Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:49 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:29 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:17 pm

1 game, exclusive to FOX, with Sydney in lockdown.

Take your hand back off your dick there Terry :\:
what are you trying to state
that this game should of rated higher because of lockdown..

It rated pretty well and lockdown helped this match get higher figures.

Quick Lesson of the team that was playing.

Canterbury Bulldogs.
cant score points
cant defend
cant win
RL peeps here were very quick to point out how good AFL ratings were due to lockdown. Doesn't it work both ways?
yes they are, and as i stated, both codes are seeing a rise in figures when in lockdown..
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:54 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:38 pm
i find it hard to believe that you are denying that lockdown's do not lift ratings ...

Networks Seven and Fox admitted this was the case..

this does not mean NRL would see the same lift as AFL did in Melbourne..
as both a very different.. and Sydney is early in the lockdown and rules have just been tighten again

Hard Lockdown in sydney is different, yesterday you could go pub and still watch the footy and a beer.
i assume this will change quick smart.
I can't see a logical reason why lockdown would advantage the AFL more then the NRL. In fact one weekend involved Brisbane and Sydney in lockdown. The AFL only ever had Melbourne in lockdown
i did not say it would advantage or disadvantage..
i am saying the lockdown periods are different at the moment.
Hard lockdown is about to begin in Sydney, after a soft approach

I am comparing sydney v Melbourne.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:42 pm
i find it hard to believe that you are denying that lockdown's do not lift ratings ...

as both a very different.. and Sydney is early in the lockdown and rules have just been tighten again

Hard Lockdown in sydney is different, yesterday you could go pub and still watch the footy and a beer.
I can't see a logical reason why lockdown would advantage the AFL more then the NRL. In fact one weekend involved Brisbane and Sydney in lockdown. The AFL only ever had Melbourne in lockdown
You should know by now that but but but excuses are only okay for when the nrl do poorly but same said excuses do not apply to the afl. If they afl do well it’s because this or that…. Yet when the nrl fail to do well under the same circumstances, for some reason, the same logic doesn’t apply lol. No point trying to point this out as the people you continually argue with don’t want to know … cognitive dissonance I believe.
the facts are facts Freddy,

AFL saw a huge rise When HARD LOCKDOWN was In Melbourne.
There is nothing magical about it, no but but's nothing it was Big Margin in the rise..

Sydney while at the beginning is only seeing a slight rise in figures for lockdown..
and could increase once HARD LOCKDOWN comes into effect...
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

You should know by now that but but but excuses are only okay for when the nrl do poorly but same said excuses do not apply to the afl. If they afl do well it’s because this or that…. Yet when the nrl fail to do well under the same circumstances, for some reason, the same logic doesn’t apply lol. No point trying to point this out as the people you continually argue with don’t want to know … cognitive dissonance I believe.

Well, ya see it likes this Freddo 'ol son: NRL folk here don't have the 'same said excuses'. In fact we don't have excuses at all. We quote data, facts and the truth. You know, like actual streaming numbers. Like actual ratings during lockdowns. Actual, real, existing, tangible truths.

Your mob has but but but but but, shoulda, coulda, woulda......if only.......maybe.......but but but!!!! Big difference pal!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:53 pm

There is nothing magical about it, no but but's nothing it was Big Margin in the rise..

Sydney while at the beginning is only seeing a slight rise in figures for lockdown..
2 points:
1. During Melbourne's lockdown there were some great matches scheduled. This would account for a proportion of the increase.
2. If nrl can't attract more viewers when people are stuck at home doing nothing that's their issue and speaks towards their popularity in Sydney compared to the AFL in Melbourne
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:21 pm

Well, ya see it likes this Freddo 'ol son: NRL folk here don't have the 'same said excuses'. In fact we don't have excuses at all. We quote data, facts and the truth. You know, like actual streaming numbers. Like actual ratings during lockdowns. Actual, real, existing, tangible truths.

Your mob has but but but but but, shoulda, coulda, woulda......if only.......maybe.......but but but!!!! Big difference pal!!!!!
Oh my, comedy gold from Terry. Claiming the AFL wond because of lockdown but not the nrl is the epitome of but but excuses
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:25 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:53 pm

2 points:
1. During Melbourne's lockdown there were some great matches scheduled. This would account for a proportion of the increase.
2. If nrl can't attract more viewers when people are stuck at home doing nothing that's their issue and speaks towards their popularity in Sydney compared to the AFL in Melbourne
points i would like to add.

Melbourne's lockdown went for months.
A footy festival was set up playing games nearly every night for 1 month.

Sydney's partial lockdown begun 2 weeks ago, and hard lockdown has only really only occured with the extension with this round where there has been 4 games as State of origin is on Wednesday.

not even close to being compared yet..

Ratings will go up with lockdown in Sydney, but i do not think it will hit Melbourne Levels. of how high it reached.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Our lockdown this year only went for a few weeks and normal scheduling continued. Didn't stop all the but but nrl fans crying about lockdown
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:43 pm
Our lockdown this year only went for a few weeks and normal scheduling continued. Didn't stop all the but but nrl fans crying about lockdown
i am talking about last years huge rise,

this year however,
yes there was a few top of table clashes which most likely would of rated well either way..

but there is no denying lockdowns cause a lift in the ratings
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Ok pal, this is how it works. You get the rating numbers before and after the lockdowns. For both codes. You compare them and work out how much they went up during said lockdowns. You know, actual figures. Things that exist. Not but but maybes!!!!!

And hey presto when ya do that you'll find the AFL went up much more than did the NRL in their respective lockdowns. Maybe Melbourne folk got used to lockdowns and sat in front of their tellies. I mean, they were under house arrest for nearly 4 months last year.

That's how ya do it pal. Facts. Data. Truths. Now stand by for incoming but but but but but buts lolololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!

Hell...............this guy can't handle the truth!!!!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:02 pm)
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:00 pm
Ok pal, this is how it works. You get the rating numbers before and after the lockdowns. For both codes. You compare them and work out how much they went up during said lockdowns. You know, actual figures. Things that exist. Not but but maybes!!!!!

And hey presto when ya do that you'll find the AFL went up much more than did the NRL in their respective lockdowns. Maybe Melbourne folk got used to lockdowns and sat in front of their tellies. I mean, they were under house arrest for nearly 4 months last year.

That's how ya do it pal. Facts. Data. Truths. Now stand by for incoming but but but but but buts lolololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!

Hell...............this guy can't handle the truth!!!!!!!
it is that simple... and i think it was 5 months..

either way up, down or whatever... NRL winning the race.
and in the big one too... Streaming Numbers.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:53 pm

this year however,
yes there was a few top of table clashes which most likely would of rated well either way..

Well quarters were shorter last year which added to the rise. I'm talking about this year
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

If the sample size during lockdownnis only a few due to a 2 week lockdown the comparison is meaningless. The increase could have been due to better clashes.

Bottom line: you complained our ratings were higher than normal due to lockdown, but won't do the same for your own game.

Hypocrite much?
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:29 pm

If the sample size during lockdownnis only a few due to a 2 week lockdown the comparison is meaningless. The increase could have been due to better clashes.

Bottom line: you complained our ratings were higher than normal due to lockdown, but won't do the same for your own game.

Hypocrite much?
WTF!

i think i have stated numerous times, that NRL ratings have already slightly increased due to partial lockdown in Sydney
and will prob go higher with Hard lockdown !!

do you read what i write ???

and your sample size i agreed with, that it may and prob was better clashes over those 2 weeks
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:26 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:53 pm

this year however,

Well quarters were shorter last year which added to the rise. I'm talking about this year
back to this again..
it was not just the decrease in game time which added to increase in ratings.

I am not having this argument.. as it pointless.

i just back the Press releases via Seven Network and Fox Sports
regarding ratings last year.
which is exactly what i have claimed..

which you deny :lol: :lol: :lol:

good day sir