Indigenous All Stars match

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Indigenous All Stars match

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hey folks,

Who's watching the Indigenous All Stars match tmw night? It's been a real great concept of the NRL's which has been fantastic to watch. From what I remember the AFL do something like it but its not as popular. :o

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: Indigenous All Stars match

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey folks,

Who's watching the Indigenous All Stars match tmw night? It's been a real great concept of the NRL's which has been fantastic to watch. From what I remember the AFL do something like it but its not as popular. :o
The afl do nothing like this.

I won't be watching. Why would I?
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey folks,

bells on E
myself & my son will be nestling down in front of the box tonight to watch our favourite NRL players in both Teams

the Raiders are well represented in both
I am expecting young Dugan to carve at fullback for the All Stars ..... & Idris to be a handfull out wide for the All stars D

theres only about 400 tickets left
so it will sellout .... a million plus watching on the box
its just a wonderful event that brings indigenous & non indigenous Australians together ... they'll be a fitting tribute to the late great arthur beetson
it will be the biggest sporting event on the Gold Coast this year by several miles :wink:

the AFL's pale imitation at this type of event was cancelled last year due to lack of interest
when will they get something outside of club football ( & thats going south too )............ right :-k
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey folks,

the AFL do nothing .. fullstop :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey folks,

They do plenty. Just not a format like this
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

plenty ?
like what

& I don;t mean club games ... we do them too ......... & sooooooo much more

but prey tell
what .. plenty .... do the AFL do ? :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

plenty ?
like what

but prey tell
In reference to what, be more specific.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

plenty ?
like what

but prey tell
I said outside of club football ...

when I said they do nothing ........ this is what i was refering to
what were you refering to ?
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

plenty ?
like what

but prey tell
I said outside of club football ...

when I said they do nothing ........ this is what i was refering to
what were you refering to ?
Are you blind? I already said they do nothin like the NRLs all stars game.

There are other important things beyond a single all star game though.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Find out more about the numerous AFL programs that support indigenous footballers and communities.

AFL Kickstart

The AFL Kickstart program uses Australian Football as a vehicle to promote healthy lifestyles in indigenous communities. The program works with state governments to tailor messages for different regions and communities. It includes NAB AFL Auskick and involves children, teenagers, adults, coaches and administrators.

In 2011, the Kickstart program expanded to include the AFL Indigenous Kickstart U15 National  Championships which run at a different location each year. From the Championships the Flying Boomerangs will be selected on criteria consisting of onfield performances and off-field leadership. More about the U15 Kickstart Championships 

Flying Boomerangs

The Flying Boomerangs program is a personal development and leadership program for selected participants from the Kickstart program. The program includes a three-match series against international teams and and intense leadership and cultural development workshops.

The international matches are held in different countries each year including South Africa, Tonga or Papa New Guinea.

Twenty-five participants are selected based on leadership potential and football ability.

U23 Rio Tinto Footy Means Business Program

Each year, the Footy Means Business program provides talent and employment opportunities for 50 young Indigenous men from all over Australia .

The program consists of two camps, one in Sydney in October and the second in May in Melbourne.

During the camps participants are exposed to the routine of a professional AFL player, including high performance testing, training and conditioning.

Between the two camps participants are assigned a mentor and are required to undertake a personal development project in their community.

During the camps participants are introduced to potential career opportunities with our corporate partners. The AFL and Rio Tinto have set a 100% target for participants to be engaged in employment/education or training at the completion of the program.

AFL Indigenous All Star Match & AFLPA Camp

The AFL and AFLPA partner to combine the camp and All Stars game every two years. This enables further development for Indigenous players and celebrates their contribution to our game.

Attending the camp are 80+ Indigenous AFL players. The camp entails personal development, career planning and cultural identity workshops.

The players have the opportunity to engage in the community, attending numerous schools and communities in Sydney and Darwin.

The camp culminates in the AFL Indigenous All Stars Match against an AFL Club.

Indigenous Academies

The AFL currently has five Indigenous Academies (including the Worawa Academy and Munarra Academy) designed to increase school attendance, completion of year 12 and indigenous participation in sport. Each academy has its own unique program to respond to local opportunities and needs. The academies are spread across Australia with one located in Queensland, two in New South Wales, and two in Victoria.

AFL Ambassadors for Life Mentoring Program

The AFL in collaboration with the AFL Players’ Association and AFL SportsReady have developed the AFL “Ambassadors for Life” Mentoring Program. This program works with players to develop mentoring and leadership skills. Players then mentor young indigenous people throughout the Australian community.

AFL Club Fostership Program

The AFL Club Community Fostership Program is a three-year engagement strategy to encourage Indigenous children and teenagers to reach their full potential. AFL Clubs partner with indigenous communities and, in conjunction with local schools and community organisations, engage young people in school and sporting activities. The nature of the program will vary from community to community and link with existing activities being delivered for young people.

Indigenous Employment Strategy

This framework complements the AFL's diversity, community engagement and corporate responsibility strategies. We are developing a Statement of Commitment and will set challenging targets for indigenous employment across the AFL industry.
http://www.afl.com.au/programs/tabid/14340/default.aspx
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:

Find out more about the numerous AFL programs that support indigenous footballers and communities.

AFL Kickstart

The AFL Kickstart program uses Australian Football as a vehicle to promote healthy lifestyles in indigenous communities. The program works with state governments to tailor messages for different regions and communities. It includes NAB AFL Auskick and involves children, teenagers, adults, coaches and administrators.

In 2011, the Kickstart program expanded to include the AFL Indigenous Kickstart U15 National  Championships which run at a different location each year. From the Championships the Flying Boomerangs will be selected on criteria consisting of onfield performances and off-field leadership. More about the U15 Kickstart Championships 

Flying Boomerangs

The Flying Boomerangs program is a personal development and leadership program for selected participants from the Kickstart program. The program includes a three-match series against international teams and and intense leadership and cultural development workshops.

The international matches are held in different countries each year including South Africa, Tonga or Papa New Guinea.

Twenty-five participants are selected based on leadership potential and football ability.

Each year, the Footy Means Business program provides talent and employment opportunities for 50 young Indigenous men from all over Australia .

The program consists of two camps, one in Sydney in October and the second in May in Melbourne.

During the camps participants are exposed to the routine of a professional AFL player, including high performance testing, training and conditioning.

Between the two camps participants are assigned a mentor and are required to undertake a personal development project in their community.

During the camps participants are introduced to potential career opportunities with our corporate partners. The AFL and Rio Tinto have set a 100% target for participants to be engaged in employment/education or training at the completion of the program.

The AFL and AFLPA partner to combine the camp and All Stars game every two years. This enables further development for Indigenous players and celebrates their contribution to our game.

Attending the camp are 80+ Indigenous AFL players. The camp entails personal development, career planning and cultural identity workshops.

The players have the opportunity to engage in the community, attending numerous schools and communities in Sydney and Darwin.

Indigenous Academies

The AFL currently has five Indigenous Academies (including the Worawa Academy and Munarra Academy) designed to increase school attendance, completion of year 12 and indigenous participation in sport. Each academy has its own unique program to respond to local opportunities and needs. The academies are spread across Australia with one located in Queensland, two in New South Wales, and two in Victoria.

The AFL in collaboration with the AFL Players’ Association and AFL SportsReady have developed the AFL “Ambassadors for Life” Mentoring Program. This program works with players to develop mentoring and leadership skills. Players then mentor young indigenous people throughout the Australian community.

The AFL Club Community Fostership Program is a three-year engagement strategy to encourage Indigenous children and teenagers to reach their full potential. AFL Clubs partner with indigenous communities and, in conjunction with local schools and community organisations, engage young people in school and sporting activities. The nature of the program will vary from community to community and link with existing activities being delivered for young people.

This framework complements the AFL's diversity, community engagement and corporate responsibility strategies. We are developing a Statement of Commitment and will set challenging targets for indigenous employment across the AFL industry.
8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll:

and ..on field F wit ? ............... do they do anything on the field :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

AFL Kickstart

Flying Boomerangs

Indigenous Academies

8-[

They have a dream team game celebrating the contribution of indigenous people to the game of AFL.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
8-[

They have a dream team game celebrating the contribution of indigenous people to the game of AFL.
.... dream team game ?

8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what the f'ing hell is that

you have a nap & dream the team up do you ?

oh summa flogballs best right there .................. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

http://www.indigenous.gov.au/stories/36_dreamtime/

Dream TIME

Bigger attendance than any NRL home and away game in my opinion.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

Amusing stuff.
I'm chuffed this game's a sellout. And also chuffed with cos lettuce, displaying his ignorance of the AFL and their activities. Does that guy even follow the sport? He sure seems to have little knowledge of it. From the look of this thread, if a new member were to pop in, they'd be accurate in assuming RD knows more about AR than cos.

Oh and dream time at the g is a fantastic concept Xman, a fairly stirring event, though Raider is asking for things other than club games :wink:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?