Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The Last few rounds of AFL have been alot closer and better quality...

will it hang around.....
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:19 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:53 pm
The nrl games you are trying to include are not accessible for 75% of the population as opposed to the 100% for AFl

Oh dear.
irrelevant. This argument is about when matches are scheduled and why. The NRL schedule a 6pm Friday game on Fox for ratings irrespective of the fact it's only available for fox subscribers.
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:01 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:45 pm

BS Prime time is a time of day where ratings are maximised. The medium used isnt the point. Foxtel want their games to be shown when the maximum of their audience can watch it. Why do you think they put game of thrones and other premium content on in prime time hours? For shits and giggles? :lol:
you cannot put FOX and FTA on the same level..

In primetime FTA hits 600-700k
In Primetime FOX hits 220 - 300k
again, irrelevant. Games are scheduled later in the day to suite TV, irrespective of the medium. In other words the NRL allowed crowd unfriendly times to get a better TV deal because it paid them more. I.e they caved in to the networks
Pal, everything that is not an AFL victory is irrelevant to you!!!! You are a deadest tiresome bore. Your post's are so one sided & obfuscating every opinion you have is irrelevant.

Please try to do better. You're boring the people to instant sleep here!!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:45 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:02 am
Lol the AFL told them
It's not like they manipulate figures around their game .

Maybe GIl told them the viewers were there ....they were just out the back of their homes in catering tents .
:lol:

the ratings for recent rounds have been very good
And now for the real story: the recent ratings have improved on the disastrous levels of the first 15 or 16 rounds. For the 1st time this year they are coming close to the numbers of last year. Woohoo!!!!

In total they are still down about 9M viewers on last year and don't look like they will make any of that up. By years end I predict they will be down by about 10%. And in the words of the immortal Wookie - that is a 'huge' drop.

Now cue llllllolller to bore us to death with cultist BS, cowardly comparisons and bald faced lies & distortions.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The NRL could Crack the Million this Friday.
with the Big clash of Souths and the Roosters.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

4 weeks ago the AFL got just 700k on a Friday night and 3 weeks ago you got just 730k on a Friday. They may have been better for the last 2 weeks but I would hardly call that a trend.

And what's more the AFL play more day games because they have no alternative - your so full of shit :wink:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:31 am
you'd hope so. Can they crack 1.1m like the AFL have a number of times in recent weeks?
pussycat wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 am
4 weeks ago the AFL got just 700k on a Friday night and 3 weeks ago you got just 730k on a Friday. They may have been better for the last 2 weeks but I would hardly call that a trend.

And what's more the AFL play more day games because they have no alternative - your so full of shit :wink:
there have been some average matchups on FN but they coincided with big games on the next 2 days.

As for no alternative, BS. Consistent Thursday, Sunday or Monday nights, 2 Friday night games etc
Terry wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:30 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:53 pm
The nrl games you are trying to include are not accessible for 75% of the population as opposed to the 100% for AFl

Oh dear.
irrelevant. This argument is about when matches are scheduled and why. The NRL schedule a 6pm Friday game on Fox for ratings irrespective of the fact it's only available for fox subscribers.
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:01 pm
you cannot put FOX and FTA on the same level..

In primetime FTA hits 600-700k
In Primetime FOX hits 220 - 300k
again, irrelevant. Games are scheduled later in the day to suite TV, irrespective of the medium. In other words the NRL allowed crowd unfriendly times to get a better TV deal because it paid them more. I.e they caved in to the networks
Pal, everything that is not an AFL victory is irrelevant to you!!!! You are a deadest tiresome bore. Your post's are so one sided & obfuscating every opinion you have is irrelevant.

if you just want people to agree with you go back to LU :roll:
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

they may crack the mill don't know about the 1.1mill

the QLD CLASH has been a ratings winner for years
cows v bronx

but with cows coming = last battling for the spoon.. this may not hit the heights they once did.
why on earth is this game on a Thursday in Townsville i have no idea.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:57 am
you'd hope so. Can they crack 1.1m like the AFL have a number of times in recent weeks?

there have been some average matchups on FN but they coincided with big games on the next 2 days.

As for no alternative, BS. Consistent Thursday, Sunday or Monday nights, 2 Friday night games etc
Terry wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:30 am

if you just want people to agree with you go back to LU :roll:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!! Tell us again how AFL wins the ratings battle even though it doesn't!!!! Tell us again how less actually means more!!! Tell us again about the concurrent games mumbo jumbo???? Please, please tell us again!!!!! AFL wins...….even when it doesn't!!!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

I suppose you could tell us how the NRL rates more when it loses almost every one v one comparison...............
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh ffs ...goldfish territory again
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:40 pm
I suppose you could tell us how the NRL rates more when it loses almost every one v one comparison...............
Yeah I can do that pal. You add up the ratings for say......every AFL game during the season. Then you add up all the games of NRL + a few representative games to come to the same total number of games as the AFL season.

And hey voila!!!! The NRL wins last year, the year before and will win again this year by a massive margin. Easy as that!!!! You see...…... whatever is the highest number is the winner. It's called arithmetic summation. It is an absolute thing......it cannot be wrong.

Now if you wanna take just one very thin band of comparisons.....say a specific single game on a certain day......to come to your overall arithmetic summation you will be wrong!!!!!!! One tiny sample does not count.

Now prepare slip back into the goldfish bowl!!!!!!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Terry wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:32 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:57 am

As for no alternative, BS. Consistent Thursday, Sunday or Monday nights, 2 Friday night games etc .

? etc? You would have games going to midnight?

If the AFL is truly such a crowd friendly mob wont matches Thursday, Monday and Midnight be bad time slots for crowds?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Terry wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:14 pm
Yeah I can do that pal. You add up the ratings for say......every AFL game during the season. Then you add up all the games of NRL + a few representative games to come to the same total number of games as the AFL season.

And hey voila!!!! The NRL wins last year, the year before and will win again this year by a massive margin. Easy as that!!!! You see...…... whatever is the highest number is the winner. It's called arithmetic summation. It is an absolute thing......it cannot be wrong.

Now if you wanna take just one very thin band of comparisons.....say a specific single game on a certain day......to come to your overall arithmetic summation you will be wrong!!!!!!! One tiny sample does not count.

I cannot believe that this needs explaining YET AGAIN .
No one can be that fucking dumb .

I will add for the mentally challenged .
Use any sporting scenario you like ..
BOXING .
You easily won the first 1 min of each round .
The other two minutes you got pummelled ,
Yet in bizarro world the first minute is all that matters .
That will win you the fight ...
Lol nope
By the end of the fight you have lost ...easily

Horse racing
You're lining up for your 5 th attempt at te MELB cup.
You go hard for the first 1200 m just like you do every year .
Past the post on the first occasion ..you are in front .
Sadly for you after the whole race you are not in front going past the post the second time .
Yet you still are trying to convince peopl you won .

You can't grasp why people are saying you didn't win .

Why can't they look at things through your the narrow view of the world where only certain sections of events are what's really counts .

You need help
Serious help
We can't dumb it down any more for you .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:14 pm

the AFL has higher rating games when the conditions are similar, yet the NRL accumulates a higher total. This obviously points to one fact, the cumulative total does not accurately demonstrate the popularity on TV, it highlights the differences in the scheduling over the season.

You simply cannot answer why the AFL has the highest rating home away games and finals, irrespective of when they are shown.

Answer that maybe Terry..........

Terry: "hey, what's that over there?"......... :lol:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Well that's a small step back to reality for ya pal!!!!! You admit more ppl watch RL than AFL over a calendar year. Well done. The rest of the post was typical spin and BS.

And now to answer your question......for the 1134th time: On balance the AFL gets bigger rating games on Friday nights and the semis. Not all but on balance more than RL.

Now how can RL then get more ratings overall? Obviously because the other games out rate the AFL's. Last week you had 3 games that rated under 100k on Fox. They are disastrous numbers. RL games never ever get that low. This year the AFL has had a record number of games rate less than 100k on Fox.

So clearly the AFL has blockbuster games between the big clubs that draw big numbers but equally lesser games and clubs that attract aleague level numbers. RL's ratings are more balanced between the clubs and games. So alas and alak RL wins overall and is the most popular sport on Australian TV year on year.

Now you will of course dive into the goldfish bowl with your concurrent games and scheduling guff. And I will of course point out the massive difference having FTA components for all games has on ratings. If all NRL games had that the ratings would soar!!! I would say those 2 facts cancel each other out.

So both codes have their broadcast and scheduling nuances. Some good. Some not so much. But at the end of the day we can only compare what we have. And on that basis RL is the winner......year on year on year!!!!!!!!

All you are arguing is that if, but or maybe things were different AFL would win. But until things are different and the AFL actually does get bigger yearly numbers it will stay if, but or maybe!!!!!!

This will be the last time I waste my time talking sense to you if you once again get straight back into the goldfish bowl with your ifs, buts and maybe's. The numbers speak for themselves. The facts are the facts.