Ongoing Soccer Struggles on the Gold Coast

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Topper
Coach
Coach
Team: AFL
Been liked: 0

Re: Ongoing Soccer Struggles on the Gold Coast

Post by Topper »

Collingwood have more members and crowds than any sporting team in Australia.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Another classic display of the inferiority of RL

YOU are proud of the fact that the Titans, an established team in RL heartland, has slightly more members than an AFL expansion team in a foreign heartland which has yet to play a game.

It's hilarious!!!! :lol:
oh but Xman .... they're gunna be HUGE
the NRL isn't gunna know what hit them

their games V the swans are gunna be the biggest in australian sport
they're gunna do this
they're gunna do that

am I proud of the quiet , unasuming ... humble titans being slightly in front ...of this tsunami ... this hurricane .. this pack of loud mouthed up themselves arrogant f.ucksticks

yep :wink:
All I have heard people say about GWS, including AFL fans, is that it is a long term project with slow results expected in a very hard market.

oh
so I imagined all of the trash talk then did I ?

geez ... what a w@nker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Please show me where people have said anything like you just quoted about GWS!
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Please show me where people have said anything like you just quoted about GWS!

hmmm
heres one
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... public_rss

Fox Sports commentator Dermott Brereton has warned rugby league that Greater Western Sydney will win a premiership in five years and become the city's most popular team.

Speaking at the Jack Newton Classic, the Hawthorn legend turned commentator said the NRL had no idea "what is about to hit them" and said GWS would take over Western Sydney.

AFL: Summer Slog
Team-by-team: How is your club set for 2012? + 44
"The AFL is going to make sure that this thing works," he said. "They have the cash and I don't think anyone from Sydney understands what they are in for. Rugby league will be the loser."

Brereton says only Penrith general manager Phil Gould is aware of the threat the AFL poses and the rest of the rugby league community should be worried.

"Rugby leaguers don't really know what they're allowing to happen in their own backyard. It's an incredible sport, it's very catchy and they (the AFL) are going to pump so much into it. It'll be big.

"They've (rugby league) got to get more proactive."

While bullish about the Giants, Brereton says the young side will only win two matches in their debut season in 2012.

The Hawks champion also claimed Lance Franklin was the greatest athlete to have played AFL and could have also been a star in the NRL.

derpy baratone is a typical flogball w@nker .. your sport just seems to breed them doesn't it ?

heres another
... hell this one has its own pud pulling thread in here
In three years Giants will be massive, says Dipper
Daniel Lane
December 18, 2011.

''Everyone knows who he is,'' he said. ''I've heard there's 2 million people in the GWS area and they're all new to football, but someone said only a quarter of the population knew him - but that's 500,000 people!''

''The club is already in a strong position, there's a few thousand members, sponsors have jumped on board, but having Sheedy there, who is a mastermind, is a positive.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/in-t ... z1gq8OOA4u

& thats in the last 2 weeks
its relentless .. its boring ... its schlong stoking of the highest order .. led by Slim Shadey
maybe all these singletball sword swallowers should just sh.ut the Fark up .. cos its gunna be a trainwreck without any added pressure

randolph imadipshit & Derek barfaton aren't helping with these embarrasing statements

anything else I can help you with knucklehead ? :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

None of those claimed anything like the crap you quoted earlier.

Brereton said a number of things but the article just paraphrases the rest for headlines.

So Wrong,

Got anything else?
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.