Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

The final State of Origin match for 2021 drew an average overnight national audience of 2.52m (5 City: 1.746m Reg: 774,000) watching Queensland win last night’s game. In digital on 9Now the game recorded a live primary VPM rating of 213,000 which is up 22% year on year.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:44 am
The final State of Origin match for 2021 drew an average overnight national audience of 2.52m (5 City: 1.746m Reg: 774,000) watching Queensland win last night’s game. In digital on 9Now the game recorded a live primary VPM rating of 213,000 which is up 22% year on year.
Lockdown
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:27 am
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:18 am
Canterbury coming last, yep got 300k the other day..
which i was trying to explain nlolrl

that even a team like canterbury performing shocking managed 300k
which was helped abit by Lockdown..

which he added, lockdown is not adding to your ratings..
How do you work out that Leeroy is agreeing with you? I'd be very interested to hear.

One game :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ you dont have to look to far. Your isolation claim is nothing but an excuse, making little or no difference - 25k at most.
How many games in isolation rate under 100k on fox? How many when shown concurrently?

There's your answer
Sunday (the previous day to Monday) GWS v Gold Coast Shown in complete isolation = 80k ](*,)
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:59 am

How do you work out that Leeroy is agreeing with you? I'd be very interested to hear.

One game :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ you dont have to look to far. Your isolation claim is nothing but an excuse, making little or no difference - 25k at most.
How many games in isolation rate under 100k on fox? How many when shown concurrently?

There's your answer
Sunday (the previous day to Monday) GWS v Gold Coast Shown in complete isolation = 80k ](*,)
I said how many, not if they ever occurred. If the NRL had 2 clubs in non heartland states and they played a game at 12.30pm they'd get low figures too
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

There's your answer

When poor 'ol lllolllers usual isolation excuse doesn't work he's got plenty of others to go to lolololololol!!!! He reminds me of the great philosopher Groucho Marx who said, "These are my principles........and if you don't like 'em I've got plenty more" lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think that is about right for GWS and Suns playing at midday on a Sunday. No one expects massive rating or even good rating for that game. Is the 80k just for Fox or does it include FTA - I assume it was shown on FTA as well in QLD and NSW at least.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:25 am

There's your answer

When poor 'ol lllolllers usual isolation excuse doesn't work he's got plenty of others to go to lolololololol!!!! He reminds me of the great philosopher Groucho Marx who said, "These are my principles........and if you don't like 'em I've got plenty more" lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!
more mindless trolling from the forum jester. Do you ever have an opinion of your own or do you only hurl insults at others?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:39 am

more mindless trolling from the forum jester. Do you ever have an opinion of your own or do you only hurl insults at others?
Pal, I have actual tangible numbers, facts and truths. You have unknowns, coulda, shoulda, woulda, but but but's!!!! Big difference. You're more into, "I've got plenty of excuses............and if you don't like those ones.........I've got plenty more"!!!!
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Fred wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:27 am
I think that is about right for GWS and Suns playing at midday on a Sunday. No one expects massive rating or even good rating for that game. Is the 80k just for Fox or does it include FTA - I assume it was shown on FTA as well in QLD and NSW at least.
Ive asked you this question close to a million times but never got an answer from you or lol, how many people pay $25 a month ($200 a season) for PTV. Superior picture and add free and then watch the FTA coverage , in this case 7 mate?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

SOO 3 total ratings thus far: 2.520M. When BVOD is known it will be around 2.8M. The third most watched program of the year. Meaning Rugby League how holds the top 3 spots for 2021.

I suspect the only broadcasts likely to challenge them is the NRL and AFL grand finals. It looks like RL will once again have 4 of the top 5 shows of the year.

And in more good news game 3 was won by Qld. Which will keep the broadcasters and Peter The Great happy and ensure great numbers again for next years series!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:43 am
NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:39 am

Pal, I have actual tangible numbers, facts and truths. You have unknowns, coulda, shoulda, woulda, but but but's!!!! Big difference. You're more into, "I've got plenty of excuses............and if you don't like those ones.........I've got plenty more"!!!!
We can all see the figures pal. This thread is to discuss them, not just see them
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:55 am
SOO 3 total ratings thus far: 2.520M. When BVOD is known it will be around 2.8M. The third most watched program of the year. Meaning Rugby League how holds the top 3 spots for 2021.

I suspect the only broadcasts likely to challenge them is the NRL and AFL grand finals. It looks like RL will once again have 4 of the top 5 shows of the year.

And in more good news game 3 was won by Qld. Which will keep the broadcasters and Peter The Great happy and ensure great numbers again for next years series!!!
Yet the AFL get more $$$

This only goes to show how much we dominate the comparison of comps
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:52 am
Fred wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:27 am
Ive asked you this question close to a million times but never got an answer from you or lol, how many people pay $25 a month ($200 a season) for PTV. Superior picture and add free and then watch the FTA coverage , in this case 7 mate?
Well explain why games exclusive to FOX tend to rate higher on fox than those shown simulcast on fox and FTA. The nrls Thu and FR night games show this when compared to Saturday games
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:40 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:55 am

Yet the AFL get more $$$

This only goes to show how much we dominate the comparison of comps
You keep saying this pal! But once again you are wrong! Last deal the AFL got $2.5M for 6 years and the NRL got $1.9M for 5 years. And as you and your fumbling mates repeatedly tell us the AFL goes for 30% longer. So based on value per minute the NRL actually gets more.

I suspect you will dismiss this reasoning and replace it with your usual glad bag grab of excuses. What ya got pal?????

And as to the point of my post: top rating TV programs in Australia for 2021 -
1. Rugby League
2. Rugby League
3, Rugby League

Pretty comprehensive I would say!!!!!
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:44 am
Actually quite impressive numbers for a dead rubber..

Sydney rated 910k (lockdown showing numbers go up)
Brisbane was down
Melbourne Down
Perth down
Adelaide Down.
Regional down.

(9NOW Down 70k )
But still managed close to 2.8mill.