Swans home ground to recieve a $186 million upgrade.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: Swans home ground to recieve a $186 million upgrade.

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Looks like RL is dead on the GC!

The titans have steadily dropped in crowds In the last 5 years! Dead and buried.

RL is also dying in Northern QLD. The coboys have steadily dropped in attendance from nearly 21k in 2005 to only 14k last year.

See. rL is dying in its own heartland!

watch the Thuns do exactly the same ..... & worse

I hardly expect them to be playing in the AFL preliminary final in their 4th year
like the Titans did

I however do.. see the Titans going back to one in the NRL..in the next 4 years , maybe go one better then 2010
wow
that'd be the thuns worst nightmare :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

The titans have steadily dropped in crowds In the last 5 years! Dead and buried.

RL is also dying in Northern QLD. The coboys have steadily dropped in attendance from nearly 21k in 2005 to only 14k last year.

I hardly expect them to be playing in the AFL preliminary final in their 4th year
like the Titans did

I however do.. see the Titans going back to one in the NRL..in the next 4 years , maybe go one better then 2010
wow
The titans and cowboys attendences have dropped dramatically in recent years, even when they have improved their position on the ladder!

RL is dead in QLD!
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles

Post by NSWAFL »

Dave, I will play these predictions back at you when you are proven to be a BS clairvoyant!
Topper
Coach
Coach
Team: AFL

Post by Topper »

Emphasis on "when".
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

like the Titans did

wow
The titans and cowboys attendences have dropped dramatically in recent years, even when they have improved their position on the ladder!

RL is dead in QLD!
Titans had their first .. bad year on field
infact they couldn't of gone any worse ... & were STILL in sight of the brand shiny new Thuns

Cyclone Yasi knocked the hell out of the Nth Qld economy

the only sport dead in QLD ... is AR

2010 .... 1 team .. 29K fans a game
2011..... 2 teams .. 39K fans to ... 2 games

wow
those 10K fans cost the AFL 40 Million dollars ( est cost of setting the Thuns up )
hope they know that those ex ******* merkins :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NSWAFL wrote:
Dave, I will play these predictions back at you when you are proven to be a BS clairvoyant!

oh I'll be waiting dipshit
I'll give you something sooner to chew on

Thuns to drop support ... both attendances & membership by at least 10% in 2012

thats 1400 members for 2012
& 1900 attendees a game

hows them apples :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

like the Titans did

wow

RL is dead in QLD!
infact they couldn't of gone any worse ... & were STILL in sight of the brand shiny new Thuns

wow
those 10K fans cost the AFL 40 Million dollars ( est cost of setting the Thuns up )
Doesn't change the fact that the titans and cowboys crowds have been dipping almost every year for the Atleast the last 5, irrespective of whether they've improved their ladder position. And don't use yasi as an excuse. Firstly they should be used to cyclones. Second, that was one year. What about the others?

Fact is individual teams crowds will always rise and fall with success, usually delayed by a year or two. If the team is regularly doing well and still failing to grow, or even falling in crowds their is an issue. The storm is a classic example. The swans are not.

As for QLD afl, for two teams that were in the bottom 3 their aggregate home game average was 39.5k. Then Broncos and Titans was 48.5k.

A victory to the NRL of course but remember, this is supposed to be their heartland! On aggregate the NRL teams did far better ladder position wise as well.

Heartland? Marginally at best.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

RL is dead in QLD!

wow
Doesn't change the fact that the titans and cowboys crowds have been dipping almost every year for the Atleast the last 5, irrespective of whether they've improved their ladder position. And don't use yasi as an excuse. Firstly they should be used to cyclones. Second, that was one year. What about the others?

Fact is individual teams crowds will always rise and fall with success, usually delayed by a year or two. If the team is regularly doing well and still failing to grow, or even falling in crowds their is an issue. The storm is a classic example. The swans are not.

As for QLD afl, for two teams that were in the bottom 3 their aggregate home game average was 39.5k. Then Broncos and Titans was 48.5k.

A victory to the NRL of course but remember, this is supposed to be their heartland! On aggregate the NRL teams did far better ladder position wise as well.

don't even
on top of the attendances ( lets not forget the Lions held a 8K average attendance advantage ova the Broncos only 7 years ago .. so where'd that go ? as its now a 13K advantage to the Broncs :-k )

Titans & Broncos on TV 500,000 veiwers
Lions & thuns 120,000

Maroons on TV
850K in brissie alone .. ova a million in SE Qld
& 105K tickets sold in 20 minutes

it isn't a contest
QLD..... RL heartland :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

wow

don't even
on top of the attendances ( lets not forget the Lions held a 8K average attendance advantage ova the Broncos only 7 years ago .. so where'd that go ? as its now a 13K advantage to the Broncs :-k )

Titans & Broncos on TV 500,000 veiwers
Lions & thuns 120,000

Maroons on TV
850K in brissie alone .. ova a million in SE Qld
& 105K tickets sold in 20 minutes

it isn't a contest
QLD..... RL heartland :wink:
All we hear from Sydney NRL fans is how you can't compare Sydney and Melbourne attendances because of the traffic, the weather, ther stadiums, bla bla bla.

Well the lions and broncos have comparable stadiums. The suns and titans do as well. All are equally accessible, the weather is the same, the traffic, etc etc.

Yet the difference in attendance is only 20% with the broncos being the only finalists of all 4 teams. So they should be getting better crowds.

This has to be a worry for what should be RL heartland. The afl is clearly a big player up there now.

As for the broncos being ahead of the lions when they were behind 7 years ago. Are you that silly? 7 years ago the lions had just won their 3rd GF in a row! The broncos were middle of the pack for the preceding years. They were 3rd last year. The lions finished 15th. How many times does it need to be said? Crowds varies with success.
cooee
Seniors
Seniors
Team: All Brisbane based teams except the Lions

Post by cooee »

Lions are in trouble. They lost 8,000 members last year and their crowds dropped by 9,000.

The Suns have severely eaten into the Lions support. Very few AFL supporters in Queensland and all the introduction of the Suns has done is spilt the fan base.

The year the Titans were introduced the Broncos increased their members and crowd numbers.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles

Post by NSWAFL »

One key difference, cooee. The Broncos were never based on the Gold Coast and have never had a supporter base there. The Lions (when they were the Bears) did. Besides, the real reason for those drops was their drop down the ladder. The Broncos are regular finalists.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

cooee wrote:
Lions are in trouble. They lost 8,000 members last year and their crowds dropped by 9,000.

The Suns have severely eaten into the Lions support. Very few AFL supporters in Queensland and all the introduction of the Suns has done is spilt the fan base.

The year the Titans were introduced the Broncos increased their members and crowd numbers.
Of course the lions dropped crowds and membership! Theyre severely crap on field! Plus they would have lost fans to the suns like you said. I'm happy to admit that.

But overall, for afl in QLD ther are now more members and more crowds. This is hardly a negative!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

NSWAFL wrote:
One key difference, cooee. The Broncos were never based on the Gold Coast and have never had a supporter base there. The Lions (when they were the Bears) did. Besides, the real reason for those drops was their drop down the ladder. The Broncos are regular finalists.
Add to that they are telecast live on FN almost every week.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

a Worry ... :lol: :lol:

the AFL's average crowd in SE QLD dropped from 29K to 19K in one year
It WILL drop again in 2012

& again in 2013
the Lions won't go anywhere while the AFL continues to give all the draft preferences to GWS & the Thuns
& they're wasted on the Thuns who will be bottom 4 for some years to come
if they both stay above 15K average crowds . it will be a miracle

the Broncos will continue their increase in memberships .. & attendances ( they'll hit 40K av attendance & 25K members in a few years )
they'll handle the AFL in SE Qld by themselves

add the Titans & Bombers ( from 2015) & RL will see off yr silly little victorian sport
once n for all :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
NSWAFL wrote:
Add to that they are telecast live on FN almost every week.

feel free to whack your SE QLD AFL mungoes up against them anytime on FTA

oh .. wait 8-[

whats the saying

nuts in a bucket

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah .. we're real worried
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million