Which code is bigger in Australia - Soccer or Rugby Union?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Corrupt or not, FIFA did not analyse whether soccer is "bigger" than rugby in this country. Poor argument TLPG. Get it back on track or, like previous err's on your part, I will ask Beaussie to remove it :lol:

:twisted:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Secondly our local league is not a strong indicator of support for the sport. The amount of people following European leagues in australia however is huge, obviously much higher than our local amateur rugby leagues here.
The tv ratings for SBS and Foxtel broadcasting Soccer matches from overseas would suggest otherwise.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
Wouldn't have made the slightest difference, KE, and besides it was the VOTING that was ALLEGEDLY corrupt - not the bidding process!
The McKinsey Report advised that our support of soccer in this country was not up to world standard's. If it was - we would have got the World Cup. That was my point. It stands to reason as a valid argument on topic.

If we went just on elite level, RU would kick soccer's rear end!
And what do the delegates VOTE on ....
thats right

THE BID

geez louise
another .... the point & tplg in different post codes ... moment :wink:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

While the point and you are in different countries.

If you don't want to understand, that's up to you.

And I removed your other post because you slandered FIFA. Next time, the word "alleged" would be useful to you in relation to this matter.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:

And I removed your other post because you slandered FIFA. Next time, the word "alleged" would be useful to you in relation to this matter.
TLPG, do you think this site is part of official press? Do you really think we are part and parcel of these type of regulations? Or do you feel this forum should encourage freedom of speech? What do you think about Rupert Murdoch of late? These are the very principles I challenge you on and if you delete this then you, sir, are simply inadequate to reply.

Now, to get back on topic, Beaussie could you please supply these tv ratings you suggested that negate my argument that soccer is highly supported?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Just quickly to answer KE, no criminal charges have been laid personally against Murdoch. Further, all of the Internet can be considered part of official press simply because it is subject to defamation law. Freedom of speech includes responsibility.

On topic, check out the ratings page here for an answer to your query to Beau.

Edit - Removed intentional extreme personal attack on a moderator (me) by Raider.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST