Wests Tigers - What Does The Future Hold?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Wests Tigers - What Does The Future Hold?

Post by Beaussie »

What is the future of the Wests Tigers joint venture? Wests and Balmain fans at LU have certainly made it clear that the future doesn’t look bright. The bickering amongst fans about Wests and Balmain and Campbelltown and Leichhardt, will no doubt prove to be the downfall of this already struggling franchise. Judge for yourself, here are some quotes from fans on both sides of the argument:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/viewtopic.php?
t=37199&sid=c5f24aae4762cba95dca098df5d099c6
GameFirst wrote:
As expected, the NRL have privately told and strongly advised the Tigers that Campbeltown must be looked after as priority for Wests Tigers to survive long term!
BringBackBalmain wrote:
Seriously, lets get real here. Wests can call themselves whatever they want. they can be called the wooly woofters, the mollycoddlers, the borgnines, i really dont care, as long as they are not the tigers.

the tigers name belongs to balmain, and balmain it shall remain!
# 8 wrote:
Play all games at Leichhardt, get rid of Campbelltown.
Mighty Tiger wrote:
I bet there are a few worried people over at Wests at the moment because Ryde Eastwoods are starting to make their intentions clear and we are helping them because plain and simply Wests made their intentions clear to us and well since they are for themselves and not for the JV, Balmain are now looking more long term and it won't be involving Wests thats for sure!!!!
oro wrote:
Dress code for entry at Campelltown Wests - Mullet (Danny night-time, Ausse 11 preferred), tight black jeans, ACDC t-shirt (with obligatory packet of smokes up sleeve), ugg boots, tats.

Here we have Old Man EA jumping to the defence of his local area:
Everlovin’ Antichrist wrote:
meh, for blokes that say they wouldn't go to Campbelltown if they were paid to, you both seem to know a fair bit about Wests Leagues at Campbelltown.

I'd make jokes about Balmain Leagues but I've never set foot in the place. I wouldn't want to catch anything.

Finally, a picture proves which side of the debate Madunit is on. Here he is getting signatures for his “Stop the Rotâ€
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Any club that would recruit Madunit even to just solicit signatures is doomed.

They have been a schomozzle from the start - have they even ever made the top 8 since the joint venture?

Possibly if there major supporters stopped arranging fights to take place at the front of Campbelltown Stadium during games, they might have had a chance. :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Possibly if there major supporters stopped arranging fights to take place at the front of Campbelltown Stadium during games, they might have had a chance. :lol:
Hahahaha, who could ever forget the planned Rd 10 stoush at Campbelltown Stadium. :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yeah I remember it well. I waited there for a good 30mins after the arranged meeting time, and nothing. Although I did see a fat redhead look me in the eyes. The whites of his eyes were clear as he scurried off.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?