Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:00 am
Fred wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:40 am
Damn .... didn’t have that in my “excuse bingo”.

So at least we agree that afl is a more valuable product.
Well Freddo, I suspect we'll all be heading off to the 'ol goldfish bowl with ya again pal!!!! Every issue has been bought up & dealt with in the past. Including advertising opportunities in your mess as opposed to RL. You call them 'excuses'. I call them legitimate facts. And in we go.........stroke.......stroke.........stroke!!!!!!!

Yes... it was tongue in cheek lol.

But seriously ... for whatever reason... it appears the afl package is more valuable than the nrl/arl combined package. Yes?
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:23 pm
pussycat wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:06 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:16 am

one day you people will learn that Fox isnt based on ratings or advertising. Its sub based.
Ratings give the best indication of how many' s watching. You know, the people who buy subscriptions. NRL avg many more than AFL.

And yes advertising does help because they advertise during the breaks.
Ratings tell us how many people have their tvs on, tells us nothing about people watching multiple matches, or unique watchers. The line between Fox ratings and Fox subscribers is tenuous at best, and misleading at worst.
The neworks - the people who spend millions on this each year, people like fox, wouldn't agree. someone switching between channels is hardly a viewer.

Pubs and clubs usually have there tv sets on . According to Oz Tam they aren't counted in there surveys, and theres a heck of a lot more pubs and clubs in League states.

There is 50 thousand difference between our averages - the People unable to work out what this means must be very confused.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:26 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:49 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:15 am

No your competition is focussed on 3 games that arent even part of your actual competition.
Are you implying this is somehow a negative?? In any case the NRL comp is not focussed on 3 games except when the 3 games are played. 90% of the season it is focussed on club V club. And the fact RL has 3 tiers of the game is a massive advantage. I know you do not understand this as your fave game doesn't have extra dimensions. In your view the AFL set up is better........because it's......ummm........AFL!!!!
Im my view? please point out where ive said anything like that you fruitcake.
Gee I dunno cupcake!!!!!!!! It seems every time you post it's either lauding AFL or bagging RL. So you know.........there's that!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:56 pm
Fred wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:40 am
Damn .... didn’t have that in my “excuse bingo”.

So at least we agree that afl is a more valuable product.
Well Freddo, I suspect we'll all be heading off to the 'ol goldfish bowl with ya again pal!!!! Every issue has been bought up & dealt with in the past. Including advertising opportunities in your mess as opposed to RL. You call them 'excuses'. I call them legitimate facts. And in we go.........stroke.......stroke.........stroke!!!!!!!

But seriously ... for whatever reason... it appears the afl package is more valuable than the nrl/arl combined package. Yes?
Actually no Freddy! At this stage it's not known as the NRL did not release specific details of its deal. And PVL said the numbers quoted were not correct. You folk will just say he's lying of course. Also the NRL has extended it's Fox deal whereas the AFL has not and it's the reverse for the FTA deals. So it will remain unknown until all new deals are completed.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:54 pm
pussycat wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:22 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:23 pm

Ratings tell us how many people have their tvs on, tells us nothing about people watching multiple matches, or unique watchers. The line between Fox ratings and Fox subscribers is tenuous at best, and misleading at worst.
The neworks - the people who spend millions on this each year, people like fox, wouldn't agree. someone switching between channels is hardly a viewer.

Pubs and clubs usually have there tv sets on . According to Oz Tam they aren't counted in there surveys, and theres a heck of a lot more pubs and clubs in League states.

There is 50 thousand difference between our averages - the People unable to work out what this means must be very confused.
Or they arent leaping to assumptions based on data that simply isnt available instead of using a measure that is irrelevant to the medium

but, but, but, You really do seem to be picking up the lingo Wookie

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Actually no Freddy! At this stage it's not known as the NRL did not release specific details of its deal. And PVL said the numbers quoted were not correct.
Yeah well he would say that wouldn’t he lol
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:49 am
Terry wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Actually no Freddy! At this stage it's not known as the NRL did not release specific details of its deal. And PVL said the numbers quoted were not correct.
Yeah well he would say that wouldn’t he lol
Yeah, well you would say that he would say that wouldn't you lol!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So in another post it was stating that if you look at the afl deal the nrl schooled the afl.... how do we know this if the nrl deal with fox isn’t known ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

AFL dominating again with the NRL failing to make the Top 20 with just 256,000 viewers across Channel 9 and GEM according to TV Tonight.

More shocking is a Rugby Union match from NZ rating better than the NRL. Oh dear :shock:

Sunday

SEVEN’S AFL: SUNDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL Seven Network 445,000 63,000 243,000 36,000 49,000 55,000

LIVE: AFL SYDNEY V ESSENDON FOX FOOTY 255,000

LIVE: AFL ST KILDA V WESTERN BULLDOGS FOX FOOTY 219,000
LIVE: AFL GWS V NORTH MELBOURNE FOX FOOTY 125,000

LIVE: NRL: BULLDOGS V ROOSTERS FOX LEAGUE 243,000
LIVE: NRL: DRAGONS V SHARKS FOX LEAGUE 37,000

LIVE: RUGBY: BLUES V HURRICANES FOX SPORTS 505 41,000

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/06/sunday ... -2020.html

EDIT: some kind of reporting issue at TV Tonight. Dragons vs Sharks on Fox was 243,000
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Wait for it.... excuse bingo.

The weather

Transport

Teams playing not a good combination

The AFL conspired with the ratings people to meddle with the ratings figures

SoO ..... pick a reason but anything related to SoO as an excuse.

People in nsw doing other things than sitting at home.

I’m sure there is more so will await.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Theres a mix up there somewhere Beau. The Roosters play tonight after the virus scare. I would say the STG/Cron got 243k.

Though, yeah they are pretty good numbers for the AFL...Well apart frow GWS's game. :(/

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:05 am
AFL dominating again with the NRL failing to make the Top 20 with just 256,000 viewers across Channel 9 and GEM according to TV Tonight.

More shocking is a Rugby Union match from NZ rating better than the NRL. Oh dear :shock:

Sunday

SEVEN’S AFL: SUNDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL Seven Network 445,000 63,000 243,000 36,000 49,000 55,000

LIVE: AFL SYDNEY V ESSENDON FOX FOOTY 255,000

LIVE: AFL ST KILDA V WESTERN BULLDOGS FOX FOOTY 219,000
LIVE: AFL GWS V NORTH MELBOURNE FOX FOOTY 125,000

LIVE: NRL: BULLDOGS V ROOSTERS FOX LEAGUE 243,000
LIVE: NRL: DRAGONS V SHARKS FOX LEAGUE 37,000

LIVE: RUGBY: BLUES V HURRICANES FOX SPORTS 505 41,000

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/06/sunday ... -2020.html
Ummmmmmm.......beatup...........you might wanna check ya numbers there pal!!!!!! You're makin' a fool outta yaself lolololololol!!!!!!! This is oh so beatup lololololol!!!!!!!!! NZ rugby beats NRL lolololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What ya been on beatup??????? The goooonnn? The weeeeddddd????? Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!! Lolololololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Sunday afternoon:

Swans/Bombers 876k (metro 446k, reg 175k, Fox 255k)
#NRLDragonsSharks 692,000 Nine 449,000 (Metro 256,000 Regional 193,000) Fox League 243,000

So the AFL win a single game v single game on Sunday by nearly 200k. What's with that tossball fans? I thought the AFL only dominated Thursdays, Fridays and finals.... :-k :hmm:
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Beaussie (Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:31 am)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:27 pm
So in another post it was stating that if you look at the afl deal the nrl schooled the afl.... how do we know this if the nrl deal with fox isn’t known ?
It's the vibe Freddy. Plus the chap who wrote the article about Peter The Great schooling Gilty has an honest face!!!!! You heard it hear first!!!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:19 am
Theres a mix up there somewhere Beau. The Roosters play tonight after the virus scare. I would say the STG/Cron got 243k.
Yep post above now edited. :thumbleft: