How West was lost

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: How West was lost

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Remember back in 2009 when Parramatta had half the FTA games as the Broncos and Collingwood?

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
They represent 2million people. Collingwood represent one ninth of 4.5mil.

That result is a disaster for the broncos.

is it a disaster for Parramatta ... also 1/9 of 4.5 Million ?
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Remember back in 2009 when Parramatta had half the FTA games as the Broncos and Collingwood?

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Nope. The disatster for the NRL sides in Sydney on this list is that the vast majority who say they support these teams obviously do not take out memberships or attend games!

Obviously the people are there in Sydney, and when asked they'll say they follow a team, but how exactly are they following? By just watching on TV? Well every AFL supporter does that too. But they also attend games and take out memberships, which directly benefits their team.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

Nope. The disatster for the NRL sides in Sydney on this list is that the vast majority who say they support these teams obviously do not take out memberships or attend games!Obviously the people are there in Sydney, and when asked they'll say they follow a team, but how exactly are they following? By just watching on TV? Well every AFL supporter does that too. But they also attend games and take out memberships, which directly benefits their team.

growing ... growing every year
Parramatta probably had 2K members in 2005
they'll have 15K in 2012
in 2022... who knows

memberships corrolate directly to increased attendances .. so that will fix up & improve in time too

whilst the AFL has hit the ceiling for support ..what these figures indicate is there are massive numbers of untapped supporters out there for our clubs
yet to show their support for their club via something other then watching them on TV
but at least they are there
culturally our supporters attitudes are changing ... they're coming out of their living rooms to grounds more regularly .... our clubs are moving more n more games from their small traditional suburban grounds to bigger stadia
& while sydneys problems of poor infrastructure , roads , public transport ... will remain for a long time
things are very much on the up. :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

Nope. The disatster for the NRL sides in Sydney on this list is that the vast majority who say they support these teams obviously do not take out memberships or attend games!Obviously the people are there in Sydney, and when asked they'll say they follow a team, but how exactly are they following? By just watching on TV? Well every AFL supporter does that too. But they also attend games and take out memberships, which directly benefits their team.

they'll have 15K in 2012
in 2022... who knows

memberships corrolate directly to increased attendances .. so that will fix up & improve in time too

whilst the AFL has hit the ceiling for support ..what these figures indicate is there are massive numbers of untapped supporters out there for our clubs
yet to show their support for their club via something other then watching them on TV
culturally our supporters attitudes are changing ... they're coming out of their living rooms to grounds more regularly .... our clubs are moving more n more games from their small traditional suburban grounds to bigger stadia
& while sydneys problems of poor infrastructure , roads , public transport ... will remain for a long time

The AFL following has not hit a ceiling! They had the highest attendance ever last year! It goes up constantly.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles

Post by NSWAFL »

And will continue to go up as the expansion continues! The NRL won't get a 20,000 average in 2012! The average crowd would have to go up by a little under 15 percent!! And it would be an all time record (2010 is the current all time record). And yet they would remain 16,000 on average behind the AFL!
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Xman wrote:
The AFL following has not hit a ceiling!
In fact IMO 2012 there is potential for some big gains as the situation of 2011 will not repeated.
In these discussions it's important to be careful with terminology.
IMO a "supporter" is a person who actively supports the game by attending matches - a direct monetary involvement.
IMO a "follower" is person who follows the fortunes of a team but really provides no support for the team.
Nice try Cos.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

they'll have 15K in 2012
in 2022... who knows

I saw your post on LU about memberships and expected crowds for 2012. 20k average attendance hey? That's bold of you.

The AFL following has not hit a ceiling! They had the highest attendance ever last year! It goes up constantly.

ah

have another look [-X [-X [-X
& report back to me when you do ...................

the AFL's attendance average & aggregate too probably ...will slide with falling support for 4 of their teams in NSW & QLD .. they've hit their peak

they're done.
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

they'll have 15K in 2012
in 2022... who knows

I saw your post on LU about memberships and expected crowds for 2012. 20k average attendance hey? That's bold of you.

ah

the AFL's attendance average & aggregate too probably ...will slide with falling support for 4 of their teams in NSW & QLD .. they've hit their peak

they're done.
Lock it in

More claims by you that will be laughed at in the future.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

cos789 wrote:
Xman wrote:
The AFL following has not hit a ceiling!
In fact IMO 2012 there is potential for some big gains as the situation of 2011 will not repeated.
potential from where ?

GWS ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good one cuzzy
still slapping the bejesus out of it aren't ya :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

ah

they're done.
Lock it in

so you are saying the AFL average will NOT drop below 34,893 this year ?
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

ah

they're done.
Lock it in

The average will drop unless the GWs get 35k average, which they won't. The aggregate will go up which is the more important figure.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Lock it in

The average will drop unless the GWs get 35k average, which they won't. The aggregate will go up which is the more important figure.
so say an extra 10K more fans overall then last year is a result worth champange corks popping ova ?
afterall it was only 29K more in 2011 then 2010

seriously
only a deluded wombat wouldn't look into what it cost to get 39K more aggregate fans
an extra 22 games
for 39K fans

& a $100 Million dollar bill to go with it ... ( the bill for Running the Thuns for 2 years & GWS for 1)
& a seriously weakend comp too

embarrasing is what it is
dead set embarrasing [-X [-X [-X [-X
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

and OI Xman

I want that quote you attributed to me .... corrected

you want to claim I said something in another forum or site
you post what I said accurately

do not lie about what I said there [-X [-X [-X

K ?
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
and OI Xman

I want that quote you attributed to me .... corrected

you want to claim I said something in another forum or site
you post what I said accurately

do not lie about what I said there [-X [-X [-X

K ?
I only breezed over it quickly. I'm happy to be corrected. I don't really care.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Lock it in

so say an extra 10K more fans overall then last year is a result worth champange corks popping ova ?
afterall it was only 29K more in 2011 then 2010

seriously
only a deluded wombat wouldn't look into what it cost to get 39K more aggregate fans
an extra 22 games
for 39K fans

& a $100 Million dollar bill to go with it ... ( the bill for Running the Thuns for 2 years & GWS for 1)
& a seriously weakend comp too

embarrasing is what it is
dead set embarrasing [-X [-X [-X [-X[/quote]Embarrasing? What's really Embarrasing is that despite the afl expanding into new markets, and reducing their average crowd size in the process, they will still have crowd averages over double the size of the NRL, who are about as close to expansion outside NSW/QLD as Venus from mars.

The afl have the funds for expansion, and they are approaching it the correct way, grass roots first, then well supported teams second.