How West was lost

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: How West was lost

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Lock it in

More claims by you that will be laughed at in the future.
so you are saying the AFL average will NOT drop below 34,893 this year ?
The average will drop unless the GWs get 35k average, which they won't. The aggregate will go up which is the more important figure.
so say an extra 10K more fans overall then last year is a result worth champange corks popping ova ?
afterall it was only 29K more in 2011 then 2010

seriously
only a deluded wombat wouldn't look into what it cost to get 39K more aggregate fans
an extra 22 games
for 39K fans

& a $100 Million dollar bill to go with it ... ( the bill for Running the Thuns for 2 years & GWS for 1)
& a seriously weakend comp too

embarrasing is what it is
dead set embarrasing [-X [-X [-X [-X[/quote]

Embarrasing? What's really Embarrasing is that despite the afl expanding into new markets, and reducing their average crowd size in the process, they will still have crowd averages over double the size of the NRL, who are about as close to expansion outside NSW/QLD as Venus from mars.The afl have the funds for expansion, and they are approaching it the correct way, grass roots first, then well supported teams second.[/quote]

Not for Long ...

it will drop below double for the first time ever in 2012
in 1997.. the AFL average was triple the NRL's

the AFL has peaked & flatened out
the NRL continues to grow

& Perths new team is a bit closer the the distance between Venus n Mars
its less then 3 years away :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles

Post by NSWAFL »

An extra game a week in the AFL fixture means, yeah, the average will drop a bit. But the extra game will put the aggregate up. The only way it couldn't is if there's a 0 attendance at the extra game. And that's never going to happen!

Perth's never going to happen in my opinion.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Intentcity wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
I saw your post on LU about memberships and expected crowds for 2012. 20k average attendance hey? That's bold of you.

The AFL following has not hit a ceiling! They had the highest attendance ever last year! It goes up constantly.

ah

have another look [-X [-X [-X
& report back to me when you do ...................

the AFL's attendance average & aggregate too probably ...will slide with falling support for 4 of their teams in NSW & QLD .. they've hit their peak

they're done.
**** you're dumb, ratings/crowds are both performance related, our SA number are down as well due to poor performance, the AFL have proven they can get good crowds and decent ratings in Syd/Bris when their teams perform, The Storm can't get near our expansion numbers even though they've been up the top for the last 4 or 5 years.
they are only to a degree
the Swans have been consistent performers since 2005... yet the interest in them in Sydney continues to wane & decline
AFL is finished as a sport north of the murray ... confined to support by ex pats only

the attempts at national domination have failed
time to move on ............... :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NSWAFL wrote:
An extra game a week in the AFL fixture means, yeah, the average will drop a bit. But the extra game will put the aggregate up. The only way it couldn't is if there's a 0 attendance at the extra game. And that's never going to happen!

Perth's never going to happen in my opinion.

29K more patrons ... for 11 games
the average for the extra game was 2600

whoop de doo ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

the Reds are in
99.9%

:wink:
Last edited by Raiderdave on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Intentcity wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

ah

have another look [-X [-X [-X
& report back to me when you do ...................

the AFL's attendance average & aggregate too probably ...will slide with falling support for 4 of their teams in NSW & QLD .. they've hit their peak

they're done.
**** you're dumb, ratings/crowds are both performance related, our SA number are down as well due to poor performance, the AFL have proven they can get good crowds and decent ratings in Syd/Bris when their teams perform, The Storm can't get near our expansion numbers even though they've been up the top for the last 4 or 5 years.
the Swans have been consistent performers since 2005... yet the interest in them in Sydney continues to wane & decline
AFL is finished as a sport north of the murray ... confined to support by ex pats only

Yet in 2005 they peaked! Their ladder position has never reached that peak again, nor have their crowds.

It's not hard! #-o
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Intentcity wrote:

Yet in 2005 they peaked! Their ladder position has never reached that peak again, nor have their crowds.

It's not hard! #-o
2009 12th
2010 finalists .... crowds & memberships & TV ratings still dropped , 2011 .. finalists again .. everything dropped again

I can assure you nothing short of winning the premiership will prevent .. another .. drop in 2012
stick a fork in the Swans

they're done :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

You wish they were done, Dave. If they get a few wins on the board early in the 2012 season on the back of the finals appearance in 2011, the crowds will flow back towards 2005 levels. Even if they don't they'll get an average crowd the envy of every NRL club based in Sydney!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

It's not hard! #-o
2009 12th
2010 finalists .... crowds & memberships & TV ratings still dropped , 2011 .. finalists again .. everything dropped again

I can assure you nothing short of winning the premiership will prevent .. another .. drop in 2012
stick a fork in the Swans

they're done :wink:[/quote]Back to this bs again!

Well the titans and the cowboys are gone too. Both have dropped in attendance every year in the last 5 despite improving their position on the ladder in Atleast one of those 5 years
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Lock it in

More claims by you that will be laughed at in the future.
so you are saying the AFL average will NOT drop below 34,893 this year ?
The average will drop unless the GWs get 35k average, which they won't. The aggregate will go up which is the more important figure.
so say an extra 10K more fans overall then last year is a result worth champange corks popping ova ?
afterall it was only 29K more in 2011 then 2010

seriously
only a deluded wombat wouldn't look into what it cost to get 39K more aggregate fans
an extra 22 games
for 39K fans

& a $100 Million dollar bill to go with it ... ( the bill for Running the Thuns for 2 years & GWS for 1)
& a seriously weakend comp too

embarrasing is what it is
dead set embarrasing [-X [-X [-X [-X[/quote]Embarrasing? What's really Embarrasing is that despite the afl expanding into new markets, and reducing their average crowd size in the process, they will still have crowd averages over double the size of the NRL, who are about as close to expansion outside NSW/QLD as Venus from mars.

The afl have the funds for expansion, and they are approaching it the correct way, grass roots first, then well supported teams second.[/quote]

Really, could you tell me where the AFL/AR has expanded successfully compared to the NRL/RL?
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Imagine the ratings the mighty eels will get when they are shown nation wide and have a half decent team on the pitch?

Bahaha, smashed collingtin with half the games shown in 2 states only :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

[quote="ParraEelsNRLReally, could you tell me where the AFL/AR has expanded successfully compared to the NRL/RL?[/quote]

AFL in Tamworth, Armidale, Gunnedah, Muswellbrook, Inverell, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Lismore, Ballina, Byron Bay, Nambucca, Port Macquarie, Bathurst, Parkes, Dubbo, Cowra, Orange, Young, Newcastle, Gosford, Wollongong, Nowra, Kiama, Ulladulla, Batemans Bay, Merimbula, Eden, Cooma, Yass and Goulburn. And that's just NSW north of the Barassi Line!

Beat that outside of NSW and QLD, Parra!
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Hahaha, I'm from Goulburn, AFL was played a tiny bit, but in the last couple of years it wasn't because of the drought while RL was still played because their ground had bore water.

I grew up there and knew every part of the town and didn't even know it was played there till 5 years ago, that's how much of a profile it has.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Wanna know what suburb it's played in, or can you hahaha, tell me?
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Imagine the ratings the mighty eels will get when they are shown nation wide and have a half decent team on the pitch?
Pretty much the same ratings as they'd get by showing it in NSW and QLD :roll: =D> =D> =D>
Nice try Cos.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Bahaha, smashed collingtin with half the games shown in 2 states only :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Because everyone is desperate to see the eels play in Vic SA WA Tas :lol: