Is Gordon Tallis for Real with RL in VIC?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Is Gordon Tallis for Real with RL in VIC?

Post by Beaussie »

The Age wrote:
Gorden Tallis aims to promote league and recruit for the code in Victoria, writes Stathi Paxinos from Barcaldine.

He was known as the raging bull for his relentless charges. With wildness etched into his features, it was a style that made him one of the best players of the past decade.

But Gorden Tallis, who retired last year after 13 seasons, now faces a new challenge running one of the NRL's development programs - and he seems to have lost none of his uncompromising style.

A couple of months into taking up a list of responsibilities at the NRL, particularly focusing on promoting the game among juniors while co-ordinating the Kids-to-Kangaroos program, Tallis said he would make the challenge of promoting rugby league in Victoria a priority.

The former Brisbane Broncos, Queensland and Australian captain has already taken aim at broadcaster Channel Nine for its lack of coverage of rugby league in Victoria, labelling it a major barrier to spreading the game in the Australian rules heartland.

Tallis, speaking at Barcaldine in central Queensland yesterday, where he was taking part in the NRL's annual regional promotion, said the NRL needed to be more aggressive in pushing its brand in Victoria, through the Melbourne Storm and its most marketable commodity, star full-back Billy Slater.

He could not understand Channel Nine not carrying Storm games live into Victoria - although the Storm's preliminary final loss to eventual premiers Canterbury Bulldogs was an exception last year - and why it relegated state-of-origin clashes between Queensland and NSW to a late night, delayed telecast. Channel Nine did not respond to calls yesterday.

"They could do a lot more. It's as simple as that. They could put their games on live," Tallis said.

"It could be on a Friday night. Why wouldn't they get the Friday night game live and give people a choice . . . put it on at a respectable time and see if people watch it."

"State-of-origin should be beamed in there live. That is one game that could be and it should be. I know you would watch it."

But, unlike many pundits, Tallis, who played Australian rules as a teenager for four years, has not written off Victoria as a rugby league wasteland.

He said league could still gain a foothold in the crowded market, especially with the possibility that rival code, rugby union, could have its impressive progress in the junior ranks stymied following the decision not to award a Super 14 franchise to Melbourne in 2006.

"The codes are very similar . . . if the (rugby union's) juniors fall over and the kids still want to play a rugby game, then there's rugby league down there for them . . . there is probably a window (of opportunity)," Tallis said.

"I'd like to see every kid have a go, Just one game and make up their own minds."

Tallis said rugby league's Victorian expansion could be proclaimed a success when Melbourne-born and bred talent started to appear in the Storm side.

"It's about getting juniors, If we get one extra team or one extra guy playing football in Melbourne every year, one of those is going to come through and be a star," Tallis said.

What a dumb shit this Tallis is. Fair dinkum Gordie you dumb fuck. Firstly Channel 9 Melbourne broadcasts the Friday night AFL games. Why would they put the Storm on live on a Friday night when they have AFL commitments on the same night. #-o

Tallis is now apparently a member of the NRL board. God help them with dopey fucks like this on board. A little reasearch might help you in the future Mr Tallis before you open your stupid pie hole again and make yourself look like a fool. :roll:

Oh and on a final note, why would Victorians be interested in watching NSW play QLD in RL SoO, a game they clearly do not appreciate?

Rugby league administration is a shambles.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

On the conrtrary beaussie ( and yes joints in bars are nice, especially with hotties) I think Gordies angle is quite refereshing. To me he speaks from the heart, and is totally ignorant of the money and hype that is currently eroding all of our football codes, I could give many examples but it would take pages.

This man is speaking from the heart which is very rare in all media these days. His vision is sound, he doesnt have the "research" ahem... behind it but so the fuuuck what, its about time sport starts listening to real people rather than the kerry packers and rupert murdochs out there... Its not their game!!!!! Refreshing is the word, i hope he keeps speaking his mind and i hope those head fuuucking honchos with hundred dollar bills stocked in their underwear to substitue for their helpless beings start listening in!!!!

Reality.. Good on you gordie nicely said i say!!

And beaussie get off your corporate bandwagon ways and see real footy life for a change! I thought better of you.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
On the conrtrary beaussie ( and yes joints in bars are nice, especially with hotties) I think Gordies angle is quite refereshing. To me he speaks from the heart, and is totally ignorant of the money and hype that is currently eroding all of our football codes, I could give many examples but it would take pages.
Yeah a News Ltd appointee to the NRL board. :roll:

Face facts, Gordie is nothing but a puppet for News Ltd.
King-Eliagh wrote:
This man is speaking from the heart which is very rare in all media these days. His vision is sound, he doesnt have the "research" ahem... behind it but so the fuuuck what, its about time sport starts listening to real people rather than the kerry packers and rupert murdochs out there.
His vision is sound hey? #-o

Lets have another look at what the dopey fuck said:
He could not understand Channel Nine not carrying Storm games live into Victoria - although the Storm's preliminary final loss to eventual premiers Canterbury Bulldogs was an exception last year - and why it relegated state-of-origin clashes between Queensland and NSW to a late night, delayed telecast. Channel Nine did not respond to calls yesterday.

"They could do a lot more. It's as simple as that. They could put their games on live," Tallis said.

"It could be on a Friday night. Why wouldn't they get the Friday night game live and give people a choice . . . put it on at a respectable time and see if people watch it."

What kind of a dope who sits on a football code board wouldn't know what a TV network broadcasts in a particular market? If he wasn't aware, which seems to be the case, wouldn't it have been wise of him to do a little research. No wonder rugby league is a shambles with people like him involved in running the show.

It seems judging by your comments that rugby league supporters are just as thick as their administration.

Oh and you didn't answer my question. Why would Victorians be interested in watching NSW v QLD in RL SoO as Gordie says? Clearly it is a game they have no interest in.
King-Eliagh wrote:
And beaussie get off your corporate bandwagon ways and see real footy life for a change! I thought better of you.
What, like actually going to the football and supporting my team, even travelling interstate to do just that? Tell me KE, how many rugby league games did you attend last year. :damnfunny: :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Yeah a News Ltd appointee to the NRL board. :roll:

Face facts, Gordie is nothing but a puppet for News Ltd.

King-Eliagh wrote:
This man is speaking from the heart which is very rare in all media these days. His vision is sound, he doesnt have the "research" ahem... behind it but so the fuuuck what, its about time sport starts listening to real people rather than the kerry packers and rupert murdochs out there.
His vision is sound hey? #-o

Lets have another look at what the dopey f*** said:

What kind of a dope who sits on a football code board wouldn't know what a TV network broadcasts in a particular market? If he wasn't aware, which seems to be the case, wouldn't it have been wise of him to do a little research. No wonder rugby league is a shambles with people like him involved in running the show.

It seems judging by your comments that rugby league supporters are just as thick as their administration.

Oh and you didn't answer my question. Why would Victorians be interested in watching NSW v QLD in RL SoO as Gordie says? Clearly it is a game they have no interest in.
King-Eliagh wrote:
What, like actually going to the football and supporting my team, even travelling interstate to do just that? Tell me KE, how many rugby league games did you attend last year. :damnfunny: :roll:
I believe his vision is still sound, it just needs to be built upon beaussie, your oneyedness is very apparent throughout your words in this thread. It is obvious he is not a "puppet" for news ltd as it is quite obvious the man is speaking his mind.

In his reference to putting on the football live I believe the journalist (and yourself obviously) have taken his words well and truly out of context. He is simply posing the question to put it on live on friday night which every other man and his donkey have been too afraid to take on. I believe he wants the option to be available, he never said anything about league taking afl's coverage time which is obviously the way you have construed it.

And to answer your question I would guess many many Victorians are intereste in watching the SOO.

Going to an afl match interstate doesnt mean you are not a corporate bandwagoner who has no respect for the tradition and heart of sport

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

You are clearly living in pixie land. Gordie has no mind. To many hard hits to the head. That's what rugby league does to ya. League players are brain dead at 30.

If Gordie is not a News Ltd puppet, why was it that he had to have News Ltd nominate and appoint him to the NRL board?

His idea of Friday night NRL on Channel 9 is ridiculous. Fair dinkum, wake up to yourself KE. Do you really think the people of Victoria want to watch the Storm rather than their AFL? #-o

The stupid fuck Tallis clearly has no idea. Once again for the dummies:
Dumb Fuck Tallis wrote:

"It could be on a Friday night. Why wouldn't they get the Friday night game live and give people a choice . . . put it on at a respectable time and see if people watch it.
As for your final statement, doesn't one have to have $$$ to be a corporate bandwagoner as you put it? :?

Oh and btw, why didn't you answer my previous question. How many rugby league games did you attend last year? Go on tell us all. :roll:

Nah, how about I answer it for you?

0 despite the fact you lived in Sydney and had NRL available every weekend of the season. You went to more AFL games than NRL games. :rofl:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Incorrect marge. I went to 1 :lol: . The state of origin. I have lost passion to support my team which is very sad indeed but after finding out what the head honchos at parramatta are doing and seeing their resulting poor form I chose not to bother making the effort to head out to a game.

Your question about gordie being a puppet for news ltd is turning into a farce quickly, you're making less sense than barry hall would after being knocked unconscious after attempting to tackle big gordie.

His idea of Friday night NRL on Channel 9 is ridiculous. Fair dinkum, wake up to yourself KE. Do you really think the people of Victoria want to watch the Storm rather than their AFL?

The stupid f*** Tallis clearly has no idea.
Dumb f*** Tallis wrote:

"It could be on a Friday night. Why wouldn't they get the Friday night game live and give people a choice . . . put it on at a respectable time and see if people watch it.

Bearthur I believe gordie is hoping to achieve more exposure of the game in this state in the hope that in turn it would create more interest. You yourself believe this to be the case with the NBL. You have obviously read this whole article with extra thick nerdy AFL goggles strapped to a noggin holding a very narrow, arrogant mind. :D

As for your final statement, doesn't one have to have $$$ to be a corporate bandwagoner as you put it?

Short answer: No. Long answer: You are making less sense than the primate i have locked in a cage in the basement called EG.

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

So firstly, who did nominate and then appoint Tallis to the NRL board? Wouldn't be News Ltd now would it? ](*,)

If Tallis was serious about hoping to achieve more exposure for RL in VIC don't you think it would have been wise of him to find out what the current situation is with Friday night football in Victoria. Perhaps he could have suggested another network take up the broadcasting of rugby league in VIC. That would have made him at least look like he knew what he was talking about.

As for your footy attendance last year, wow, one SoO game in an entire rugby league season in your own backyard. Gees you went all out to support league didn't you.

And finally, what is your definition of a corporate bandwagoner? Please don't sidestep these questions.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

No need to sidestep thes questions beaussie. I see your point with gordie researching a little more. However I still stick to you and the journalist taking him out of context to simply have a go at him. You are one of the worst at having a go at anything to do with league, you cant help yourself and personally I think you have a complex because you are living in a city dominated by it :lol: :lol: There there, there there :lol:

I dont know why you asked you first question? It seems you already know the answer :lol: In any case this point is totally invalid and you are only bringing it up in a vain attempt to impress because you know the answer. :lol: :lol: :cool:

About my footy attendance, firstly I have explained why I chose not to go to parra games last season and secondly I go to matches to watch a game and to enjoy it, I never go to a game with the notion of "supporting rugby league" in my mind. However I do see this is what i am doing by attending but it is definitely not in my conscious mind....that would be a bit neurotic dont you think? Isnt it the sport we go for?

In this instance my definition of a corporate bandwagoner is someone who backs the television companies while they destroy the fabric and traditions of sport. ie you.

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

So you're not a corporate bandwagoner, you're merely a plain and simple bandwagoner who only appears at Parramatta Stadium when the Eels are doing well. :roll:

You're a disgrace to your code and team.

Oh and Tallis is a fucking fruitcake no matter how you try and put a positive spin on what he said.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote:
Thanks Coach :damnfunny:

I think we have to get bigernie in here quick smart, someone's gunna be hospitalised soon!

Well you can think what you like about tallis as my first post indicates I reckon good on him! :wink:

I'll go to parra games when i see the club is healthy. At present there's a lot of bad spirit in that place.

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

No worries KE. I'm sure when things are "healthy" as you put it, you wont be alone on the Eels bandwagon. And they say Swans fans are the biggest bandwagon going. :roll:
BigErnie
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by BigErnie »

Beaussie wrote:
So you're not a corporate bandwagoner, you're merely a plain and simple bandwagoner who only appears at Parramatta Stadium when the Eels are doing well. :roll:

Oh and Tallis is a f****** fruitcake no matter how you try and put a positive spin on what he said.
Thanks for the call King, although I'm busy setting up wedding plans with Briony I'll do anything to help you and more importantly our friend beaussie who seems to be really losing touch with reality as the above quote clearly shows.

:-k :-k

In my professional opinion it seems beaussie is suffering from a rare condition called fanatical bigheaded sports fan nutter. I've been worried for some time now he would be subjected to this awful disease. Its a mental condition where a fan slowly but surely begins to believe he or she is bigger than the game, the players, the sponsors, and the television companies that run the game. The condition gradually takes over the affected persons life as they begin losing touch with reality, they walk the streets scanning for a reason to talk about the game, they go to sports bars for the sole reason of promoting their game, and saddest of all they lose the enjoyment and thrill of going to a game because they are there not to watch but to feel better about themselves. Its like a drug, their perception is warped as they constantly view the crowd and all other supporters who arent suffering from fanatical bigheaded sports fan nutter (FBSFN) as bandwagoners and lesser men/women than themselves.

:-k :-k

You will often see these people congregate and seperate and isolate themselves in cheersquads. I've been researching FBSFN for sometime now and as yet we have nothing that can alleviate the symptoms, although hypnotism has been said to have some positive effect, prevention is the best measure. It looks as though beaussie is in real trouble and I for one am very afraid as to his real intentions for creating this site. May God save his soul.

:-k

Beaussie if you can hear me and not the so called bandwagoner you probably see please consider hypnotherapy. I'm happy to put off the wedding plans for tonight and do it right now here at talkingfooty.com. What do you say? :)
Free psychoanalysis available to all.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yeah well said BigErnie. I kind of feel bad for calling him names and laughing at him lately now. I'm sorry beaussie and I too would like you to try hypno with BE, please mate, its for the best. [-o<

xman wrote:
BigErnie
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by BigErnie »

He's gone King. I pm'd him and at first he seemed to want to try. Then it all changed, this has to be one of the most severe cases I've ever seen. He left the pm conversation so I phoned him. This is what occurred.

BE: Hey you disconnected there, are there storms in your area tonight?

Beaussie: No, no storms, there's no afl on either.

A long silence

BE: Oookaaay, so where were we? Ah yes you were lying down in a peaceful place and thinking of a small creek in the wilderness, birds are chirping, the sun is bright

Beaussie cutting BE off: Shutup alright!!! You know nooooothing you know, stoopid bandwagoner, you know gorden tallis is a puppet for news ltd!! You know joey johns decided to think about union just to take away the chance for the afl to get on the back page of the telegraph that week. Was the same with fittlers last game! I'm sick of it you know. You're just like the rest of em, typical bandwagoner!!!! Goprden tallis indeed PFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTT....PFFFFFFFFFFT.......PPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT..........................PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

It was at this point I knew he was frothing at the mouth, I heard the phone drop and one more "You know nothing" before hearing the front door slam. I'm fearing for his safety and if anyone is going out in town in sydney tonight please dont approach this man. He'll more than likely have some sort of swans paraphernalia on, check jackets for logos, sox, beenies, he may approach in a friendly manner but he is very dangerous to himself and others in this state.

I'm sorry KE I couldnt help tonight but lets just cross our fingers and hope he gets home safely.
:|
Free psychoanalysis available to all.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Sure bandwagon supporters assist the finances of clubs, I don't however consider them real supporters though as they are only ever around or interested when times are good.

What kind of a supporter is that? No passion, no loyalty and no commitment. Disgraceful the lot of them. :evil: