AFL Clubs Don't Want to Share Subiaco

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

AFL Clubs Don't Want to Share Subiaco

Post by Beaussie »

It seems the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers are not so happy about the prospect of sharing Subiaco Oval with the new Perth Super 14 team:

SMH wrote:
AFL clubs unhappy at sharing Subiaco
February 16, 2005 - 6:25PM
http://smh.com.au/news/Breaking-News/AF ... 46922.html

Rugby WA chairman Geoff Stooke has expressed his disappointment over AFL clubs West Coast and Fremantle's reluctance to share Subiaco Oval with the new Perth Super 14 franchise next year.

The Perth team will play its first season at Subiaco Oval in 2006 while refurbishments are taking place at Members Equity Stadium, which will become its permanent home from 2007.

But a report in the West Australian newspaper said both the Eagles and Dockers didn't want the rugby club training and playing at Subiaco next season.

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisett was quoted as saying: "Why would we give a major competitor a free ride?"

But Stooke was quick to put the two AFL clubs back in their place, stating Rugby WA's negotiations over usage of the ground were with the Western Australian Football Commission, not Fremantle or West Coast.

"Our objective is to co-exist with the other codes, we believe there's room for all of us," he said.

"As far as Subiaco Oval goes, the ground managers are the Football Commission, not the two AFL clubs, so we'll be doing our negotiation with them.

"I'm not sure the Western Australian community would be all that happy if for some reason our life was made more difficult by a move like that.

"We'll continue to negotiate with the Football Commission, they've been very co-operative.

"It's income for them and I don't imagine they'd be turning their nose up to securing income from rugby."

The as-yet unnamed team will play between six and seven home games at Subiaco Oval next year.

Stooke said SANZAR, the governing body of South African, New Zealand and Australian rugby, would schedule the fixtures to ensure they didn't clash with AFL games.

One match a week is held at Subiaco Oval during the season, with co-tenants West Coast and Fremantle alternating their home-and-away fixtures.

Stooke, who admitted he was "surprised and a little bit disappointed" at the stance taken by the AFL clubs, added scheduling training sessions could be more of a problem but no worse than that faced by other Super 12 states.

"SANZAR has advised us that they can schedule the fixturing for the Super 14 matches to fit in with the AFL program," Stooke said.

"They'll only ever have one AFL game here per week so if it's a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, we could play on alternative days.

"We have six fixtures a year, or seven depending on the draw. I don't believe, given the size of the facility and the fact that it needs to get a return, that that would be an issue.

"Training may be an issue but that's not something the Super 12 teams aren't used to."
Rugga cactus slapper
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by Rugga cactus slapper »

You will share or you will be ousted, we are taking over, everyone knows it, why can't AFL and mungo's realise this?

We have NAZI'S on our side, you cannot win :D
I love a hard prickly cactus, smack me baby, you piss in my sock and i'll piss in yours.
Rugby Union is full of FREAKS.

The game is crap.

RUGBY LEAGUE IS THE GREATEST GAME

TGG
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

You do realise who owns Subiaco Oval and what codes puts the most funds into that body don't you?
Rugga cactus slapper
Team:

It doesn't matter who owns what, we are superior people and as such we will take what ever we deem we need.

Just look at what we done to those mungo's in France :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DIE MUNGO"S DIE :twisted:

Same goe's for that Gay f l game, vic version of the mungo game :lol:
I love a hard prickly cactus, smack me baby, you piss in my sock and i'll piss in yours.

The game is crap.

TGG
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Rugga cactus slapper wrote:
It doesn't matter who owns what, we are superior people and as such we will take what ever we deem we need.
Didn't work in Melbourne now did it. Your administration shit themselves at the prospect of taking on the number 1 footy code in Australia. I guess they learnt from the NRL's mistake with the Melbourne Storm.
Rugga cactus slapper
Team:

Open your eyes BA, 1st we take Perth then we take Melbourne, Don't worry, we will let you play AFL still, but only IN a state league, the big time is for us rugga people.

The game is crap.

TGG
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Open your eyes BA, 1st we take Perth then we take Melbourne, Don't worry, we will let you play AFL still, but only IN a state league, the big time is for us rugga people.
Hahahaha, rugby is already going to struggle in Perth against 2 established AFL teams, the prospect of rugby taking over in Melboure is lurdicrous. #-o
Rugga cactus slapper
Team:

Beaussie wrote:
Hahahaha, rugby is already going to struggle in Perth against 2 established AFL teams, the prospect of rugby taking over in Melboure is lurdicrous. #-o
I know what you mean, i actually HATE rugby u***n.

It's so easy to act like 1 of those c***s it's not funny, there all the same.

DIE UNION DIE (from the bottom of my heart)

The game is crap.

TGG
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

WTF, so who are you? A league, union supporter or what?
Rugga cactus slapper
Team:

Beaussie wrote:
WTF, so who are you? A league, union supporter or what?
Well i aint no cactus fucker thats forsure, and i don't like tight fitting shorts.

The game is crap.

TGG