Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 121 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:15 am
NlolRL wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:33 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:37 pm

nowhere near the dramatic drop in NSW/ACT & QLD regional areas ... not even close in fact ... 500K to 200K in around 12 years
a drop of 60 odd approx % :shock:
Roy Masters said the sale of WIN would impact NRL ratings hugely
he was dead right
wookie's data showed a decrease in regionals from 390k to 215k, not 500 to 200 :wave:

Your metros in Sydney have plummeted from around 500k to 250k in the same time

Any other excuse? :(/

Oh and the AFL won easily last night despite the game being over before half time
390 to 215 was 2014 to 2020
I have no doubt they would have been at 500 6 years earlier then that in 2008

as for the afl winning easily on sat night
cough * lockdown* cough

oh and
RL is as popular in regional NSW/ACT & QLD as kick n giggle is in regional Vic , SA TAS & WA .. yet we won the regional ratings for both finals by only about 50K each final , yet have 3 million more potential viewers. 8-[
Our regional finals viewers only increased by about 20 to 25% , the AFL's nearly double :hmm:

dddddooooddggggeeeyyyyyyy :/;

plus
we're getting zip out of QLD :cool:
you may not be getting anything out of Qld but that's the NRL's fault for having 1 club in a city over 2 mil people. It also shows that Bris arent that into the NRL if the broncos arent involved which is an indication of popularity in itself.

Again you ignore the large drop in metro ratings for the NRL which corresponds with the regional ratings drop. If you question the regional ratings then you also should question the metro ratings.

Furthermore, your comments about popularity of NRL in NSW/QLD is pure speculation. I can speculate too. AFL ratings in Melbourne are far higher than NRL in Sydney, and it make perfect sense that AFL ratings in Tas/VIC would follow a similar pattern. Then you need to understand that the AFL is more popular in NSW/QLD regionals than NRL in AFL states. The metros show this so why wouldnt the regional ratings?

baselinepanther
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Canberra Raiders
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by baselinepanther »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:20 am
NlolRL wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:33 pm wookie's data showed a decrease in regionals from 390k to 215k, not 500 to 200 :wave:

Your metros in Sydney have plummeted from around 500k to 250k in the same time

Any other excuse? :(/

Oh and the AFL won easily last night despite the game being over before half time

cough * lockdown* cough

oh and
RL is as popular in regional NSW/ACT & QLD as kick n giggle is in regional Vic , SA TAS & WA .. yet we won the regional ratings for both finals by only about 50K each final , yet have 3 million more potential viewers. 8-[
Our regional finals viewers only increased by about 20 to 25% , the AFL's nearly double :hmm:

plus
you may not be getting anything out of Qld but that's the NRL's fault for having 1 club in a city over 2 mil people. It also shows that Bris arent that into the NRL if the broncos arent involved which is an indication of popularity in itself.

Again you ignore the large drop in metro ratings for the NRL which corresponds with the regional ratings drop. If you question the regional ratings then you also should question the metro ratings.

Furthermore, your comments about popularity of NRL in NSW/QLD is pure speculation. I can speculate too. AFL ratings in Melbourne are far higher than NRL in Sydney, and it make perfect sense that AFL ratings in Tas/VIC would follow a similar pattern. Then you need to understand that the AFL is more popular in NSW/QLD regionals than NRL in AFL states. The metros show this so why wouldnt the regional ratings?

speculation ?
says the derpster who has never set foot outside the kick n miss bubble he lives in :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

apart from a narrow strip along the murray river in NSW , & expat sthners in QLD
hardly anyone watches AFL in the regional areas of these states , does that equate to more people watching AFL in these places then NRL in their states

yes it does
do these people watching AFL in regional NSW & QLD amount to a hill of beans
no they don't.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:14 am

cough * lockdown* cough

oh and

plus

speculation ?
says the derpster who has never set foot outside the kick n miss bubble he lives in :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

apart from a narrow strip along the murray river in NSW , & expat sthners in QLD
hardly anyone watches AFL in the regional areas of these states , does that equate to more people watching AFL in these places then NRL in their states

yes it does
no they don't.
your inner raiderdave comes out in every post :(/

AFL gets excellent ratings in regional WA, TAS and VIC. Then you add the ratings in regional NSW and QLD where AFL is far more popular than RL in AFL states, and you get 150-200k for AFL's regional ratings in prime time.

Thanks for telling me where I have and havent travelled too :rofl:

pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:41 am

speculation ?

yes it does
no they don't.

AFL gets excellent ratings in regional WA, TAS and VIC. Then you add the ratings in regional NSW and QLD where AFL is far more popular than RL in AFL states, and you get 150-200k for AFL's regional ratings in prime time.

The Storm as well as being the most popular on PTV - of either code - got 96k in a FTA club game earlier this year. Any of your 'more popular' expansion clubs do anythig similar to that :hmm: anything remotely similar??? No one dislikes
AFL more than regional viewers in these states!

Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:02 am

speculation ?

yes it does
no they don't.

The Storm as well as being the most popular on PTV - of either code - got 96k in a FTA club game earlier this year. Any of your 'more popular' expansion clubs do anythig similar to that :hmm: anything remotely similar??? No one dislikes
Well given AFL is shown on 7mate and not 7 this would make a difference. The evidence is there every weekend, the AFL rates higher in Sydney and Brisbane than NRL in AFL states. In fact sometime the AFL in Brisbane alone outrates NRL in all AFL states

pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:42 pm
pussycat wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:02 am

Well given AFL is shown on 7mate and not 7 this would make a difference. The evidence is there every weekend, the AFL rates higher in Sydney and Brisbane than NRL in AFL states. In fact sometime the AFL in Brisbane alone outrates NRL in all AFL states
I'm pretty sure that hapend just once. And that game was in a final when there was no Qld RL team playing. As for the storm, Most of there viewers would seem to be watching on PTV , One the reason there the top Ptv team. When shown on FTA they spend the majority of there time on 9 gem.

Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

We've been discussing metro and regional FTA ratings

baselinepanther
Rookie
Rookie

speculation ?

hardly anyone watches AFL in the regional areas of these states , does that equate to more people watching AFL in these places then NRL in the AFL states

yes it does
no they don't.

can someone tell me who the hell this raiderdave bloke is please lol :hmm:

the afl has got ratings in the finals that are all but on par with the NRL's in the regionals despite half the potential audience & league being every bit as popular ... & we had 2 regional teams in the finals

& 10 years ago

they got half the ratings . hmmmmmmm
seems their ratings haven't suffered at all.. :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :^o :^o :^o

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:49 pm can someone tell me who the hell this raiderdave bloke is please lol :hmm:

the afl has got ratings in the finals that are all but on par with the NRL's in the regionals despite half the potential audience & league being every bit as popular ... & we had 2 regional teams in the finals

& 10 years ago

Look Dave, 10 years ago we were rarely told the full AFL regionals except for the grand final. Guess what, the AFL's GF regionals were almost on par with the NRL's :rofl:

Again, your metro ratings have dropped at a similar amount to your regional ratings

baselinepanther
Rookie
Rookie

NlolRL wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:17 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:49 pm can someone tell me who the hell this raiderdave bloke is please lol :hmm:

& 10 years ago

Look Dave, 10 years ago we were rarely told the full AFL regionals except for the grand final. Guess what, the AFL's GF regionals were almost on par with the NRL's :rofl:

Again, your metro ratings have dropped at a similar amount to your regional ratings
theyre on par because ours arent calculated properly now with gem not having the reach
we have double the regional viewers the afl has
we always have
roy masters said our figures would be disadvantaged hugely by the sale of WIN tv

he was right , dead right

oh &
whos dave :-k

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:51 pm

& 10 years ago

theyre on par because ours arent calculated properly now with gem not having the reach
we always have
roy masters said our figures would be disadvantaged hugely by the sale of WIN tv

oh &
Can you show me where Roy Masters said the NRL's regional ratings would incorrectly drop by half because of the sale of WIN TV?

Thanks Dave

baselinepanther
Rookie
Rookie

NlolRL wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:09 pm

we always have

oh &
Can you show me where Roy Masters said the NRL's regional ratings would incorrectly drop by half because of the sale of WIN TV?

Thanks Dave
ill find the article

baselinepanther
Rookie
Rookie

who the F is dave ??

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by Fred »

& 10 years ago

we always have

oh &

As an estimate to the population , in this case regional areas, would it matter re: reach if they were using the N (number) as total population? Of course if N is lower based on “reach” rather than total regional population you may have a point.

Veni, vidi, vici
baselinepanther
Rookie
Rookie

Fred wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:06 pm

we always have

oh &

As an estimate to the population , in this case regional areas, would it matter re: reach if they were using the N (number) as total population? Of course if N is lower based on “reach” rather than total regional population you may have a point.
it is