Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by notaleaguefan »

pussycat wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:29 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:09 pm
So your up 4.8% on last years horror season. With the Ashes on and no more Thursday games you will finish the year only slightly up on your worst season =D :roll: .
only a few rounds to go now Gollum untill finals!

do you think the NRLOL will win the ratings for any game or round in the finals series? :lol:

it hasnt done so for years, nearly every game the NRLOL has been flogged :(/
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:28 pm
Up is up dude. now if this was you, you'd be claiming GOLD GOLD GOLD for the greater increase. 1 round to go and we'd normally have a week off anyway...then finals - good luck
We don't claim gold unless we actually get it. If you add a little context AFL was massively down last year and has only slightly made up the lost ground. And with the ratings tanking recently and 3 more ashes tests to be played you could yet finish near last years depths.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:51 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:09 pm
So your up 4.8% on last years horror season. With the Ashes on and no more Thursday games you will finish the year only slightly up on your worst season =D :roll: .

do you think the NRLOL will win the ratings for any game or round in the finals series? :lol:

No, they wont win at club level this year, mot like last year. But will smash you when the ratings for the full football season is counted , just like they normally do!

I know they will have the highest rating games again this year link, just like they usually do
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:25 pm
NRL will take this weekend as well. AFL getting smashed by the Cricket in Melbourne - about twice as many viewers in Melbourne for the cricket over Sydney. Ashes killing everyone though nationally.
The Cricket on gem??? What :hmm:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

pussycat wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:23 pm
notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:51 pm

No, they wont win at club level this year, mot like last year. But will smash you when the ratings for the full football season is counted , just like they normally do!

I know they will have the highest rating games again this year link, just like they usually do
lol
the AFL will utterly smash the NRLOL during the finals series gollum like nearly every game and every year!

funny how this happens :wave:
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

These are the figures that should send shockwaves through the NRL.

And it could hurt them in the long run where it matters: in the back pocket when it comes time to negotiate a new TV deal.

People are turning off the game, abandoning rugby league in droves, in the past month in particular. Free-to-air and pay TV NRL audiences have dropped by more than 3 million compared with the same time last year.

Bad look for the game: Souths received only a fine for Sam Burgess' hit on Matt Moylan.
Bad look for the game: Souths received only a fine for Sam Burgess' hit on Matt Moylan.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

But the drop-off has been nothing short of alarming in the past month, during which a series of contentious decisions by referees, the match review committee and the judiciary have driven fans away from the game. Audiences dropped significantly in rounds 18, 19 and 20 and by a further 3 per cent last weekend even though there were two blockbuster games featuring the top four teams.

Advertisement

During the past month Viliame Kikau has been suspended for a seemingly minor late hit, Sam Burgess was freed to play despite a tackle that knocked out Matt Moylan, Jake Trbojevic escaped penalty for a dangerous tackle and Michael Gordon received a heavier fine than Burgess for leaving the field too slowly after being sin-binned.

RELATED ARTICLE
Challenge: Tigers back-rower Luke Garner.
NRL 2019
'Soft? Try playing 5 minutes': Annesley hits back at sin-bin accusers
Add to shortlist
During last weekend’s round, Luke Garner and Chris Smith were sin-binned and charged for relatively minor late hits, while Nelson Asofa-Solomona escaped sanction for what looked suspiciously like a crusher tackle in the Storm’s match against Souths. There is a growing feeling among fans that some teams are getting favoured treatment and the lower-ranked teams are not getting a fair go. It is turning fans off the game in record numbers.

If anyone needed further proof of this they only have to look across the ditch to New Zealand, where ratings are down a staggering 15 per cent this year. And, yet, through all this, the game’s administration continues to do nothing to halt the decline.

Any other business that suffered a sudden downturn of up to 13 per cent would put in place emergency measures to stop the bleeding.

But not the NRL. Their only response is that there will be a full review of the judiciary and match review committee at the end of the season – as there is every season.

RELATED ARTICLE
Major blow: Souths have lost Sam Burgess for their clash against Melbourne.
NRL 2019
The $1900 spent to free Burgess wasted with injury grounding skipper
Add to shortlist
The Australian Rugby League Commission has the task of securing the best possible broadcast deal in the coming years.

The longer they continue to sit back and let disgruntled supporters abandon the game, the less that deal will be worth.

‘‘The top three highest rating shows on free-to-air television this year are State of Origin,’’ an NRL spokesman said. ‘‘No other sport is in the top 10, and 62 of the top 100 shows on Fox Sports are NRL and NRL content. Importantly our percentage of market share continues to grow.’’
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-fi ... 52i8x.html

but but but SOO :rofl:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Talking down RL
Danny Boy .
Talking down RL ...& he works at CH 9
Lol no agenda there .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:02 pm
Lol
Talking down RL
Danny Boy .
Lol no agenda there .
Strong smell of denial :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:31 pm
Lol
Talking down RL
Danny Boy .
Lol no agenda there .
Here's a thought idiot...…..maybe check how the fumbling games ratings are going lately. There's a boy!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Why does Link highlight this section of the article????? :hmm: ?????????????????
‘‘The top three highest rating shows on free-to-air television this year are State of Origin,’’ an NRL spokesman said. ‘‘No other sport is in the top 10, and 62 of the top 100 shows on Fox Sports are NRL and NRL content. Importantly our percentage of market share continues to grow.’’

notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:45 am
notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:31 pm
Lol
Talking down RL
Danny Boy .
Lol no agenda there .
Here's a thought idiot...…..maybe check how the fumbling games ratings are going lately. There's a boy!!!!
Those reason have already been discussed and you and other fellow league loons were shown up to be idiots & hypocrites like usual!

Now back in n topic, the finals are near for both codes can’t wait to see how the nrlol performs against the afl! :lol:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

pussycat wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:28 am
Why does Link highlight this section of the article????? :hmm: ?????????????????
Lol cause he's not real bright .

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:51 pm
pussycat wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:28 am
Lol cause he's not real bright .
And all you loons do is dribble on about afl being a one trick poney :)))
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
That doesn't explain why you highlighted the bit that showed how well RL is going .
You're just not real bright at all

🤣
Xman wrote
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:35 am
pussycat wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:17 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:25 pm
NRL will take this weekend as well. AFL getting smashed by the Cricket in Melbourne - about twice as many viewers in Melbourne for the cricket over Sydney. Ashes killing everyone though nationally.
The Cricket on gem??? What :hmm:
Cricket isnt on GEM in Melbourne over the weekend, its on Nine.
Wallabies smashed anglofl in the countries biggest market too.