Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:18 am
As Pussy is arguing as per his sig that nrl is Australia’s most popular based on ratings then do we count those watching in nz to support the most popular in oz statement ?
Fred, I know you have been staggering around the jungle for months pal.....but we have had this conversation many times before. Remember your strike in/strike out tv ratings policy? The one were fumbleball always amazingly win!!!!!

Ok: once more around the goldfish bowl we go. If you compare ratings for the actual competitions you add in all the home ratings for the teams included in the comps. That would include the Warriors and NZ tv ratings.

If you're embarrassed about the AFL getting regularly thrashed you would add a caveat that you only count ratings in Australia. So their is the comparison of competition v competition and domestic ratings only v domestic ratings.

Last year the NRL thrased the AFL with Aust ratings only and no SOO or internationals. You may not remember Freddo as you sprinted into the jungle as the disaster unfolded and blocked your ears and covered your eyes.

So the fair and rational way to do it is collate both figures, as Wookie used to do, and let the punter use them as they see fit. You will strike out as many RL ratings as you can. Last year it didn't matter. But....you know.....you weren't here!!!!!!

Hope that helps!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The AFL yesterday had 3 PTV games. A FTA match - split. Not quiet 1m :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ The AFL yesterday had 3 PTV games. A FTA match - split. Not quiet 1m :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ The AFL yesterday had 3 PTV games. A FTA match - split. Not quiet 1m :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ The AFL yesterday had 3 PTV games. A FTA match - split. Not quiet 1m :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(The AFL yesterday had 3 PTV games. A FTA match - split. Not quiet 1m :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ / But But But :rock: :rock: :rock:

:cheers:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Terry wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:35 am
As Pussy is arguing as per his sig that nrl is Australia’s most popular based on ratings then do we count those watching in nz to support the most popular in oz statement ?
Fred, I know you have been staggering around the jungle for months pal.....but we have had this conversation many times before. Remember your strike in/strike out tv ratings policy? The one were fumbleball always amazingly win!!!!!

Ok: once more around the goldfish bowl we go. If you compare ratings for the actual competitions you add in all the home ratings for the teams included in the comps. That would include the Warriors and NZ tv ratings.

If you're embarrassed about the AFL getting regularly thrashed you would add a caveat that you only count ratings in Australia. So their is the comparison of competition v competition and domestic ratings only v domestic ratings.

Last year the NRL thrased the AFL with Aust ratings only and no SOO or internationals. You may not remember Freddo as you sprinted into the jungle as the disaster unfolded and blocked your ears and covered your eyes.

So the fair and rational way to do it is collate both figures, as Wookie used to do, and let the punter use them as they see fit. You will strike out as many RL ratings as you can. Last year it didn't matter. But....you know.....you weren't here!!!!!!

Hope that helps!!!

Or better still why doesn't Fred just count ratings on Friday night like LOL's does :thumbleft:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:57 am
The AFL yesterday had 3 PTV games. A FTA match - split. Not quiet 1m :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ The AFL yesterday had 3 PTV games. A FTA match - split. Not quiet 1m :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ The AFL yesterday had 3 PTV games. A FTA match - split. Not quiet 1m :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ The AFL yesterday had 3 PTV games. A FTA match - split. Not quiet 1m :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(The AFL yesterday had 3 PTV games. A FTA match - split. Not quiet 1m :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ / But But But :rock: :rock: :rock:

2 were non-prime time which always rate lower.

Question: why have the AFL averaged lower ratings than the NRL on Foxtel for Thursday and Friday games but still rated more when FTA is included?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:57 am

WTF is this post? The FTA ratings are for Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane only, and exclude regionals?

How about we exclude regionals and Brisbane from the NRL's FTA ratings and we'll all have a good belly laugh. Sydney, Melb, Adel and Perth would be luck to crack 250k for most FTA games combined :lol:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Hope that helps!!!

Yeah ... just saying if using ratings to boast popularity in Australia then I’m sure you’d agree we can only count those rating from Australia.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

📺 Saturday night #AFLTigersSwans
*Not broadcast in SA & WA*
•Metro + regional: 474k
-Metro: 318k
>Syd: 73k
>Melb: 216k
>Bris: 28k (7mate)
-Regional: 156k
>Nth NSW: 25k
>Sth NSW: 39k
>VIC: 65k

+ 206k Fox

= 680k without Perth and Adelaide on FTA
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:24 pm

Hope that helps!!!

Yeah ... just saying if using ratings to boast popularity in Australia then I’m sure you’d agree we can only count those rating from Australia.
Please re-read above. All has been answered.......again!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I seems re: judging which Is the most popular sport in Australia using ratings ... we agree. :). Good job knew you’d see it that way. It makes sense.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

LIVE: NRL EELS V TIGERS FOX LEAGUE

LIVE: AFL HAWTHORN V GEELONG FOX FOOTY

But, But, But

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
I'm sure we will get the usual fishbowl rundown .some crap about
overlap
Scheduling.
Perth viewing times
Or whatever the latest excuse is
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:53 am
LIVE: NRL EELS V TIGERS FOX LEAGUE

LIVE: AFL HAWTHORN V GEELONG FOX FOOTY

But, But, But
The AFL rated nearly 900k :lol:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

We are comparing STV ratings .
Try to keep up
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

LIVE: NRL RAIDERS V BRONCOS FOX LEAGUE
LIVE: NRL TITANS V KNIGHTS FOX LEAGUE

= 405k

2 LIVE: AFL ADELAIDE V GOLD COAST FOX FOOTY

3 LIVE: AFL WESTERN BULLDOGS V CARLTON FOX FOOTY

= 378k

But, But, But

55000- 11

But But But

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:05 am
We are comparing STV ratings .
Try to keep up
So you are comparing a match that was exclusive to fox to one that was simulcast.....

idiot