Rugby Union More Popular than Rugby League

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Rugby Union More Popular than Rugby League

Post by Beaussie »

Using the logic of Rugby League fans and their media, if you include New Zealand and Australia it's abundantly clear that Union rules supreme over League. The Rugby World Cup tv ratings are going to massive. Massive I tell ya when compared with Rugby League.

BTW, is there any place in the world where Rugby League is number one? Certainly not Australia, New Zealand, France, South Africa or England. Tonga perhaps, nah Union rules supreme there too. :(/ :(/ :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Its undoubtably number one in Papua New Guinea Beaussie. I'd have to say on the contrary that there is no country where AFL is undispted number 1 :lol:

And please dont say here in Australia. You're very own website and your own bickering and bantering suggests there is MUCH contention over which sport is number one here in Australia :wink:

Now to the topic I dont know how you can really compare the RU worldcup with the regular RL home and away season. That's plain foolish. Perhaps the super 12's or 14's or whatever its up to is a better indicator??? In any case i think you are completely lost as to why RL supporters in here are think NZ reflects the NRL's audience and support. Ahhh a team called Auckland is in the comp :idea:

If the AFL had a NZ team you would do the same Beaussie. Comon mate, you're running around like a headless turkey clutching at cow turd today. Pick up your game Beaussie! Perhaps its time you admit RL is a strong code? :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Its undoubtably number one in Papua New Guinea Beaussie. I'd have to say on the contrary that there is no country where AFL is undispted number 1 :lol:

And please dont say here in Australia. You're very own website and your own bickering and bantering suggests there is MUCH contention over which sport is number one here in Australia :wink:

Now to the topic I dont know how you can really compare the RU worldcup with the regular RL home and away season. That's plain foolish. Perhaps the super 12's or 14's or whatever its up to is a better indicator??? In any case i think you are completely lost as to why RL supporters in here are think NZ reflects the NRL's audience and support. Ahhh a team called Auckland is in the comp :idea:

If the AFL had a NZ team you would do the same Beaussie. Comon mate, you're running around like a headless turkey clutching at cow turd today. Pick up your game Beaussie! Perhaps its time you admit RL is a strong code? :lol:
beaussie been battered from pillar to post today by moi E

& this is him chucking a tanty & putting this rubbish up as a topic is some sort of immature attempt to " get back " at me
its hilarious

he is struggling to come to terms with the fact that Rugby League is the most popular sport

arguably in Australia
undisputed in Australasia
undisputed in the South West Pacific

its a hard pill to swallow ..... but swallow .. he must :wink:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Raiderdave wrote:
its a hard pill to swallow ..... but swallow .. he must :wink:
:lol: Yes he must. But he is stubborn this Beaussie. I dont know what it is but somewhere in between the ages of 8-18 this chap developed a severe affliction towards the game of RL and took on AFL. He used to support RL so I dont know what RL ever did to him but he simply can no longer comprehend it is superb sport which is followed by countless millions in Australia and worldwide.

Perhaps a pill will not be enough Raider. I think we need to take it back a few decades and prescribe some shock therapy?

xman wrote:
borgidiom
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by borgidiom »

Rugby league the number 1 sport of Papua New Guinea! Go team!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

AFL the number one sport of... ... ... (insert cricket chirping)

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey stupid, the ABS says the AFL is the Number One sport of Australia.

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf ... May%202009
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey stupid, the ABS says the AFL is the Number One sport of Australia.

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf ... May%202009
hey stupid , they said that in early 2009
last time I looked
its now late 2011 :roll:

they'd say something quite different now
Rugby League ... is the undisputed king :wink:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

borgidiom wrote:
Rugby league the number 1 sport of Papua New Guinea! Go team!
yep
thats 1 for us

1 more then flogball :wink:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Firstly Raider the research was conducted in 05 and 06 so we're looking at 6 almost 7 years back :)

Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey stupid, the ABS says the AFL is the Number One sport of Australia.http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf ... May%202009

Ahhh Beaussie I dont see anywhere the ABS says or indicates this?

I also dont think you could point me to it. Soccer is stated as the number one sport for participation in Australia for players aged 15 and over.

AFL number one sport for attendance.

What these stats dont count in is tv ratings. Which is a third clear indicator of support for a code.

Please Beaussie stop trying to mislead the members who have joined your site. Especially those new ones who arent aware of your trickery, deception and lies. It's not fair on them, the new ones, to come in all rosey cheeked and view you consistently acting like a headless turkey in an afl guernsey defecating all over your own site.

They deserve better :|

xman wrote:
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood
Has thanked: 0

Post by AFL Warrior »

I would not put much faith in the PNG ratings, they will slowly dwindle in viewer numbers as PNG is cannibal country :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

AFL Warrior wrote:
I would not put much faith in the PNG ratings, they will slowly dwindle in viewer numbers as PNG is cannibal country :(/
=D> Hahahaha hahaha haha ohhh bravo bravo ahhh ha..ha..ha....ahem...haha..8-[ ahem

I get it! It's another extremely funny comment from the dumb bogan child.

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Firstly Raider the research was conducted in 05 and 06 so we're looking at 6 almost 7 years back :)

Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey stupid, the ABS says the AFL is the Number One sport of Australia.http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf ... May%202009

You clearly didn't read the report and still have your rose coloured glasses on believing the spin of throwball fans over facts. Delusional comes to mind.
King-Eliagh wrote:
I also dont think you could point me to it. Soccer is stated as the number one sport for participation in Australia for players aged 15 and over.

What these stats dont count in is tv ratings. Which is a third clear indicator of support for a code.

So how about on top of attendances, we look at sponsorship and how about membership numbers? Oh and what about tv deals? Market leader is you guessed it... the AFL and you know it.

Wake up to yourself dopey. ](*,)
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Beaussie wrote:

You clearly didn't read the report and still have your rose coloured glasses on believing the spin of throwball fans over facts. Delusional comes to mind.
King-Eliagh wrote:

So how about on top of attendances, we look at sponsorship and how about membership numbers? Oh and what about tv deals? Market leader is you guessed it... the AFL and you know it.

Wake up to yourself dopey. ](*,)
not for long .... not for long :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Even you confess on other forums the AFL is the market leader and dominates the NRL on all key indicators. Wake up to yourself dopey. #-o