the NRL has wider implication than simply sporting success - it provides a unifying direction for millions of die hard fans who often play all year round, barefoot, in searing heat and on rock hard surfaces.

PNG political elite know the potential and on Tuesday Prime Minister Michael Somare gave 500,000 kina ($250,000) of government money towards an official team to develop a NRL proposal.

Gold Coast Titans chairman Paul Broughton and Queensland coach Mal Meninga are also part of PNG's 'bid team'.

PNG's deputy Prime Minister Puka Temu said the government is now approaching private enterprise to help achieve the necessary criteria for entry into the competition.

“Imagine a PNG team in the NRL competition, imagine the opportunities, and imagine the strengthening of the PNG and Australia relationship,'' he said.

“To have our very own NRL team would unite the whole country,'' he said.

PNG rugby league president Danny Holmes said an estimated third of PNG's six million population plays league.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

http://forums.rugbyleagueplanet.com/topic/4684232/1/
During the 2000 Rugby League World Cup an estimated audience of 2 million watched the Kumuls lose to the Welsh Dragons in the quarter finals in the early hours of the morning local time. Despite this loss over 50,000 fans welcomed the team at Port Moresby Airport later that week.

Rugby league has a huge participation rate in the junior level with every school in the country involved in a rugby league competition as rugby league is part of the school curriculum.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Missed this one too stupidest little one?

Thanks again for another B&S point :\:
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles

Post by NSWAFL »

First off, two million out of six million means that every adult (male and female) plays RL in PNG! I call BS on that estimation in that story that Debbie quoted in the same way (rightly) BS was called on John O'Neill.

Now, let's do an estimate to start with and I'm going to need some help here with outside New South Wales.

Now if I remember rightly to begin with the Sydney AFL provides for 60 players for clubs fielding seniors and reserves. Add another 30 for more and that includes juniors. Now here are the number of teams being fielded in 2012 per club.

AUBURN 4
BALMAIN 7
BLACKTOWN 1
CAMDEN 4
CAMPBELLTOWN 6
GOSFORD 2
HOLROYD-PARRAMATTA 10
ILLAWARRA 6
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY 15
MANLY-WARRINGAH 17
MOOREBANK 13
NOR-WEST 7
NORTH SHORE 8
NSWAFUA 0
PENNANT HILLS 7
PENRITH RAMS AFC 8
SAINTS afc 8
SOUTHERN POWER 9
ST GEORGE 6
ST IGNATIUS COLLEGE, RIVERVIEW 2
SYDNEY HILLS EAGLES 11
SYDNEY UNIVERSITY 12
UNI OF NSW/EASTERN SUBURBS 14
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY 10
WESTERN SUBURBS 9

That's 181 teams. 5,430 players.

There are 11 regional leagues in New South Wales.

Black Diamond AFL (10 clubs)
Central West AFL (6 clubs)
Farrer FL (8 clubs)
Hume FL (13 clubs)
North Coast AFL (6 clubs)
Northern Riverina FL (7 clubs)
Riverina FL (9 clubs)
Sapphire Coast AFL (7 clubs)
South Coast AFL (8 clubs)
Summerland AFL (4 clubs)
Tamworth AFL (7 clubs)

Not all of the 2012 fixtures are out yet, but I do know that only three leagues don't field reserves and that's Northern Riverina, Summerland and Tamworth. I don't have the junior numbers in front of me but we can say that we have 85 clubs there with only 18 fielding one team. So that's 67 x 2 = 134 + 18 = 152 teams. 4,560 players for a total (at least) of almost 10,000 in New South Wales. Now I am certain there are loads more than that in the AFL states and probably about the same in Queensland. And what was that number again for AFL overseas? Someone remind me.

More to come. Can anyone else help with the other states?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Thanks for the PM, NSWAFL. And I'm sorry to tell you this, but AFL playing numbers are not as high as you think. I can understand why you would think that, but I can assure you that nationwide the numbers are probably about 500,000 at a rough guess and that includes Auskick.

However, I have to say that I agree with you about 2 million people playing thugby (yeah I said it!) is a gross over estimation! I think we need to see some stats instead of some comment made by someone who could well be a mis-truth merchant trying to promote the game!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles

Post by NSWAFL »

500K? Are you sure TLPG? There would have to be that in Victoria alone surely? Can you double check that?
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

I guess none of you watched the clips.

Bahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaha,

RL is mandatory in all PNG schools for a start, half the population is under 25 and if you listen carefully in one of those clips, it is stated that they are using RL to get kids to go to school, no school = no RL.

LOL.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

NSWAFL wrote:
First off, two million out of six million means that every adult (male and female) plays RL in PNG! I call BS on that estimation in that story that Debbie quoted in the same way (rightly) BS was called on John O'Neill.

Now, let's do an estimate to start with and I'm going to need some help here with outside New South Wales.

Now if I remember rightly to begin with the Sydney AFL provides for 60 players for clubs fielding seniors and reserves. Add another 30 for more and that includes juniors. Now here are the number of teams being fielded in 2012 per club.

AUBURN 4
BALMAIN 7
BLACKTOWN 1
CAMDEN 4
CAMPBELLTOWN 6
GOSFORD 2
HOLROYD-PARRAMATTA 10
ILLAWARRA 6
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY 15
MANLY-WARRINGAH 17
MOOREBANK 13
NOR-WEST 7
NORTH SHORE 8
NSWAFUA 0
PENNANT HILLS 7
PENRITH RAMS AFC 8
SAINTS afc 8
SOUTHERN POWER 9
ST GEORGE 6
ST IGNATIUS COLLEGE, RIVERVIEW 2
SYDNEY HILLS EAGLES 11
SYDNEY UNIVERSITY 12
UNI OF NSW/EASTERN SUBURBS 14
UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY 10
WESTERN SUBURBS 9

That's 181 teams. 5,430 players.

There are 11 regional leagues in New South Wales.

Black Diamond AFL (10 clubs)
Central West AFL (6 clubs)
Farrer FL (8 clubs)
Hume FL (13 clubs)
North Coast AFL (6 clubs)
Northern Riverina FL (7 clubs)
Riverina FL (9 clubs)
Sapphire Coast AFL (7 clubs)
South Coast AFL (8 clubs)
Summerland AFL (4 clubs)
Tamworth AFL (7 clubs)

Not all of the 2012 fixtures are out yet, but I do know that only three leagues don't field reserves and that's Northern Riverina, Summerland and Tamworth. I don't have the junior numbers in front of me but we can say that we have 85 clubs there with only 18 fielding one team. So that's 67 x 2 = 134 + 18 = 152 teams. 4,560 players for a total (at least) of almost 10,000 in New South Wales. Now I am certain there are loads more than that in the AFL states and probably about the same in Queensland. And what was that number again for AFL overseas? Someone remind me.

More to come. Can anyone else help with the other states?
WTF is this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:

RL is mandatory in all PNG schools for a start, half the population is under 25 and if you listen carefully in one of those clips, it is stated that they are using RL to get kids to go to school, no school = no RL.

LOL.
I don't believe the numbers for a start but more importantly, it seems your code forces kids to play RL to gather numbers/stats. What was it Raider was saying about Auskick in schools in NSW? Hmm
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

http://www.pngnrlbid.com/index.php?page_id=9
Community Programs
The PNG NRL Bid is committed to building a strong Papua New Guinea through Development Program to support the community. The Coca-Cola National All Schools Rugby League Program is a National Development program to be delivered via a partnership between the PNGRFL and the PNG NRL BID. The program will be implemented and managed on behalf of the PNGRFL by the PNG NRL BID.

The program will be used is to deliver the following key messages:
Education - Importance of attendance at school policy
Education - Importance of academic performance policy
Behaviour - Code of Behaviour & Attitude policy
Respect - Respect towards others policy
Healthy Living
Gender Equality
Say No To Domestic Violence
HIV awareness

Through the program Rugby League can be used to enforce School attendance, Education, Ethics, Behaviour and Respect towards others and deliver messages about Health, Gender Equality, Domestic Violence and HIV awareness, to produce not only potential future Rugby League stars but AMBASSADORS FOR PAPUA NEW GUINEA.

The focus of the program is to produce the following outcomes:

1.Pathway for Junior Papua New Guineans through local schools to Zone & National Championships, Tops Development Camps, Broncos Development Squads and U16 & U18 PNG Representative teams.
2.Provide vital basic playing equipment & funding to schools participating in the program.
3.To deliver regular & ongoing training for officials – Coaches, Referees and League Safe Personnel.
4.National structure teaching school kids the basics of Rugby League from an early age i.e. catch, pass, grip, tackle, kick.
5.Lifting the standard of future PNG National team performances over a period of time through core teaching of Rugby League skills and grass roots talent identification.

The end result is to use Rugby League as a tool to produce educated, talented youth who can actively become role models either through a Rugby League or an Academic Career.

“Our aim is to provide a pathway and to produce not only good quality rugby league players, but good quality people, who can become the future Leaders and Ambassadors for PNG.”

John Numapo
Chairman
PNGRFL

Brad Tassell
Chief Executive Officer
PNG NRL BID
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Beaussie wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:

LOL.
I don't believe the numbers for a start but more importantly, it seems your code forces kids to play RL to gather numbers/stats. What was it Raider was saying about Auskick in schools in NSW? Hmm

Very different, if they don't go to school, they can't play footy.