Lopsided comp.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yeah I dont agree with Beaussie that the popularity gap is growing bigger. He's confused me once before with this sort of mumbo jumbo, making me look it up and finding out he had deceived me was very disappointing.

Raider on the other hand has provided facts that the AFL's support in both crowds and tv audiences is dropping.

Thanks Raiderdave! For your honesty and research. A credit to the site :wink: What you think Beaussie? :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Truthsayer
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Truthsayer »

Mr Eliagh, may I suggest that you refer yourself to the list of ratings on this website? It speaks for itself as it shows that Mr Raider is far from a credit to this site. The AFL is winning the ratings war and there is no evidence of a drop.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Lopsided comp.

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
pussycat wrote:
I cant believe how lopsided your competition is :roll:
Are you for real? Seriously, are you suggesting bookies odds determine how lopsided an entire competition is. FFS, wake up to yourself. The two games I watched this weekend were cracking games with last night amazing game between Essendon and Sydney and another cracking game today between Hawthorn and North Melbourne. You're an idiot pussycat.
No results do.. & bookies set odds according to them :roll:
Hilarious coming from a fan of a corrupt game that has bookies determining the results with the players complicit. Disgraceful.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Truthsayer wrote:
Mr Eliagh, may I suggest that you refer yourself to the list of ratings on this website? It speaks for itself as it shows that Mr Raider is far from a credit to this site. The AFL is winning the ratings war and there is no evidence of a drop.
Truthsayer, you and I both know they don't like looking at the facts like the tv ratings. Destroys the illusions they have of throwball actually being popular nationwide.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I've looked em up before and Raider is right, Beaussie wrong. They do indicate a drop in ratings for the AFL. And I was so pissed when I did this because beaussie had me half convinced he was right. He goaded me to check the figures so I really thought he was right...but I checked to see because Raider also sounded right. And it really annoyed me as I spent a good 15 mins doing the stats when if Beaussie hadnt lied I wouldnt have had to go through with it.

Shame shame shame Beaussie!

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I've looked em up before and Raider is right, Beaussie wrong. They do indicate a drop in ratings for the AFL. And I was so pissed when I did this because beaussie had me half convinced he was right. He goaded me to check the figures so I really thought he was right...but I checked to see because Raider also sounded right. And it really annoyed me as I spent a good 15 mins doing the stats when if Beaussie hadnt lied I wouldnt have had to go through with it.

not only is it a drop where Ratings are concerned E
it is a massive drop

30% from 2006 til the end of 2010
& a further drop in 2011 ... from 2010

this site provides ratings for the last 3 n a bit years in the metro figures
(2008 to 2011)
anyone can check them & see what I am saying is not a guess
but pure .. hard .. fact

appallingly lop sided comp thats getting worse is probably one of the main reasons
that & the fact it is a code that is most certainly on the nose outside Victoria.. although ratings are dropping even in Melbourne .. & has lost its lustre & appeal

:wink:
Truthsayer

Post by Truthsayer »

King-Eliagh wrote:

If you did examine the figures do please detail to us what you believe you found including the mathematical calculations that make up your conclusion.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Truthsayer wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

If you did examine the figures do please detail to us what you believe you found including the mathematical calculations that make up your conclusion.
if you dispute AFL TV ratings are tumbling ... then how bout you do the same
easy to disprove you know .. me thinks you won't though .. cos you know we're right & you .. are not :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I note from a quick look that this season the NRL tv ratings are down on last season and unlike the AFL, have never once this season broke the 3 million viewer mark. NRL tv ratings are in freefall. Not a good sign prior to tv rights negotiations.

http://www.talkingfooty.com/tv_ratings_2011.php
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie we are talking about whether the AFL ratings are in decline lets not switch the focus just yet.

Truthslayer I've provided these facts before and know it to be true. I'm not doing it again because last time people like beaussie and onions simply didnt respond or changed the topic. Being ignored after I did the work was annoying. You look them up, do the calculations and please come back and report the truth about the decline in numbers.

Thankyou.

xman wrote:
Truthsayer

Post by Truthsayer »

You are the individual who has made the claims. I have no intention of doing your work for you. If you are determined to prove your point then the onus is on you to provide, unless of course you are too lazy to provide evidence of your claims. In which case you are inherently a liar.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
I note from a quick look that this season the NRL tv ratings are down on last season and unlike the AFL, have never once this season broke the 3 million viewer mark. NRL tv ratings are in freefall. Not a good sign prior to tv rights negotiations.

http://www.talkingfooty.com/tv_ratings_2011.php
ummm ... add the regionals & we've hit the 4 million mark almost every week :thumbleft:

& thats with one less game on FTA then the AFL
we're pooping all ova you lot

like pidgeons with the runs :wink:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Truthsayer wrote:
You are the individual who has made the claims. I have no intention of doing your work for you. If you are determined to prove your point then the onus is on you to provide, unless of course you are too lazy to provide evidence of your claims. In which case you are inherently a liar.
I've proven it before and as usual the AFL jokers were blind to it/ignored it and switched the topic. Sorry I've learnt there's no point bringing hard facts in to educate one eyed bogans. It's better to show them the truth in other ways :wink:

Did I say I've been doin it since 2004? :cool:

xman wrote:
Truthsayer

Post by Truthsayer »

You are not a man of conviction. It is disappointing to read that you have lacked conviction since 2004.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

You are as pathetic as a man on all fours licking a gorillas nuts. Conviction you say? Really TLPG take off your costume you phony, nothing you say in that pathetic disguise is credible.

xman wrote: