Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:16 pm
FFS . Now using the Big Bang .
Jesus
We are talking live sport ..people know when their team plays .
They watch no matter what station .
Unless your a dopey fumblefan who can't work a remote .
Well all Big Bang fans obviously dont know how to use a remote either :roll: Idiot!

I used Big bang theory because Pussy incorrectly claimed the only reason the main and secondary channels rate differently is the quality of the programs. Facts have shown that is clearly not the case.

So can we now agree that the main channel rates far higher than the secondary channel for similar content?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:14 pm
Stop cherry picking reds that you think support your pathetic arguments .
Only one fact in all this
GOLD....RL

Silver Aflol
So you have no explanation why the same sport with the same opponents at the same time of day rate 50% different when one is shown on fox footy and one on fox 3.

You dont even want to hazard a guess? Well I can tell you why and there are many many more examples too.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Gold gold gold,

I refuse to go round the fishbowl with you .
Gold gold gold .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:50 pm
Gold gold gold,

I refuse to go round the fishbowl with you .
Gold gold gold .
Haha,

he's forfeited. He can't even discuss the topic if facts are involved. Thanks for playing :rofl:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:05 pm
I've reviewed all fox ratings for this year which shows some pretty startling results. I'll post more in the coming days but here is an example I'd love you guys to explain:

Essendon played against the hawks in round 20 at 1.45pm on a Saturday and got ratings of 239k on fox footy.
They also played the hawks in round 7 at 2pm on Saturday and only got ratings of 125k on Fox3.

How is round 7 nearly 50% less despite being shown at essentially the same time?

Any ideas?
The Rd 7 match was the usual one sided crap AFL match while the Rd 20 match was a thriller that went right down to the wire ..... It wasn't that hard to figure that one out. Well over 150 games of a Saturday and Sunday and you Cherry pick through the results till you come up with one that suits.

As for your Big Bang theory, When were they shown? Where both episodes the same? what was the situation? how do you know they were both repeats????

more cherry picking :-k

And the big question is , If a person wants to watch the footy how does this make it harder? ??????????????????????

Seriously, get help!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:39 pm
The Rd 7 match was the usual one sided crap AFL match while the Rd 20 match was a thriller that went right down to the wire ..... It wasn't that hard to figure that one out.

Wrong again.

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/7/ess-v-haw
Essendon lead up until after half time then Hawthorn made a stunning comeback in the 3rd quarter. Essendon challenged again in the last quarter but eventually lost by less than 4 goals which is still pretty close.

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/20/haw-v-ess
Round 20 was similar in that Essendon lead by 4 goals with half a quarter remaining but Hawthorn kicked some late goals to make it close

These results do not warrant 50% difference in audience. How many times do you see 1mil for a close game on Friday night then only 500k for a game that was decided by 3 goals more.

No, there are factors at play, and the score line isnt one of them.
Well over 150 games of a Saturday and Sunday and you Cherry pick through the results till you come up with one that suits.
It's one of many examples. There's a clear pattern which blows your BS out of the water
As for your Big Bang theory, When were they shown? Where both episodes the same? what was the situation? how do you know they were both repeats????
Big bang theory is on in the evening. Both Ch9 and 9GO! currently show replays. In fact big bang theory on Ch9 is shown after 9pm while 9GO! is on at a viewer-friendly 7pm. yet the 9pm program doubled Gem in ratings. https://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/tomorrow/

And the big question is , If a person wants to watch the footy how does this make it harder? ??????????????????????
It's a pattern followed on every network, people still predominantly watch the main channels. Yes, AFL fans will know to switch over, but occasional viewers will not, and these are the fans that make up a large proportion of ratings. This is why games like the GF's get so many more viewers, occasional viewers. It's not hard to understand. Well maybe for you dunces it is.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Rd 7

ESSENDON found trouble all day – mostly because of its penchant for handball – but an all-too-familiar problem proved the Bombers' downfall on Saturday.

Not once in 2018 had Essendon won a third term, an ugly theme that added another chapter at the MCG.

Hawthorn trailed the Bombers by seven points at half-time, but piled on six goals to none in the third quarter to firmly snatch control on its way to a 13.12 (90) to 10.7 (67) victory.

They are the competition's only side not to win a third quarter, and to add insult to injury the sixth of those Hawks' goals, from Tom Mitchell, shouldn't have counted, with the siren having already sounded.

...................................................................................................................
rd 20
THERE wasn't a line-in-the-sand moment, but Hawthorn might have drawn a line through Essendon's finals chances with a four-point victory at the MCG on Saturday.

A seesawing battle with violent momentum changes stuck in the Hawks' favour just long enough for them to deny the Bombers' last-gasp fightback.

HAWKS HOLD ON Full match coverage and stats

But ultimately it was sixth-gamer James Worpel's clutch goal in the final minute – after keeping his feet in a contest with dual All Australian Michael Hurley – that proved the difference.

Travis Colyer responded quickly with a long-range major with barely 10 seconds on the clock that cut the deficit to four points again, only for Hawthorn to win the resultant clearance.

WATCH The thrilling final two minutes

Do you have a phone number you'd like me to ring for you?
Last edited by pussycat on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

More examples
Evening movies:
JASON BOURNE Nine 421,000 122,000 133,000 68,000 48,000 49,000
BACK TO THE FUTURE III -EV 9GO! 161,000 25,000 53,000 36,000 23,000 25,000
M- THOR: THE DARK WORLD-PM 7mate 154,000 49,000 51,000 21,000 17,000 17,000

Movies on 9 rate well over double movies on second channels
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:44 pm
Rd 7

ESSENDON found trouble all day – mostly because of its penchant for handball – but an all-too-familiar problem proved the Bombers' downfall on Saturday.

Not once in 2018 had Essendon won a third term, an ugly theme that added another chapter at the MCG.

Hawthorn trailed the Bombers by seven points at half-time, but piled on six goals to none in the third quarter to firmly snatch control on its way to a 13.12 (90) to 10.7 (67) victory.

They are the competition's only side not to win a third quarter, and to add insult to injury the sixth of those Hawks' goals, from Tom Mitchell, shouldn't have counted, with the siren having already sounded.

...................................................................................................................
rd 20
THERE wasn't a line-in-the-sand moment, but Hawthorn might have drawn a line through Essendon's finals chances with a four-point victory at the MCG on Saturday.

A seesawing battle with violent momentum changes stuck in the Hawks' favour just long enough for them to deny the Bombers' last-gasp fightback.

HAWKS HOLD ON Full match coverage and stats

But ultimately it was sixth-gamer James Worpel's clutch goal in the final minute – after keeping his feet in a contest with dual All Australian Michael Hurley – that proved the difference.

Travis Colyer responded quickly with a long-range major with barely 10 seconds on the clock that cut the deficit to four points again, only for Hawthorn to win the resultant clearance.

WATCH The thrilling final two minutes

It could have been so different for Worpel, who was dubiously caught holding the ball shortly before his sealer, as part of a sequence that resulted in the second of three straight Essendon goals.

Liam Shiels had won a free kick for a tackle on Bomber David Zaharakis, with Worpel initially taking the advantage then opting not to – but the umpire believed his change of heart came too late.

Alastair Clarkson's Hawks suddenly sit comfortably inside the top eight, with the 16.11 (107) to 16.7 (103) triumph in front of 68,857 baying fans placing them in the race for the top four.

"We worked our way back from tough positions on at least two, possibly three occasions throughout the course of the game, which is fantastic for the resilience of this group," Clarkson said.

"It's particularly pleasing that we've got some leaders who can correct the manner in which the game's being played.

"We've also got some young players who understand that just because you're down by two or three goals, the game's not shot for you."

The Bombers now must win all of their final three matches and rely on other results if they expect to be part of the September action.

It was their sixth defeat in seven starts at the home of Australian football in 2018, whereas Hawthorn improved to 6-2.

GODDARD'S COSTLY BLUNDER Five talking points

Worpel was the hero, but the brilliant Jack Gunston (24 disposals, eight marks and five goals) was central to every other Hawks uprising.

Gunston provided what seemed one of the final daggers when he steered through his fifth goal after clutching a third mark inside 50 to send Hawthorn a game-high 21 points clear in the fourth term.

Only minutes earlier he smashed through his fourth with a toe poke on the goalline.

Gunston was also there when the Hawks needed an early spark, after Alastair Clarkson's men conceded the game's first three goals.

His incredible awareness and skill to maneuver a kick over his left shoulder to Ricky Henderson set up Hawthorn's first goal and ignited the brown and gold challenge.

There will also be further discussion about Tom Mitchell's grasp on the Brownlow Medal, with the gluttonous ball-winner racking up 29 of his 43 touches in a magnificent opening half.

Mitchell rounded out his afternoon with 13 clearances and seven inside 50s, opposed predominantly by injury-hampered Essendon skipper Dyson Heppell, whose disposal let him down.

The 25-year-old has won 40 or more possessions in four straight matches.

Ben Stratton (11 marks) was a tower of strength down back in another reminder of his value to this Hawks outfit, while Jaeger O'Meara (30, seven clearances) provided Mitchell with his greatest midfield ally.

Unheralded quartet Henderson, Harry Morrison, Blake Hardwick and reborn defender Teia Miles also made telling contributions.

The Bombers' brave bid to rescue a season that looked as good as over at 2-6 through eight rounds is back on life support.

Do you have a phone number you'd like me to ring for you?
Thanks but I'd already read that. What's your point exactly?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

M- SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN Seven Network 267,000 62,000 85,000 46,000 34,000 40,000

M- CINDERELLA Seven Network 410,000 119,000 99,000 83,000 46,000 63,000

SULLY -EV 9GO! 132,000 30,000 46,000 28,000 13,000 15,000

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/11/saturd ... -2018.html
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Time for another fun facts.

My claim has continually been that matches shown exclusively to Fox rate more on fox than matches shown simulcast with FTA. Here's the proof:

NRL's average fox ratings for games on Thursday rate 231k. On Friday they rate 239k.

On Saturday prime time fox rates 283k when not simulcast on FTA

Claim confirmed
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Here's some more interesting facts:

AFL games on Saturday are shown on foxfooty and usually overlap another game on Fox3.

The average ratings for an AFL game on Foxfooty at 1pm is 172k. Note that the average NRL game on Saturday afternoon rates 175k and these are exclusive to fox, compete against no other NRL game, and start 1.5 to 2 hours later.

The average ratings for an AFL game on Fox 3 starting between 2pm to 3.30pm is only 96k

Wookie alluded to this in another thread but I didnt appreciate the importance. Games on Fox 3 rate significantly lower than on Fox footy. This is why my previous example of Ess v Hawthorn is interesting. On Foxfooty it rated 239 in round 20 at 1pm. Then on Fox 3 it rated only 125k on Fox 3 at 2pm. Both games overlapped another game

Here's another example: Mel v Adel rnd 19 at 7.30 on Sat rated 216k on Foxfooty. In rnd 10 At 3.30pm on Sunday it rated only 125k on Fox 3.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

brisbane v nth round 20 at 3.30pm Sat rated 59k on Fox 3 and in round 11 at 1pm on Sunday it rated 120k on Fox footy
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

On Saturday night games on Foxfooty rate 178k. The matches on at the same time on fox rate 94k.

So not only are AFL ratings substantially lower because of concurrent games they're also because games are on fox 3
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

More fun facts.

The AFL had 4 games shown in isolation on Sunday (not shown against another AFL game) which rated an average of 276k. The NRL's average fox ratings for Sunday is only about 225k

Hmmmmm