Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:22 pm

Ok......so what have we got here........it looks like excuse number 2342 and 3245 as to why you lose. Good work pal.
Oh I forgot, we have excuses, you have reasons....hypocrit
As to excuse 2342 - number of hours shown. You will have to speak to the broadcasters and get them to weight the ratings accordingly. You know......multiply fumbleball by a factor of 1.5 which is what you are effectively saying. Until they do that you're gonna have to work with what you got pal - 2nd place.
well yes that is an issue, as is the fact that watching 10 hours of sport in one day is a lot less likely than watching 6. But the main point was 15 hours shown over 8 1/2 shows how much these 5 games overlap.
Excuse 3245 is just the regurgitated scheduling mantra that is unproven and unprovable. On this one you must get Gilty to change the scheduling or suck up what ya got. Again 2nd place!!!!
Say what? 4 games overlapped and averaged around 100k. The one game that didnt overlap rated over 200k, above the NRL game shown at the time. How is that "unproven" you utter moron?? :lol:
So there's ya challenge pal......get onto the broadcasters and Gilty. In the meantime, the great ol' girl Rugby League reigns supreme!!!!!!
no need. Our scheduling is what it is. When both codes have similar conditions the AFL wins EVERY TIME. The Saturday and Sunday games rate less due to PROVEN reasons. Yet you only seem to enter this thread on Sunday to discuss Saturday's ratings.

How about explaining why the NRL havent rated more in a one game v one game comparison since mid last year?? Oh, why would you? You have yesterdays average ratings for totally different conditions to discuss.... #-o Why dont we discuss total ratings for the day ignoring number of games? Oh, because they are different conditions? Go fuck yourself
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

"Go fuck yourself" lolololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the debating level of the fumbling fans here. Pick ya game up pal. Just because you're copping a hiding doesn't mean you should resort to crass base level cesspit language.

Wash ya mouth out with soap and re-join the argument in a civil manner ya dill!!!!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:29 pm
Terry wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:47 am
Fox ratings for yesterday:

AFL 5 games tot 682k. Avg 136k.
NRL 3 games tot 772k. Ave 257k.

I note last weeks fumble numbers were 636k tot 127k avg. So the election bleating excuse of last week doesn't seem to have been the case for Fox numbers.

I further note FTA numbers appear to be up for AFL this week. Maybe the super intelligent fumble fans have trouble trying to work out how to switch to the secondary channels.

More to follow.
the AFL crammed their 15 hours of game time into 8 and a half hours starting at a ratings unfriendly time of 1.30pm.
the NRL's 6 hours of game time started at 3.30pm and were shown over 6 hours.

Yet let's compare averages like they are under similar conditions Terry you flog. :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

In fact the only AFL game which was actually comparable to the NRL's conditions (shown in isolation) yesterday was the Crows v eagles which rated 204k. The NRL at the same time rated 201k. Funny how under similar conditions the AFL magically rated comparable on a Saturday on Foxtel. :wave:

Further evidence of the massive effect concurrent scheduling has on ratings. :wave:

The AFL game sown in isolation (Fox) 4.30-7.30. got almost 100 less than the NRL game in the same timeslot(5.30-7.00). :^o
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Hiding? You dont even discuss the points raised, which is why you cop comments like "go fuck yourself ". Your fact posting and discussion of the actual topic is so selective i seriously wonder if you're all there.

Your last response was basically "complain to Gil".

You couldnt debate a garden snail and win.
Last edited by NlolRL on Sun May 26, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:06 pm
Terry wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:47 am
Fox ratings for yesterday:

AFL 5 games tot 682k. Avg 136k.
NRL 3 games tot 772k. Ave 257k.

I note last weeks fumble numbers were 636k tot 127k avg. So the election bleating excuse of last week doesn't seem to have been the case for Fox numbers.

I further note FTA numbers appear to be up for AFL this week. Maybe the super intelligent fumble fans have trouble trying to work out how to switch to the secondary channels.

More to follow.
the AFL crammed their 15 hours of game time into 8 and a half hours starting at a ratings unfriendly time of 1.30pm.

Yet let's compare averages like they are under similar conditions Terry you flog. :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

In fact the only AFL game which was actually comparable to the NRL's conditions (shown in isolation) yesterday was the Crows v eagles which rated 204k. The NRL at the same time rated 201k. Funny how under similar conditions the AFL magically rated comparable on a Saturday on Foxtel. :wave:

Further evidence of the massive effect concurrent scheduling has on ratings. :wave:

The AFL game sown in isolation (Fox) 4.30-7.30. got almost 100 less than the NRL game in the same timeslot(5.30-7.00). :^o
You had a 3.30 to 5.30 game which was your first of the day. The eagles game was the afls third.

Also i notice you again ignored how much higher the only game shown in isolation rated about every game sgown concurrently.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:09 pm
Hiding? You dont even discuss the points raised, which is why you cop comments like "go fuck yourself ". Your fact posting and discussion of the actual topic is so selective i seriously wonder if you're all there.

Your last response was basically "complain to Gil".

You couldnt debate a garden snail and win.
Pal, are you aware of RAS. It is an affliction suffered by people with base level intelligence & low cognitive ability.

It,s when people say the same thing over and over and over again to prove a point already demolished.

Repetitive argument syndrome. Yep.......that,s it. You got it bad pal. You won,t remember but we,ve had these same arguments before.

Like repetitively.....over and over. Scheduling, isolation, length of games. You get hammered every time. Its ground hog day pal. You lose.....out they come again and again and again.

Its ....ummmmm...repetitive and boring. Please move on pal. You,re torturing yourself for no good reason.

Go well and God,s speed pal!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

And again, ignore every point raised but claim victory.

Flog isnt a strong enough term for you
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:47 pm
And again, ignore every point raised but claim victory.

Flog isnt a strong enough term for you
Pal, you just don,t remember the number of times you have been shredded in this argument.

But it,s ok.....I,m taking it easy on ya. RAS is serious matter not to be taken lightly.

How has your day been pal?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Remind everyone of how my arguments were shredded then, just for old times sake.

Queue a classic Terry response with deflection and no substance
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:12 pm

You had a 3.30 to 5.30 game which was your first of the day. The eagles game was the afls third.

Also i notice you again ignored how much higher the only game shown in isolation rated about every game sgown concurrently.
Somewhat understandably your excuses are getting more and more pathetic as you become more and more desperate. But your 'facts' are starting to border on lies and fantasy, That game started at 3 was over by the time your game even started [-(
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:16 pm

Somewhat understandably your excuses are getting more and more pathetic as you become more and more desperate. But your 'facts' are starting to border on lies and fantasy, That game started at 3 was over by the time your game even started [-(
So your game lasted 90 minutes and ours 180. Lol

Also, if theyre pathetic excuses why dont you address them?
Last edited by NlolRL on Sun May 26, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear I've read some pathetic excuses but this is top shelf material .
Yours was the first game of the day .
Ours was the third .
Tell me is there some law out there we havnt heard of that says fans of sports must watch the first game aired for the day .
How pathetic .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Its pretty obvious if you show more games or more hours of sport in a day you will generally get lower ratings per game
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

But but but first of the day .
Lol x 1000
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:22 pm
But but but first of the day .
Lol x 1000
It was a reference to how many hours of sport the AFL had on the day