Lions Lose another 2 Million

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Lions Lose another 2 Million

Post by King-Eliagh »

borgidiom wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Well the old continuing boring line now is. The Eels get more television supporters than the swans. Is this true? I think it probably is just dont know where to look it up. And if it true is then the Eels are more popular than the swans simply because more people are watching them. There's no arguing this really.

As I've said numerous times before, aussie rules as a sport is much more suited to viewing live at the ground. It is simply too big for television. The televised games are basically the reason there are so many nicnames for aussie rules like aerial ping pong and 'like a bunch of seagulls fighting over a chip'. It looks increwdibly messy and is just not that enjoyable on the tele. LEague on the other hand? Well the tv ratings tell the picture there. 4 games over 3 million to AFL's 1.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=23528#
I disagree, there is a big difference between watching something on TV and going to the game and parting with your hard earned cash to support your club. A real fan will pay to watch his team, where as a TV "viewer" is most likely just someone who cant afford to do anything better. A great example of this is when State of Origin the supposedly highest league event in the world lost in TV ratings to Master Chef. There is no way to prove that those 450,000 people watching are parra fans let alone league fans. Most likely just bored poor people.
Dear god, its another Beaussie! Borgy you make massive assumptions here and provide a very narrow perspective of what is a "real fan". Firstly a "real fan" will pay to watch his team eh? Ahh what about those living in regional areas or interstate who do not have the time or money to travel? Secondly you suggest the majority of those watching on tv are "most likely bored people". Ahh helllooooo earth to borgy? I think its time you jump out of your little AFL spaceship, stop reading Beaussie's trumpeting and take a reality check. People tune in to watch the games because they support the team, code and enjoy the game. Your "bored" argument is one of the flimsiest flaccid and foolish I've seen in here at TF. And I've read a lot of AfL 'Warrior', TLPG and Toppers posts!

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Clearly you've hit a raw nerve with throwball fans by pointing out their lack of passion and commitment to their clubs borgidiom =D> :lol: =D>
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
borgidiom wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Well the old continuing boring line now is. The Eels get more television supporters than the swans. Is this true? I think it probably is just dont know where to look it up. And if it true is then the Eels are more popular than the swans simply because more people are watching them. There's no arguing this really.

As I've said numerous times before, aussie rules as a sport is much more suited to viewing live at the ground. It is simply too big for television. The televised games are basically the reason there are so many nicnames for aussie rules like aerial ping pong and 'like a bunch of seagulls fighting over a chip'. It looks increwdibly messy and is just not that enjoyable on the tele. LEague on the other hand? Well the tv ratings tell the picture there. 4 games over 3 million to AFL's 1.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=23528#
I disagree, there is a big difference between watching something on TV and going to the game and parting with your hard earned cash to support your club. A real fan will pay to watch his team, where as a TV "viewer" is most likely just someone who cant afford to do anything better. A great example of this is when State of Origin the supposedly highest league event in the world lost in TV ratings to Master Chef. There is no way to prove that those 450,000 people watching are parra fans let alone league fans. Most likely just bored poor people.
Dear god, its another Beaussie! Borgy you make massive assumptions here and provide a very narrow perspective of what is a "real fan". Firstly a "real fan" will pay to watch his team eh? Ahh what about those living in regional areas or interstate who do not have the time or money to travel? Secondly you suggest the majority of those watching on tv are "most likely bored people". Ahh helllooooo earth to borgy? I think its time you jump out of your little AFL spaceship, stop reading Beaussie's trumpeting and take a reality check. People tune in to watch the games because they support the team, code and enjoy the game. Your "bored" argument is one of the flimsiest flaccid and foolish I've seen in here at TF. And I've read a lot of AfL 'Warrior', TLPG and Toppers posts!

bored people ... who STILL .. prefer boredom to AFL

8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Clearly they don't dopey. How else do you explain the abysmal crowds in the NRL and even SoO. Embarrassing.
Topper
Coach
Coach
Team: AFL

Post by Topper »

RL is boring compared to AFL, Raiderdave. How many times do RL teams score more than 50 points? Rarely. How many times do AFL teams score below 50 points? Not very often. Case proven.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Clearly they don't dopey. How else do you explain the abysmal crowds in the NRL and even SoO. Embarrassing.

boringanass or whateva his name is said the 450K who watched NRL in Sydney on TV are probably bored people

so
if only 45K watch AFL in Sydney
then 405K bored sydneysiders .. would prefer boredom ...... to AFL

& who could blame em :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Topper wrote:
RL is boring compared to AFL, Raiderdave. How many times do RL teams score more than 50 points? Rarely. How many times do AFL teams score below 50 points? Not very often. Case proven.

unlike your game
our game has a bit more intensity then an U12's game of female netball

hence while yours is called giggleball

its a sh.its n giggles tickleathon fit for ladies recovering from a hysterectomy

ours is a sport played by men. :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Topper wrote:
Yep you're right, I guess that's why RL has spread to other countries while the mighty AFL is struggling to move up the hume highway because one is boring and the other is not.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Topper wrote:
Hi TLPG :D

Yes I've heard him use this pathetic little argument many a time. Sheesh the afl mob sure are having a shocker in this thread. First tv viewers watching rugby league are all bored and not fans of the code, and now its "AFL's better because they get more points" :lol:

Are we in kindergarten here? :lol:

Just woeful. Is sport all about getting lots of points now? So I guess several billion soccer fans worldwide are all "bored" too are they? There's things in sport called defense, strategy, skill, technique, athleticism, vision, speed, strength, agility, power, mental toughness, freakish incidents etc etc etc etc. All these are enjoyable to watch whether they are directly associated with "points" or not. Topper me laddie, give yourself an uppercut. Or even better make the statement again that "Rugby League is the biggest league in the world...It would be highly contentious to suggest that AFL is bigger than League" #-o :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood
Has thanked: 0

Post by AFL Warrior »

No AFL people are not having a shocking time in this thread King-Bullshitartist. Why don't you focus on reality that you are a luaghing stock of the AFL supporters as well as a sell out. You claim to follow AFL but continue to attack the code. YOU are a real loser, but that is to be expected considering you have never played a game and are just that bludging undergraduate university feral who bludges off us taxpayers! And I bet you do not even know any Native people but act like the expert on them!
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

AFL as big as RL world wide aye tipper?

Come back when the AFL can get 2 clubs outside Australia playing in front of 90,000 locals.

Dork!
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

What the fck is that pic fool? It certainly is not an NRL crowd!
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Derrr, you don't say flip.

It's a pic of a RL game in England played at the world famous Wembley stadium.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain

Post by AFL Warrior »

And it is NOT an NRL game you merkin!
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Did I say NRL or RL fuckstique?