How West was lost

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: How West was lost

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:
Xman, if in the next post he doesn't prove the 15 factor or give us anything new - I recommend the delete button.
No, the 15 factor is clearly subjective so therefore an opinion.

I'm just tying to prove he's stupid, although he's doing a good job of it himself. :lol:

trying ... & failing

as you do with most things round here :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

NSWAFL wrote:
Xman, if in the next post he doesn't prove the 15 factor or give us anything new - I recommend the delete button.

I recommend you shut the F up

K :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles

Post by NSWAFL »

Xman wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:

I'm just tying to prove he's stupid, although he's doing a good job of it himself. :lol:
Ah actually he's claiming it as fact;
we will
I have
says you
nuff said
I wouldn't call that subjective at all.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

NSWAFL wrote:
Xman wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:

Ah actually he's claiming it as fact;
we will
I have
says you
nuff said
I wouldn't call that subjective at all.
Either way it s a subjective claim and therefore an opinion in my book, whether he thinks he's proved it or not.

Clearly he has not.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Xman wrote:
Either way it s a subjective claim and therefore an opinion in my book, whether he thinks he's proved it or not.

Clearly he has not.
Quite clearly it was a quantitative claim as a factor of 15 is a distinct quantity.
Quite clearly it wasn't well thought out and has no proven basis.
Even if it wasn't meant to be an accurate amount, none the less it has been proven false
so the claim needs to be retracted or modified.
Nice try Cos.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

cos789 wrote:
Xman wrote:

Clearly he has not.
Quite clearly it was a quantitative claim as a factor of 15 is a distinct quantity.
Quite clearly it wasn't well thought out and has no proven basis.
Even if it wasn't meant to be an accurate amount, none the less it has been proven false
so the claim needs to be retracted or modified.
It's an arbitrary factor. There is no way of proving it with any certainty either way. I think it's wrong but I cannot claim an accurate figure with any certainty either. To me this means it's subjective and therefore an opinion only, therefore he is welcome to it.

I'm happy to leave it there and laugh. Plus if I delete claims like this there won't be many posts left to read.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

That's an interesting precedent, Xman. Could it be a version of "You can make statistics prove anything you want"?
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

NSWAFL wrote:
LMAO at Dave! Sleeping giant? The Swans have been pulling higher average crowds than any of the Sydney NRL teams for years, while the Broncos have been far more competitive for just as long! And what have the NRL done about that?

One big freaking goose egg! In fact at one point they nearly fell apart and only now are they getting themselves back together with an independent commission, which they stole from the AFL!

Show us some decent reactions. Getting spooked is one thing, but the reaction is something else!
And where did the victorian rules steal the idea of an IC from? :roll:
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Remember back in 2009 when Parramatta had half the FTA games as the Broncos and Collingwood?

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Ohhhh, look at those Storm Pay TV figures :-k =D>
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Remember back in 2009 when Parramatta had half the FTA games as the Broncos and Collingwood?

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
They represent 2million people. Collingwood represent one ninth of 4.5mil.

That result is a disaster for the broncos.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:
LMAO at Dave! Sleeping giant? The Swans have been pulling higher average crowds than any of the Sydney NRL teams for years, while the Broncos have been far more competitive for just as long! And what have the NRL done about that?

One big freaking goose egg! In fact at one point they nearly fell apart and only now are they getting themselves back together with an independent commission, which they stole from the AFL!

Show us some decent reactions. Getting spooked is one thing, but the reaction is something else!
Australian rules, not Victorian rules. And the AFL was the first sporting competition to have an IC, so we stole it from no one. Where do you think we "stole" it from?

Oh and where did that chart come from originally?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

NSWAFL wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:

Australian rules, not Victorian rules. And the AFL was the first sporting competition to have an IC, so we stole it from no one. Where do you think we "stole" it from?

Oh and where did that chart come from originally?
I've seen it before. It's a Morgan poll.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

From 2009? Looks like they have included regionals in FTA, so that means either they used the unreliable figures or they did something seperate.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

NSWAFL wrote:
From 2009? Looks like they have included regionals in FTA, so that means either they used the unreliable figures or they did something seperate.
All they would have done, in my opinion :wink: , is produce a list of NRL and AFL teams in front of a large number of people and said "of all these RL teams which do you follow, now which AFL team?"

People will chose the team they identify with, even if they never attend their games or take out their memberships, or even follow them on TV or media.

If I was confronted with this list I would chose the storm as my RL team. But do I ever pay any interest in them beyond the occasional glance? No! But that's more than I do for any other NRL team, and only because they represent my city.