AFL Presence - the raw numbers

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

AFL Presence - the raw numbers

Post by TLPG »

In order to back up Topper and silence Raider and Eel once and for all, I've gone over to Wikipedia to sort out this BS about footy not being played properly in other countries.

AFRICA
AFL South Africa is a league affiliated with the AFL. Three notable AFL players were born in Africa, two in SOuth Africa. Stephen Lawrence, who played 146 games for Hawthorn including the 1991 premiership side, and Damien Cupido, who played 53 games for Brisbane and Essendon as well as 72 games for South Adelaide and West Adelaide in the SANFL. Majak Daw, a rookie who is on North Melbourne's list, was born in Sudan.

I saw South Africa play in the match for third and fourth place in the 2008 International Cup, a match they won with a kick after the siren against Ireland. The majority of the South African team had dark skin - hardly Australian ex-pats. And the crowd that watched the game rivalled numbers at a local metropolitan game at around 200.

http://www.aflsouthafrica.org

NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA
The USAFL and AFL Canada are the two leagues affiliated with the AFL here.

The USAFL is the equal largest outside of Australia (NZAFL is the other) with four leagues within the country. Five exhibition matches have been played, the first in 1963 in San Francisco between Geelong and Melbourne. Three games were played in the late 1980's, two of which were played in Miami in 1988 (Collingwood v Geelong) and 1989 (Essendon v Hawthorn). The other game was in 1990 in Portland, Oregon between Melbourne and West Coast. The most recent game was played in Los Angeles in 2006 between North Melbourne and Sydney.

"By 2006, the league had grown to 40 affiliated clubs, making up 60 teams and 2,000 players"
http://www.aarfl.com/images/stories/usa ... report.pdf
Of the 709 players who competed at the USAFL National Championships, 77.4% were non-Australian, and over 60% were American.

http://www.usafl.com

AFL Canada is older than the USAFL, formed in 1989 as the Canadian Australian Football League compared to 1996 for the USAFL. Canada has also hosted five exhibition games, all in the late 80's with no less than three in 1987 all in Vancouver. Melbourne played two games against North Melbourne and Sydney with the latter game drawing 32,000 to BC Place - an international record. Collingwood and Hawthorn played the other game. Toronto hosted games in 1988 (Collingwood v Hawthorn) and 1989 (Essendon v Hawthorn). The 1989 game was played at the Toronto Skydome, a venue with striking similarities to Docklands Stadium with the retractable roof.

There are three leagues playing in Canada. I saw Canada play Nauru in the 2008 International Cup when they were beaten soundly for 5th place.

http://www.aflcanada.com

The other affiliated leagues are ARFL Ireland, Danish Australian Football League, AFL Britain, AFL Japan, Nauru Australian Football Association, New Zealand AFL, AFL PNG, AFL Samoa, Tonga Australian Football Association, AFL Germany and AFL Middle East. I'll detail these later if I have time. I will also provide the raw numbers AGAIN from Australia with a focus on New South Wales and Queensland. After all, I cover all of the leagues there on my website - as Topper already knows from viewing my website.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: AFL Presence - the raw numbers

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
In order to back up Topper and silence Raider and Eel once and for all, I've gone over to Wikipedia to sort out this BS about footy not being played properly in other countries.

AFRICA
AFL South Africa is a league affiliated with the AFL. Three notable AFL players were born in Africa, two in SOuth Africa. Stephen Lawrence, who played 146 games for Hawthorn including the 1991 premiership side, and Damien Cupido, who played 53 games for Brisbane and Essendon as well as 72 games for South Adelaide and West Adelaide in the SANFL. Majak Daw, a rookie who is on North Melbourne's list, was born in Sudan.

I saw South Africa play in the match for third and fourth place in the 2008 International Cup, a match they won with a kick after the siren against Ireland. The majority of the South African team had dark skin - hardly Australian ex-pats. And the crowd that watched the game rivalled numbers at a local metropolitan game at around 200.

NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA

The USAFL is the equal largest outside of Australia (NZAFL is the other) with four leagues within the country. Five exhibition matches have been played, the first in 1963 in San Francisco between Geelong and Melbourne. Three games were played in the late 1980's, two of which were played in Miami in 1988 (Collingwood v Geelong) and 1989 (Essendon v Hawthorn). The other game was in 1990 in Portland, Oregon between Melbourne and West Coast. The most recent game was played in Los Angeles in 2006 between North Melbourne and Sydney.

"By 2006, the league had grown to 40 affiliated clubs, making up 60 teams and 2,000 players"
Of the 709 players who competed at the USAFL National Championships, 77.4% were non-Australian, and over 60% were American.

AFL Canada is older than the USAFL, formed in 1989 as the Canadian Australian Football League compared to 1996 for the USAFL. Canada has also hosted five exhibition games, all in the late 80's with no less than three in 1987 all in Vancouver. Melbourne played two games against North Melbourne and Sydney with the latter game drawing 32,000 to BC Place - an international record. Collingwood and Hawthorn played the other game. Toronto hosted games in 1988 (Collingwood v Hawthorn) and 1989 (Essendon v Hawthorn). The 1989 game was played at the Toronto Skydome, a venue with striking similarities to Docklands Stadium with the retractable roof.

There are three leagues playing in Canada. I saw Canada play Nauru in the 2008 International Cup when they were beaten soundly for 5th place.

The other affiliated leagues are ARFL Ireland, Danish Australian Football League, AFL Britain, AFL Japan, Nauru Australian Football Association, New Zealand AFL, AFL PNG, AFL Samoa, Tonga Australian Football Association, AFL Germany and AFL Middle East. I'll detail these later if I have time. I will also provide the raw numbers AGAIN from Australia with a focus on New South Wales and Queensland. After all, I cover all of the leagues there on my website - as Topper already knows from viewing my website.
this is just embarrasing 8-[
it says the USAFL is " equal " to the largest league outside of Australia , that being the NZAFL
the NZAFL itself claims 536 players play AFL in NZ & has 6 clubs ...

yet this BS article says theirs 40 clubs & 2000 players clearly contradicting official information from the NZAFL
it seems to me its just a BSathon ... with these overseas leagues getting their smoke n mirror & spin lessons from the best there is .. the AFL itself

theres no proof that these are nothing but sh.its & giggles comps akin to kids comps here in Oz
they are not semi - professional at all
the Aust rules does not have one professional or semi professional player outside of Australia , & this garbage post proves nothing

nice try
but an utter fail............ :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

TLPG wrote:

AFRICA

NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA

Cheers TLPG. As always presenting the facts not spin. =D> =D> =D>
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
TLPG wrote:

AFRICA

NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA

Cheers TLPG. As always presenting the facts not spin. =D> =D> =D>
if there were any more spin .. one would get giddy :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

=D> :cheers: :lol:

Cheers TLPG on this hilarious comeback. I see you're in perfect form plucking facts and digits from your arse as per usual.

Having played AFL in Europe and currently researching the game in NZ I can tell you folk that Raiderdave is correct. It's a bunch of expats who are in it for a bit of fun and to knock a few other expats around in a different country. Nothing more.

TLPG, as the saviour of the fightclub, and the man who managed to overturn your reign of terror on these pages, I formally welcome you back to the ring :twisted:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood
Has thanked: 0

Post by AFL Warrior »

I doubt you have played AFL King-Liar as AFL requires skill and talent which is something you lack. Next thing you be trying to tell us you played AFL with the Natives and taught them everything about how to be skillful!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yep I played for a few seasons. Before this I played soccer, rugby and basketball and my skills and talent just transferred right across so smoothly. What about you 'Warrior'? I cant think of many skills and talents a buttplug would have but I guess there's one :lol:

xman wrote:
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

I think the only thing you ever played King-IdreamofbeinganNRLwhore was yourself. Your too stupid to handle a Sherrin!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

AFL Warrior wrote:
I think the only thing you ever played King-IdreamofbeinganNRLwhore was yourself. Your too stupid to handle a Sherrin!
plenty of AFL players are too

fumble.... bumble
miss

fall ova

& repeat ......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

No sir you're wrong again. I played in three different competitions including an international game held in Amsterdam. I represented Holland quite proudly and have been a fine example of how easy the transition from rugby league to aussie rules can be. :D

xman wrote:
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

So your a friggin Dutchman, no wonder your stupid King-Woodenshoe! Hows your brother Andrew Bolt going? Now I can see how your such an expert on the Natives!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

No you're wrong again. I'm not a dutchman nor an expert on any people but I do have skills and talent :D

Keep guessing 'Warrior', this is fun to watch you jump to stupid conclusion after stupid conclusion. Reminds me of playing 'Guess who' with a 2 year old. :lol: You starting to get the drift why I call you Neanderthal yet? :lol:

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
No sir you're wrong again. I played in three different competitions including an international game held in Amsterdam. I represented Holland quite proudly and have been a fine example of how easy the transition from rugby league to aussie rules can be. :D
oh well you can enlighten us E , tipsy that dalton destroying expeller of gasses tells us that overseas players of giggleball receive remuneration for their efforts
afterall he summises ... " people wouldn't play for nothing would they ?"

so what did you pocket ?... being a representative of the Dutch national team it must have been 30 or 40 thousand dollars
not enough to live on , but being semi -professional .... like every AFL player is in every AFL league abroad according to that f@rting clown tipsy ... what you'd expect to earn .. right ? :-k
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ah yes thanks for asking Raider. I received the occassional free beer after the game. Nothing more but that was the case for everyone and we were just in it for some fun.

xman wrote:
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

Yeah dream on King-Tulip, you did not play and was most probably high on drugs somewhere in Amsterdam....drugs bought with our taxes to support your bludging university lifestyle!