Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:27 pm
You're shocking at explaining things.
pussycat wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:13 pm
when shown with one of the extra FTA matches that AFL usually have of a Saturday and a Sunday it makes the ratings higher.
what extra FTA game? Each city only gets 3.5-4 FTA games per round. If they have 3 FTA games in a round each city only get one FN, SN and Su FTA game. If the round includes 4 FTA games it will be a Thursday or Saturday arvo. So what extra FTA game? The end result is still 80-90 FTA games per year.
So not only do the AFL generate more ratings by splitting there matches and showing 4 local teams not just 2
Yes splitting games to multiple markets adds ratings, but only for Adelaide and Perth. Melbourne do not get targeting, just like the NRL in Sydney. HOWEVER, the NRL wouldnt get a meaningful advantage if they split games anyway because 1. the Broncos are already on FTA for most rounds, and 2. The Titans, Knights, Raiders and Cowboys show no increase in ratings in their local areas when they are on FTA. Look at the ratings this season. When the Titans played on FTA the Brisbane ratings were still around 130k, the same for any non-QLD club. When the Cowboys played the regional ratings were no higher than when any other club played.
But they also boost there PTV ratings with extra FTA coverage
can you give examples? I have no idea what you mean. How does 'extra FTA coverage' change ptv ratings?
You're shocking at understanding things!!!!!!

Pussy makes absolute sense. The point is when you have simulcasts i.e. FTA & PTA the ratings will be higher than if you only had PTA. It's a proven incontrovertible fact.

You appear to have missed the point entirely pal. Which you of course do on a daily basis.

Enjoy!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:44 am
when shown with one of the extra FTA matches that AFL usually have of a Saturday and a Sunday it makes the ratings higher.
what extra FTA game? Each city only gets 3.5-4 FTA games per round. If they have 3 FTA games in a round each city only get one FN, SN and Su FTA game. If the round includes 4 FTA games it will be a Thursday or Saturday arvo. So what extra FTA game? The end result is still 80-90 FTA games per year.
So not only do the AFL generate more ratings by splitting there matches and showing 4 local teams not just 2
Yes splitting games to multiple markets adds ratings, but only for Adelaide and Perth. Melbourne do not get targeting, just like the NRL in Sydney. HOWEVER, the NRL wouldnt get a meaningful advantage if they split games anyway because 1. the Broncos are already on FTA for most rounds, and 2. The Titans, Knights, Raiders and Cowboys show no increase in ratings in their local areas when they are on FTA. Look at the ratings this season. When the Titans played on FTA the Brisbane ratings were still around 130k, the same for any non-QLD club. When the Cowboys played the regional ratings were no higher than when any other club played.
But they also boost there PTV ratings with extra FTA coverage
can you give examples? I have no idea what you mean. How does 'extra FTA coverage' change ptv ratings?

Pussy makes absolute sense. The point is when you have simulcasts i.e. FTA & PTA the ratings will be higher than if you only had PTA. It's a proven incontrovertible fact.

You appear to have missed the point entirely pal. Which you of course do on a daily basis.

Enjoy!!!!!!!
Terry, you've made it perfectly clear you dont care about any factors or points at all, only the cumulative total. So what's the point in discussing this topic with you in any way?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol deflection .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:13 pm
Lol deflection .
Im happy to discuss the issue but when i spend time on a reply and terry replies i dont care then its not worth my time.

Ive asked pussy for clarification and im awaiting his reply
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:54 am

Enjoy!!!!!!!
Terry, you've made it perfectly clear you dont care about any factors or points at all, only the cumulative total. So what's the point in discussing this topic with you in any way?
Wrong again pal!!!!! I take all factors into account then come to a reasoned, sensible position. You repeat the same rubbish over and over and over again. You know.......repetitive argument syndrome.

So, if you come up with anything new let me know and I will discuss away.

Hi ho silver!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:02 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:54 am

Enjoy!!!!!!!
Wrong again pal!!!!! I take all factors into account then come to a reasoned, sensible position. You repeat the same rubbish over and over and over again. You know.......repetitive argument syndrome.

So, if you come up with anything new let me know and I will discuss away.

Hi ho silver!!!!!
Hogwash. You dont want to engage. When you have in the past and it gets too much for you we get "I dont care". In fact I'm still waiting for your example of cumulative ratings compared for other programs....

So in future dont but in to a discussion you're not willing to participate in

Have an awesome day....
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

You'll have to trawl back pal and look. I've done it repeatedly. I refuse to do it for the 5436th time.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:50 pm
You'll have to trawl back pal and look. I've done it repeatedly. I refuse to do it for the 5436th time.
even your first time was bollocks. Rty again because you've prove nothing
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

20 THURSDAY NIGHT NRL LIVE Nine 328,000 215,000 0 114,000 0 0

The NRL came last in the top 20 ratings last night despite no competing sport.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:45 am

Yes they did, but they will come first on Wednesday night and quiet possibly for the entire year . But, But, But the dim sims on the slow boat to China :blahblah: :blahblah: .
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:29 pm
767!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:24 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:29 pm
767!
I make it 777k
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:28 am
NlolRL wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:45 am

Yes they did, but they will come first on Wednesday night and quiet possibly for the entire year . But, But, But the dim sims on the slow boat to China :blahblah: :blahblah: .
Shame the AFL isnt on the same night, you might get a victory
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

it is hard to justify Titans ratings in the current form>> i believe they can rate alot higher with success..

they manage to get 135k in FTA with a bad record.. with 2 finals appearances in 13 years ...
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:22 pm
it is hard to justify Titans ratings in the current form>> i believe they can rate alot higher with success..

they manage to get 135k in FTA with a bad record.. with 2 finals appearances in 13 years ...
freo have been shit forever yet still rate ok in Perth