Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh fuck off

A 250FTA game which is televised into home states. Rates how many on FOX
Never ending but but buts .
They still get more viewers than on FOx
Which is a point ( like all the positive points of your broadcast) that you say you agree with then go into a rant why its all bad .

Simple fact the positives cancel out the negatives .
You still get silver .
Better luck next year .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:42 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:49 pm
Exhibit A.
He says he accepts that the NRl got more ..then goes into a long winded rant why he thinks it happens ...ie .they only win because ....
I answered your question fuckwit. If you don't like my reasoning state why instead of bitching like a 6 year old girl
Fuck off fishbowl
Your only answer is the same crap over & over
As I've said
You continually rave about how bad things are yet soon as the positives are pointed out ..it's straight to your fucked up opinion
Blah blah blah .no there's this excuse there's that excuse ..but but but .
For once in your pathetic posting life on here accept defeat & move on .

You don't see us going on about the tv deal over & over
We live in the real world .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:29 pm
Oh fuck off

A 250FTA game which is televised into home states. Rates how many on FOX
Never ending but but buts .
They still get more viewers than on FOx
Which is a point ( like all the positive points of your broadcast) that you say you agree with then go into a rant why its all bad .

Simple fact the positives cancel out the negatives .
You still get silver .
Better luck next year .
you are so confused it's mind boggling.

Both codes have 3 FTA games per round which for argument's sake rate similar, around 700k for prime time (excluding fox) and 450k for the afternoon. In addition the AFL have an extra FTA game in Perth and Adelaide on 7mate which gives them another 250k per AFL round. So on FTA only the AFL are theoretically ahead by 250k per round.

For fox both codes rate around 250k for Fridays and Thursdays, but the NRL also rate a similar average for their remaining 7 games because they are all shown in isolation and exclusive to Fox. The AFL however average close to 125k for their remaining 7 fox games because they are shown against each other, and there are 18 hours worth of AFL on one day. The NRL therefore have an advantage of 875k on Fox, meaning an advantage of 625k total ratings per round. Multiply that by 25 rounds and you get a 15mil advantage over the season.

Of course you'll say the AFL have a further FTA advantage because two of the FTA games into Perth and Adelaide show the local club. I'd return serve by saying Brisbane get to see their local side for most rounds anyway, essentially resulting in the same advantage. Furthermore, even if the AFL did come out ahead on FTA in rounds where Brisbane didnt feature on FTA there's no way that would account for 625k ratings from Adelaide and Perth alone.

Now you'll reply with fishbowl or just claim the numbers as fantasy, But how about coming up with a reason they are incorrect. How about coming up with your own figures
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You can't claim the Broncos being telecast is the same as afl teams shown into home states so .
Stop talking shit .
Th Broncos rate when playing on a fri night .
Just like th afl put their better bigger Melb clubs on afri night .
Lol 1/4 of the comp is excluded from playing on fri .

You keep shifting the goal posts or deflecting with rot .
This is about your constant bitching about overlapping games .
Not FRI night .that has fuck all to do with telecasting into home states .
It's about while games are overlapping they are broadcast into home markets to capture te biggest audience possible .to counteract the the loss of viewers by overlapping games
& yes I'll say fishbowl again because you keep ignoring or deflecting from this .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:47 am
You can't claim the Broncos being telecast is the same as afl teams shown into home states so .
Stop talking shit .
Absolute BS.

The only AFL home markets that get to see their teams on FTA every round are Adelaide and Perth. Melbourne do not. They're exactly like Sydney in that some Melbourne clubs are shown to Melbourne each round and others are not. Therefore the advantage of targeted games is only for our 2 smaller markets, just like Brisbane see the Broncos for the majority of rounds on FTA.

EG: round 10 this year Melbourne saw Collingwood v bulldogs on Friday night, Giants v Ess on Saturday night, and Melbourne v Crows on Sunday. That's 4 Melbourne teams on FTA for the round. The NRL in Sydney would see a similar number of Sydney teams on FTA per round.

Both codes target their better teams on Friday, thats a lame excuse pussy made up.

Now, my figures were pretty close to mark. Irrespective of who plays on FTA the prime time games rate around 700k on FTA and 250k on Fox. Times that by 2 for Friday and Saturday and you get 1.4m. Add Sunday arvo at 450k and you get 1.85mil. Add the extra FTA game into Adelaide and Perth and the AFL get around 2.1mil on FTA per round.

The NRL get very similar numbers but miss out on 250k for the 4th game.

Then the NRL get a huge advantage with 7 Fox games rating over 100k more than the AFL per game because they are shown in isolation
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You just ignore or downplay(as usual) my point about FRi nite .
Fri nite has nothing to do with overlapping games into home markets .
You raised the Broncos on fri nite as some sort of fucked up logical point ...
It's not .
You're still going around the isolation fishbowl .

No one on here has backed up your bullshit .not one afl fan wants to touch your posts .
Why is tat .
You keep repeating the same shit while ignoring the facts .
Home market targeting makes up for overlapping games .

Everything else you post is ranting . Or deflecting from that fact

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:40 am
Stop talking shit .
Absolute BS.

The only AFL home markets that get to see their teams on FTA every round are Adelaide and Perth. Melbourne do not. They're exactly like Sydney in that some Melbourne clubs are shown to Melbourne each round and others are not. Therefore the advantage of targeted games is only for our 2 smaller markets, just like Brisbane see the Broncos for the majority of rounds on FTA.

EG: round 10 this year Melbourne saw Collingwood v bulldogs on Friday night, Giants v Ess on Saturday night, and Melbourne v Crows on Sunday. That's 4 Melbourne teams on FTA for the round. The NRL in Sydney would see a similar number of Sydney teams on FTA per round.

Both codes target their better teams on Friday, thats a lame excuse pussy made up.

Now, my figures were pretty close to mark. Irrespective of who plays on FTA the prime time games rate around 700k on FTA and 250k on Fox. Times that by 2 for Friday and Saturday and you get 1.4m. Add Sunday arvo at 450k and you get 1.85mil. Add the extra FTA game into Adelaide and Perth and the AFL get around 2.1mil on FTA per round.

Then the NRL get a huge advantage with 7 Fox games rating over 100k more than the AFL per game because they are shown in isolation
Pal, your whole rant/argument/excuses/drivel/opinion & goldfish bowling is about scheduling. Get it???? You whinge, whine, cry, sook & blubber about scheduling. How many times do I have to tell ya!!!!!!

On raw numbers RL gets massively more total numbers viewing on TV. Twice the average on FTA and smashes the fumbling game on Fox. Plus year on year gets 4 of the top 5 rating sports programs of the year.

Get it??? That's winning, winning & winning. Understand pal???????

If you want to change that I'll give ya a tip for free...…...get Gilty and the boys at fumblehouse to stop chasing young female staff around the building and change the scheduling!!!!!!! That's it pal. Simple eh?????? It's about the scheduling.

Understand????? No. Didn't think so lololololololololololololol.

You'll spend the whole summer bleating, mumbling, carping and griping about scheduling!!!!!! Get a life pal. Accept defeat. Move on. Look forward not backward.

And oh...……...maybe it's time to head back to the jungle!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:12 am
You just ignore or downplay(as usual) my point about FRi nite .
Fri nite has nothing to do with overlapping games into home markets .
You raised the Broncos on fri nite as some sort of fucked up logical point ...
It's not .
You're still going around the isolation fishbowl .

No one on here has backed up your bullshit .not one afl fan wants to touch your posts .
Why is tat .
You keep repeating the same shit while ignoring the facts .
Home market targeting makes up for overlapping games .

Everything else you post is ranting . Or deflecting from that fact
Lol you are still so confused. Lets duscuss these as seperate points to help you.

1. Tell me, which AFL markets are advantaged by targeted FTA games ie they televise their own teams on FTA each round?

2. Friday nights are basically the same for both codes in that they both show better sides. I already compared the ladder positions for teams playing friday night in 2018 and the NRL actually had a higher average. I.e they more regularly played their better sides on Friday night than the AFL
Last edited by NlolRL on Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:20 am
Stop talking shit .
Absolute BS.

Pal, your whole rant/argument/excuses/drivel/opinion & goldfish bowling is about scheduling. Get it???? You whinge, whine, cry, sook & blubber about scheduling. How many times do I have to tell ya!!!!!!

On raw numbers RL gets massively more total numbers viewing on TV. Twice the average on FTA and smashes the fumbling game on Fox. Plus year on year gets 4 of the top 5 rating sports programs of the year.

If you want to change that I'll give ya a tip for free...…...get Gilty and the boys at fumblehouse to stop chasing young female staff around the building and change the scheduling!!!!!!! That's it pal. Simple eh?????? It's about the scheduling.

You'll spend the whole summer bleating, mumbling, carping and griping about scheduling!!!!!! Get a life pal. Accept defeat. Move on. Look forward not backward.

Raw numbers are never considered when comparing major sports in the USA.

Suck shit
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:30 am

Absolute BS.

Suck shit
Listen jungle boy!!!!!!! Every sport in the world compares their performance to raw numbersyear on year. Raw numbers are the actual ratings figure...…….for each event......then totalled.....then averaged......simple.....easy...….raw numbers.

You cry, sook whinge & bleat that the raw numberswould/could/maybe/might be different if the schedulingwas different. Great!!!!!!! Get Gilty and the crew to change the scheduling and lets see what the raw numbersare like then.

If that doesn't happen guess what??????? Yep!!!!!!! You're stuck with what you've got......raw numbers!!!!! Suck it up snowflake!!!!! Take it on the chin!!! Throw up the white flag!!!!! They tell me the jungle is beautiful this time of year lololololololol!!!!!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I never thought we would get a poster as stupid as LIC
I was wrong .
He's going around the fishbowl circle agin .
Now it's back to the USA
Just like the fri nite thing that was addressed pages ago
We now are back to the USA ..which was addressed a few pages ago .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:17 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:30 am

Suck shit
Listen jungle boy!!!!!!! Every sport in the world compares their performance to raw numbersyear on year. Raw numbers are the actual ratings figure...…….for each event......then totalled.....then averaged......simple.....easy...….raw numbers.

You cry, sook whinge & bleat that the raw numberswould/could/maybe/might be different if the schedulingwas different. Great!!!!!!! Get Gilty and the crew to change the scheduling and lets see what the raw numbersare like then.

If that doesn't happen guess what??????? Yep!!!!!!! You're stuck with what you've got......raw numbers!!!!! Suck it up snowflake!!!!! Take it on the chin!!! Throw up the white flag!!!!! They tell me the jungle is beautiful this time of year lololololololol!!!!!!!!
You can say jungle and fish bowl all you like but it doesnt change the facts.

Cumulative ratings are never compared between programs because they are heavily influenced by scheduling. If they are post some and stop bitching.

If you can find me where any one else has compared them please do. Otherwise do another lap and I'll see you soon.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:18 pm
I never thought we would get a poster as stupid as LIC
I was wrong .
He's going around the fishbowl circle agin .
Now it's back to the USA
Just like the fri nite thing that was addressed pages ago
We now are back to the USA ..which was addressed a few pages ago .
Hypocrite, you're just lapping a different bowl.

I meantioned the USA again because im answering multiple posts, not just yours.

I asked you 2 questions above, how about you stop deflecting and answer them
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Stop talking shit .
Absolute BS.

Terry, you need to speak to AFLcrap because you disagree with each other. You're saying the difference is based on scheduling while he's saying the schedules are so close that a comparison of cumulative ratings is relevant for the nrl and afl but nowhere else.

Come on guys, clearly you cant both be right
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:25 pm

Absolute BS.

Terry, you need to speak to AFLcrap because you disagree with each other. You're saying the difference is based on scheduling while he's saying the schedules are so close that a comparison of cumulative ratings is relevant for the nrl and afl but nowhere else.

Come on guys, clearly you cant both be right
I'm starting to get my head around all the ratings who ha.
But I'm interested to know what ratings the broadcasters consider when they draft up deals?