King-Eliagh Reporting from Auckland city

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

King-Eliagh Reporting from Auckland city

Post by King-Eliagh »

Kia ora folks! :wave:

It's King here reporting live from the Rydges harbour view hotel in Auckland city. I've arrived well and have been enjoying seeing the sights of the city and surrounds. My cousin showed me around yesterday, he lives right across the road from one of the biggest amateur rugby league clubs in NZ. It was a pretty park with several fields and nice surroundings and I must say it was very encouraging to see the lively activity of hundreds in the park training and enjoying their league. I've since seen a few other fields but no Aussie Rules fields. Can any of the AFL lads provide some info as to whether anyone plays or knows about the game here? I'm sure some of you AFL clan have suggested the code is pretty big here with juniors and local leagues, but in reality this doesnt seem to be the case... :?

On Friday, after presenting for a large audience at the conference I'm attending, I'll be heading north up to the bay of islands and Hokianga. I'll keep my eyes on the lookout and be sure to report back as soon as I can. :salute:

Until then E noho ra :wave:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: King-Eliagh Reporting from Auckland city

Post by AFL Warrior »

Good stay over there you unAustralian lovely person!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

No, I'll be back on Monday once my business and recreation here are done. Until then, I'll keep folk like you updated and educated on the situation of AFL vs NRL in NZ. Stay tuned and pay your taxes Australian 'Warrior' :)

xman wrote:
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

Who cares what those sheep breeders know of the AFL in NZ as there are not many people in that country now [-X . They are all over here in Australia bludging off us hard working taxpayers so they can get the dole, get drunk and commit crimes all the time. #-o Also why is the Natives of NZ all living in Australia? :-k You don't see our Natives moving to NZ as our Natives love Australia and the AFL. =D>
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

And the one trick pony neighs loud again.

Stay tuned to this thread folks, I'll be travelling north soon scouting for evidence of afl over here. I think we can also safely say that Auckland is another League heartland on the global map.

xman wrote:
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

And we in AFL land could not give a rats ass about Auckland...you get it King-ChoiceBroMan?
Topper
Coach
Coach
Team: AFL

Post by Topper »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auckland_AFL

It's likely they are not playing at present, and the posts have been taken down to make way for cricket as is usually the way. I note with some interest that this league was formed in 1974.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thanks TLPG. Ah but I think you're wrong with the goal posts. They run their comp for the massive season of september to early december and there's six teams here. No wonder I coudnt see any evidence in a city of a few million. Rugby LEague Heartland is Auckland. Do you think I should bother looking for posts up north Topper me boy?

xman wrote:
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

Perhaps I should thank TLPG also for providing the initial links to Wikipedia. A season is better than no season at all, especially as it has been functioning for over 30 years. Rather impressive for a minor sport wouldn't you say?
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

Jst focus on what your over there for King-Sheeplover, and that is to meet your future wife Mrs Bah Bah! :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Topper wrote:
Perhaps I should thank TLPG also for providing the initial links to Wikipedia. A season is better than no season at all, especially as it has been functioning for over 30 years. Rather impressive for a minor sport wouldn't you say?
Hmm I agree with the better than no season, it could be worse I guess. But as for impressive? No. I played in Amsterdam in a small league like this. As Raider knows, it was all expats who played and just for a bit of fun. Fun but nothing serious, not "impressive".

xman wrote:
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian ... etherlands

Seems to me like you chose one of the rare non-organised competitions, and one that was only created in 2003. A big difference between it and 1974.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

AFL in NZ, bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

Look at the link further up the page.