Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Viewers are no 1
How many ad breaks you can fit in a telecast is prob no 2
The more breaks the more $$$ a tv station makes to recoup their outlay .

& even though there's only about 5k+ ratings boxes in Aust it's seen as a fairly reliable sample size
Reliable enough( with whatever other data they can get) to outlay billions of $$$$

Well that is till the AFLOL get beat ..then suddenly it's unreliable .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:25 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:20 am
NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:40 am

Absolute BS.

The only AFL home markets that get to see their teams on FTA every round are Adelaide and Perth. Melbourne do not. They're exactly like Sydney in that some Melbourne clubs are shown to Melbourne each round and others are not. Therefore the advantage of targeted games is only for our 2 smaller markets, just like Brisbane see the Broncos for the majority of rounds on FTA.

EG: round 10 this year Melbourne saw Collingwood v bulldogs on Friday night, Giants v Ess on Saturday night, and Melbourne v Crows on Sunday. That's 4 Melbourne teams on FTA for the round. The NRL in Sydney would see a similar number of Sydney teams on FTA per round.

Both codes target their better teams on Friday, thats a lame excuse pussy made up.

Now, my figures were pretty close to mark. Irrespective of who plays on FTA the prime time games rate around 700k on FTA and 250k on Fox. Times that by 2 for Friday and Saturday and you get 1.4m. Add Sunday arvo at 450k and you get 1.85mil. Add the extra FTA game into Adelaide and Perth and the AFL get around 2.1mil on FTA per round.

The NRL get very similar numbers but miss out on 250k for the 4th game.

Then the NRL get a huge advantage with 7 Fox games rating over 100k more than the AFL per game because they are shown in isolation
Pal, your whole rant/argument/excuses/drivel/opinion & goldfish bowling is about scheduling. Get it???? You whinge, whine, cry, sook & blubber about scheduling. How many times do I have to tell ya!!!!!!

On raw numbers RL gets massively more total numbers viewing on TV. Twice the average on FTA and smashes the fumbling game on Fox. Plus year on year gets 4 of the top 5 rating sports programs of the year.

Get it??? That's winning, winning & winning. Understand pal???????

If you want to change that I'll give ya a tip for free...…...get Gilty and the boys at fumblehouse to stop chasing young female staff around the building and change the scheduling!!!!!!! That's it pal. Simple eh?????? It's about the scheduling.

Understand????? No. Didn't think so lololololololololololololol.

You'll spend the whole summer bleating, mumbling, carping and griping about scheduling!!!!!! Get a life pal. Accept defeat. Move on. Look forward not backward.

And oh...……...maybe it's time to head back to the jungle!!!!
Terry, you need to speak to AFLcrap because you disagree with each other. You're saying the difference is based on scheduling while he's saying the schedules are so close that a comparison of cumulative ratings is relevant for the nrl and afl but nowhere else.

Come on guys, clearly you cant both be right
Lol another comprehension fail

No he's not saying the difference is based on scheduling
He's saying he's sick of you using scheduling as an excuse .
Over & over
Nowhere does he concede that we win because of scheduling .
He's sick of your bleating about it as I am

Try again .
Try not to be a sore loser

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Absolute BS.

The only AFL home markets that get to see their teams on FTA every round are Adelaide and Perth. Melbourne do not. They're exactly like Sydney in that some Melbourne clubs are shown to Melbourne each round and others are not. Therefore the advantage of targeted games is only for our 2 smaller markets, just like Brisbane see the Broncos for the majority of rounds on FTA.

EG: round 10 this year Melbourne saw Collingwood v bulldogs on Friday night, Giants v Ess on Saturday night, and Melbourne v Crows on Sunday. That's 4 Melbourne teams on FTA for the round. The NRL in Sydney would see a similar number of Sydney teams on FTA per round.

Both codes target their better teams on Friday, thats a lame excuse pussy made up.

Now, my figures were pretty close to mark. Irrespective of who plays on FTA the prime time games rate around 700k on FTA and 250k on Fox. Times that by 2 for Friday and Saturday and you get 1.4m. Add Sunday arvo at 450k and you get 1.85mil. Add the extra FTA game into Adelaide and Perth and the AFL get around 2.1mil on FTA per round.

Then the NRL get a huge advantage with 7 Fox games rating over 100k more than the AFL per game because they are shown in isolation
There was 3 Saturdays in a row where the AFL had no overlapping matches AFL averaged 180k. The NRL average for Saturday is over 250k - That's over 70k a match better. Any
plausible excuses or just more but but??????????????????

AFL Teams Shown on FTA in Rd 10 2018.

Freemantle
North Melbourne
West Coast
Hawthorne
GWS
Essendon
Collingwood
W Bulldogs
Melbourne
Adelaide
Lions
Swans

A number of these twice [-(

NRL teams that played on FTA round 10

Dragons
Broncos
Cowboys
Sharks
Titans
Raiders
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:38 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:25 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:20 am

Pal, your whole rant/argument/excuses/drivel/opinion & goldfish bowling is about scheduling. Get it???? You whinge, whine, cry, sook & blubber about scheduling. How many times do I have to tell ya!!!!!!

On raw numbers RL gets massively more total numbers viewing on TV. Twice the average on FTA and smashes the fumbling game on Fox. Plus year on year gets 4 of the top 5 rating sports programs of the year.

Get it??? That's winning, winning & winning. Understand pal???????

If you want to change that I'll give ya a tip for free...…...get Gilty and the boys at fumblehouse to stop chasing young female staff around the building and change the scheduling!!!!!!! That's it pal. Simple eh?????? It's about the scheduling.

Understand????? No. Didn't think so lololololololololololololol.

You'll spend the whole summer bleating, mumbling, carping and griping about scheduling!!!!!! Get a life pal. Accept defeat. Move on. Look forward not backward.

And oh...……...maybe it's time to head back to the jungle!!!!
Terry, you need to speak to AFLcrap because you disagree with each other. You're saying the difference is based on scheduling while he's saying the schedules are so close that a comparison of cumulative ratings is relevant for the nrl and afl but nowhere else.

Come on guys, clearly you cant both be right
Lol another comprehension fail

No he's not saying the difference is based on scheduling
He's saying he's sick of you using scheduling as an excuse .
Over & over
Nowhere does he concede that we win because of scheduling .
He's sick of your bleating about it as I am

Try again .
Try not to be a sore loser
He knows perfectly well the difference is scheduling, hence his recommendation to speak to Gil
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Absolute BS.

There was 3 Saturdays in a row where the AFL had no overlapping matches AFL averaged 180k. The NRL average for Saturday is over 250k - That's over 70k a match better. Any

Freemantle
North Melbourne
West Coast
Hawthorne
GWS
Essendon
Collingwood
W Bulldogs
Melbourne
Adelaide
Lions
Swans

Dragons
Broncos
Cowboys
Sharks
Titans
Raiders
The point was how many Melbourne sides were shown into Melbourne. Of course we have more teams shown on FTA, but most are only to 1 or 2 markets.

Ive already answered your saturday claim for fox ratings. None of these games are exclusive to fox yet all nrl games are. That alone makes a big difference let alone the fact you have only 6 hours of games on Saturday to our 9 to 15 hours.

When both codes have a single game on fta and fox we win the fox ratings almost every time
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

More LOL gold :(/ :(/ :(/

Clubs respond to 2019 AFL fixture release

AFL clubs and commentators have hit out at the announcement of the 2019 season fixture, which features a first-ever dagger for the bottom four

news.com.auNovember 1, 20184:15pm

Carlton’s season-opening clash against Richmond on Thursday, March 21 is the only Thursday or Friday night match for the Blues or Saints.

The league has also taken the unprecedented step of potentially swapping two round-nine games, should Melbourne Victory host the A League grand final. There was widespread disapproval of the Blues having four Friday night games this season as well as the Richmond clash, while St Kilda also had three matches on Friday night.

Carlton took the wooden spoon this year and the Saints, after nearly making the finals last season, finished 16th.

Both struggling Queensland clubs Brisbane and Gold Coast also missed out on Friday night action — the first time in the competition’s history that the bottom four have missed out on playing any Friday night football since 1990.

The AFL has taken dramatic action to address its prime time ratings slump — with several out-of-favour clubs completely locked out of Thursday and Friday night timeslots. Fremantle (zero games on Thursday and Friday nights), Gold Coast (zero games), St Kilda (zero games), Brisbane (one Thursday night game), Carlton (one Thursday night game) and Western Bulldogs (one Friday night game) have all been overlooked for the lucrative prime time positions.

St Kilda chief executive Matt Finnis said he understands why some Saints fans would be disappointed.

“Whilst many of our fans will be disappointed the AFL has not scheduled the Saints on Friday nights in 2019, we take responsibility for our poor performance this year and the impact this has had on fixture slots,” he said.

“We have made a series of changes over the off-season and are determined to let our football do the talking in 2019, regardless of when and where we play.”

Other commentators were angered by the uneven nature of the draw and the advantages enjoyed by some Victorian clubs.

By contrast, Collingwood’s stunning resurgence this season has earned the Magpies seven Friday nights — two more than Hawthorn and Sydney — as well as two Thursday night fixtures.

Essendon, another Victorian club with a big supporter base, will have four Friday night games and two on Thursday night.

The Bombers dropped out of the top eight this season after a disastrous 2-6 start and their 14-year drought without a finals win is the longest in the AFL.

But they finished the season strongly and the recruiting of GWS star Dylan Shiel has further raised expectations that they will be next year’s bolter.

Essendon’s great hope.

Essendon’s great hope.Source:News Corp Australia

Despite their regular prime time appearances, Essendon chief executive Xavier Campbell took a stab at league officials for Essendon’s home games against fellow-Melbourne clubs who finished outside the top eight last season.

“At the biggest venue in Melbourne with a capacity of 100,000, we feel it may have been a missed opportunity to not showcase a traditional Victorian based rivalry in two of our four home games scheduled at the MCG,” Campbell said.

‘However, we do thank the league for their willingness to work with the Clubs to ensure a relatively balanced fixture.”

Hawthorn boss Justin Reeves also criticised his team’s draw, claiming his club didn’t receive any of its fixture requests.

“We understand the fixture process is a challenging one for the league, however it is disappointing we did not receive any of the priority fixture requests we submitted to the AFL and that we have again been fixtured a home game at Marvel Stadium,” Reeves said.

“On a positive note, we are pleased our members will be able to enjoy some terrific home games at the MCG, with big match-ups against the Cats on Easter Monday, Collingwood on a Friday night and reigning Premiers West Coast.”

— with AAP

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:00 pm
pussycat wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Absolute BS.

Freemantle
North Melbourne
West Coast
Hawthorne
GWS
Essendon
Collingwood
W Bulldogs
Melbourne
Adelaide
Lions
Swans

Dragons
Broncos
Cowboys
Sharks
Titans
Raiders
The point was how many Melbourne sides were shown into Melbourne. Of course we have more teams shown on FTA, but most are only to 1 or 2 markets.

Ive already answered your saturday claim for fox ratings. None of these games are exclusive to fox yet all nrl games are. That alone makes a big difference let alone the fact you have only 6 hours of games on Saturday to our 9 to 15 hours.

When both codes have a single game on fta and fox we win the fox ratings almost every time
Sigh
Another lap
Now we are back to the fucking hrs crap again .
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So let me get this,straight .
Nrl games on Sat are exclusive to fox ....so available to about 30 % of the population .no FTA markets
afl games are on fox ...the same ..available to 30% of the population .
Some that overlap are also available on FTA ...to 100% of the home market ..which makes up for any loss of viewers due to overlap.
Which is what this whole argument is about ...you started this debate with your but but but excuses about overlapping ...you got smashed so now ...you have just went off on different tangents .
I could explain this to my Grandmother who has been dead for 23 years & she would have more of an understanding of it than you .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

You continue to be very confused.

The AFL may have FTA on Saturdays but still have the same number of fta games as the nrl excluding an extra game into adelaide and perth on 7 mate and sometimes on delay. Therefore carrying on about our advantage on Saturday ignores your FTA games on the other days.

As for being smashed, over what? None of you can find another cumulative ratings comparison anywhere world wide yet somehow think they are the be all and end all in Australia. Funny thing is only the nrl media make this comparison. They arent acknowledged anywhere else.

I come up with questions and you ignore them.

I make examples using estimated ratings and you dont even address them.

Its like arguing with a toddler
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:18 pm
More LOL gold :(/ :(/ :(/

Clubs respond to 2019 AFL fixture release

AFL clubs and commentators have hit out at the announcement of the 2019 season fixture, which features a first-ever dagger for the bottom four

news.com.auNovember 1, 20184:15pm

Carlton’s season-opening clash against Richmond on Thursday, March 21 is the only Thursday or Friday night match for the Blues or Saints.

The league has also taken the unprecedented step of potentially swapping two round-nine games, should Melbourne Victory host the A League grand final. There was widespread disapproval of the Blues having four Friday night games this season as well as the Richmond clash, while St Kilda also had three matches on Friday night.

Carlton took the wooden spoon this year and the Saints, after nearly making the finals last season, finished 16th.

Both struggling Queensland clubs Brisbane and Gold Coast also missed out on Friday night action — the first time in the competition’s history that the bottom four have missed out on playing any Friday night football since 1990.

The AFL has taken dramatic action to address its prime time ratings slump — with several out-of-favour clubs completely locked out of Thursday and Friday night timeslots. Fremantle (zero games on Thursday and Friday nights), Gold Coast (zero games), St Kilda (zero games), Brisbane (one Thursday night game), Carlton (one Thursday night game) and Western Bulldogs (one Friday night game) have all been overlooked for the lucrative prime time positions.

St Kilda chief executive Matt Finnis said he understands why some Saints fans would be disappointed.

“Whilst many of our fans will be disappointed the AFL has not scheduled the Saints on Friday nights in 2019, we take responsibility for our poor performance this year and the impact this has had on fixture slots,” he said.

“We have made a series of changes over the off-season and are determined to let our football do the talking in 2019, regardless of when and where we play.”

Other commentators were angered by the uneven nature of the draw and the advantages enjoyed by some Victorian clubs.

By contrast, Collingwood’s stunning resurgence this season has earned the Magpies seven Friday nights — two more than Hawthorn and Sydney — as well as two Thursday night fixtures.

Essendon, another Victorian club with a big supporter base, will have four Friday night games and two on Thursday night.

The Bombers dropped out of the top eight this season after a disastrous 2-6 start and their 14-year drought without a finals win is the longest in the AFL.

But they finished the season strongly and the recruiting of GWS star Dylan Shiel has further raised expectations that they will be next year’s bolter.

Essendon’s great hope.

Essendon’s great hope.Source:News Corp Australia

Despite their regular prime time appearances, Essendon chief executive Xavier Campbell took a stab at league officials for Essendon’s home games against fellow-Melbourne clubs who finished outside the top eight last season.

“At the biggest venue in Melbourne with a capacity of 100,000, we feel it may have been a missed opportunity to not showcase a traditional Victorian based rivalry in two of our four home games scheduled at the MCG,” Campbell said.

‘However, we do thank the league for their willingness to work with the Clubs to ensure a relatively balanced fixture.”

Hawthorn boss Justin Reeves also criticised his team’s draw, claiming his club didn’t receive any of its fixture requests.

“We understand the fixture process is a challenging one for the league, however it is disappointing we did not receive any of the priority fixture requests we submitted to the AFL and that we have again been fixtured a home game at Marvel Stadium,” Reeves said.

“On a positive note, we are pleased our members will be able to enjoy some terrific home games at the MCG, with big match-ups against the Cats on Easter Monday, Collingwood on a Friday night and reigning Premiers West Coast.”

— with AAP
It was highlighted in this very thread that 2 nrl clubs get no Friday games on fta next season.

Lol
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:18 pm
You continue to be very confused.

The AFL may have FTA on Saturdays but still have the same number of fta games as the nrl excluding an extra game into adelaide and perth on 7 mate and sometimes on delay. Therefore carrying on about our advantage on Saturday ignores your FTA games on the other days.

As for being smashed, over what? None of you can find another cumulative ratings comparison anywhere world wide yet somehow think they are the be all and end all in Australia. Funny thing is only the nrl media make this comparison. They arent acknowledged anywhere else.

I come up with questions and you ignore them.

I make examples using estimated ratings and you dont even address them.

Its like arguing with a toddler
Oh dear
What utter gibberish .
Estimated ratings .
.lol
You ask questions that you ignore answers to ..
You then as you always do try to discount your extra FTA game ,
That is the whole fucking argument you imbecile .
For the 409th fucking time .
You have an extra game on FTA .
You can downplay it as much as you want ...it's still targeted at home audiences .

You just keep ignoring this fact .
You keep ignoring where Terry has addressed the culmitive ratings in other ports .
If it doesn't fit in your narrow afl insular world you ignore

Tell me how do sports work out average ratings .

I could eat a bowl of fruit loops & my morning shit would make more sense than you .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

I dont ignore points, i answer them. You just dont like the answer.

Now, ive already discussed the AFLs extra FTA game but here goes again.

Do you agree the AFLs extra FTA game:
- is only shown to home markets SA and WA?
- is shown on 7 mate and sometimes delayed by up to 2 hours
- is a daytime game, not prime time

If the AFLs prime time games shown nationally on ch7 get around 700k what ratings do you estimate this 4th game would get?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Furthermore, the NRL have 3 extra rounds where they continue to show 3 FTA games per round. So NSW and Qld get 9 more FTA games than Victoria per year. Given Victoria is AFLs biggest market this is a significant advantage.

Do you agree with this?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

No I don't agree .youre fucked in the head
You have an extra FTA game for some of the season .
if it's not shown into a home market then it's shown into Vic .
& I don't fucking care if it's only shown into certain states .
It's still into home markets .
What is wrong with you .

& I don't give a fuck if it's on 7 mate
It's still FTA ..
If afl fans are too stupid to use a remote then that's not my problem
Downplay,it all you want ..but it's the facts .

You are now trying again to ignore this.

Get help .
My only reply to your obsessive insanity will be
GOLD GOLD GOLD .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

If youd bother checking the tv fixture youd see melbourne doesnt get a 4th fta game, they get an average of 3 fta games a round only.

Plus you cant even concede ratings are lower on secondary digital channels, which is proven again and again.

Furthermore you ignore the extra 9 fta games the nrl get with a longer season. This would be equivalent to the afls 22 extra fta games for sa and wa only. Basically these would balance eqch other out.

You cant even concede clear facts so theres no point in discussing this further.

Enjoy your nrl medal, the only fans world wide that think cumulative figures are relevant
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

You skirt the fact continually when a Saturday or Sunday PTV gamer is shown without any overlap it still get ratings 70+ thousand less than ours. You live in a fantasy world, you expect your Saturday/Sunday games to rate as well as Friday nights. Atmosphere is the only thing that your game has going for it, once you take that away your game is as exciting as watching paint dry - why do you think no one else wants to have anything to do with it! Even Victorian attitudes are much the same, after Friday night the weeks all but over.

Furthermore the NRL has two extra rounds! and 1.5 less matches per round and during the SOO period sometimes just 2. Victoria never has less then 3 , Often 4 and, on occasionally 5.

Your extra games are'nt usually of a night time. though didn't you play a game on Sunday night this year? , Monday night?, I know you had a game on Tuesday night as well as quite a few Thursday nights. And when you play them Saturday night you spit two games to in crease your ratings..but but but
Last edited by pussycat on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.