Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

I think we all agree the figures do not compare line for like with often there being two afl games playing concurrently. In saying that, that is the product afl have and how it is sold. If we are to use a business analogy than I would say which gets paid more... that is the afl. Now we can go down the nrl has less adds, is shorter... etc.....just as they do with concurrent games, up against fta etc. but you will all go around in circles for years. Both sides put their arguments and both fail to see the other side.... and we have both sides perpetuating the gold fish bowl with each unable to understand how the other doesn’t see their point of view.

So as a product .... afl is more valuable . Tv rights, sponsorship, crowds ...it brings on much more money.

Ratings...with soo bring a jugernaught the nrl/arl win this on cumulative for the year. If it is a finals series, grand final, Friday, Thursday night ... the afl generally win this. But over nrl/arl win cumulative. However, tv rights see the advertisers valuing afl far more. If you want to advertise on a Friday night game and reach a broad national audience ... then you go to the afl as a rule. Of course we then get a preference to break things down into chunks and nuisances from rl people...but in line with keeping things simple ... let’s continue with overall totals. Of course, soo would be the one arl thing you would want to get an add on outside of home and away games or finals.

As for most popular. How do you measure this? Mamt metrics but to keep it simple ... in most of new (excluding southern nsw) and Qld ... rl is most popular. In the rest of the country ... Australian Rules.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:57 am
I think we all agree the figures do not compare line for like with often there being two afl games playing concurrently. In saying that, that is the product afl have and how it is sold. If we are to use a business analogy than I would say which gets paid more... that is the afl. Now we can go down the nrl has less adds, is shorter... etc.....just as they do with concurrent games, up against fta etc. but you will all go around in circles for years. Both sides put their arguments and both fail to see the other side.... and we have both sides perpetuating the gold fish bowl with each unable to understand how the other doesn’t see their point of view.

So as a product .... afl is more valuable . Tv rights, sponsorship, crowds ...it brings on much more money.

Ratings...with soo bring a jugernaught the nrl/arl win this on cumulative for the year. If it is a finals series, grand final, Friday, Thursday night ... the afl generally win this. But over nrl/arl win cumulative. However, tv rights see the advertisers valuing afl far more. If you want to advertise on a Friday night game and reach a broad national audience ... then you go to the afl as a rule. Of course we then get a preference to break things down into chunks and nuisances from rl people...but in line with keeping things simple ... let’s continue with overall totals. Of course, soo would be the one arl thing you would want to get an add on outside of home and away games or finals.

As for most popular. How do you measure this? Mamt metrics but to keep it simple ... in most of new (excluding southern nsw) and Qld ... rl is most popular. In the rest of the country ... Australian Rules.
You're getting close Frederico.............not spot on but close my friend. For that I must congratulate you. God knows it is incredibly hard to break outta the bubble and think objectively.

A couple of matters though: Both sides do indeed put 'their arguments'. One side though is blind and cannot see the other side. That is the fumbling side. The ones in the bubble. The perpetual gold fish bowl dwellers.

RL folk see both sides and are intelligent common sense folk !!!! Salt of the earth true blue great Australians. The other side.............well..........what can ya say..............delusional!!!!!!!

The other point Freddy boy is broadcast value. Which code gets the best value is debatable. There are many factors that go into it. Both sides do very well for what they've got. At the end of the day the relative value is so close that I would call it a draw.

That's what ya call balanced commentary Freddy. You're getting close but still have a way to go. Stick to it though pal. You are ever so slowly getting slightly better day by day!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:32 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:18 pm

A couple of matters though: Both sides do indeed put 'their arguments'. One side though is blind and cannot see the other side. That is the fumbling side. The ones in the bubble. The perpetual gold fish bowl dwellers.
Dont think your outside of your own bubble of wankers. You arent.
RL folk see both sides and are intelligent common sense folk !!!! Salt of the earth true blue great Australians. The other side.............well..........what can ya say..............delusional!!!!!!!
As opposed to you lot carrying on like fuckwits. I wonder where AFLCrap is these days....
The other point Freddy boy is broadcast value. Which code gets the best value is debatable.
Not according to the people laying out the money. And thats been fairly consistent since 2002. In fact its been fairly consistent since the late 80s aside from two years at the end of the 90s. And its not in the NRLs favour.
There are many factors that go into it.
Sure theres other factors. Theres one major over-riding factor, its cash.
That's what ya call balanced commentary Freddy.
Well thats a fucking laugh.
You're getting close but still have a way to go. Stick to it though pal. You are ever so slowly getting slightly better day by day!!!!
You remain one of the biggest tools on this site.
Well Wookster old mate................you probably won't be surprised that I disagree with every ranting opinion you have. For opinion it surely is. But you're allowed to have it of course. But because you have it don't mean it's right.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Like two great minds sparring & jabbing & looking for an opening lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:27 pm
pussycat wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:24 pm

And this year, 4 ?

But how many matches will the AFL , in its little one track competition have that will get 3m? ?? Ooh, just one :(/ :(/ :(/
And this year is 7 fucking rounds in for the AFL, to 10 rounds for the NRL and the AFl leads 7-3 in the million+ ratings. Its another 5-3 in ratings over 900k+,

I mean we could try and put all our eggs in the Origin basket and then whinge when the other comp gets more money for some weird reason - like maybe 3 matches dont outweight 26 other weekends of the year where you get outrated. Not least because its a Nine thing and the FTA ratings are in the fucking toilet
You might want to hold your fire Wookster. SOO isn't on till November. Probably start muzzling the gun around Sept. It's a bit too early to go off at the mo!!!!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

And this year, 4 ?

But how many matches will the AFL , in its little one track competition have that will get 3m? ?? Ooh, just one :(/ :(/ :(/
And this year is 7 fucking rounds in for the AFL, to 10 rounds for the NRL and the AFl leads 7-3 in the million+ ratings. Its another 5-3 in ratings over 900k+,

I mean we could try and put all our eggs in the Origin basket and then whinge when the other comp gets more money for some weird reason - like maybe 3 matches dont outweight 26 other weekends of the year where you get outrated. Not least because its a Nine thing and the FTA ratings are in the fucking toilet

Its the exact opposite! we don't whinge nor do we put all our eggs in one basket.

What do you mean try? You had a try at pretty much everything already, then once you fail you make out that you never tried or some other excuse. Youve tried and failed at Origin before . Didn't your lot have a try at Origin just lately , How did that work out ? just Zooper irish rules :wink:

Our season is not just a club season. Tests, Origin and our club matches - they outweigh you and they out rate you!

Yes our FTA ratings are pretty shit at the moment , just as yours were 2 years ago. And don't forget your PTV ratings -the place were the majority of your broadcast money comes from is also in the shit!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:39 pm

And this year, 4 ?

Its the exact opposite! we don't whinge nor do we put all our eggs in one basket.

What do you mean try? You had a try at pretty much everything already, then once you fail you make out that you never tried or some other excuse. Youve tried and failed at Origin before . Didn't your lot have a try at Origin just lately , How did that work out ? just Zooper irish rules :wink:

Our season is not just a club season. Tests, Origin and our club matches - they outweigh you and they out rate you!

Yes our FTA ratings are pretty shit at the moment , just as yours were 2 years ago. And don't forget your PTV ratings -the place were the majority of your broadcast money comes from is also in the shit!
I agree, our FTA numbers aren't great. But geez how bad is 9's coverage! It's truly woeful. They desperately need to poach some of Fox's commentators. Vossy and Warren Smith absolutely crap all over 9's blokes. I can't see how Hugh Marks can't see this but nothing ever changes.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The Aleague Sydney V Wellington rated 12k on Fox last night. That ain't good!!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:08 am
Terry wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:06 am
NlolRL wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:57 am
Here's why the NRL isnt ahead on TV:
FRIDAY NIGHT NRL LIVE Channel 9 338,000 182,000 8,000 140,000 6,000 2,000

Prime time NRL rated a mere 182k in Australia's biggest city, and 8k in the second biggest city. In fact the AFL in Melbourne easily outrated the NRL in metro Australia.

SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Channel 7 619,000 25,000 408,000 22,000 88,000 76,000
Please read and re-read previous posts pal. It's all been explained. Over and over and over. Year after year you and your fumbling mates go like dogs back to your vomit!!!!!! Every year you are proved wrong!!!!!! It's tiring and boring and intellectually vacant.

Please be better!!!!!!!!!!!
thatnks Terry for repeating what you always do, ignoring the facts. NRL struggles to match the AFL on everything except STV which skews the yearly total. You'll never admit it even though it's plainly obvious.

But back on topic, how about addressing the NRL rating 180k on Friday prime time! :lol:

Unfortunetely this is Terry”s tactic.. a typical troll response of cherry picking things to talk or argue about. He often repeats himself then accuses the others of doing exactly what he does. It’s a classic Trumpian ploy... accuse others of what you are accusssed of. He will ignore points made and focus in on some distracting and usually irrelevant point. Watch his posts. His faux intellectualism quickly comes undone when faced with genuine arguements. Something he probably wasn’t used to as a publican talking to drunkards.... king amongst fools lol
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:24 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:08 am
Terry wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:06 am

Please read and re-read previous posts pal. It's all been explained. Over and over and over. Year after year you and your fumbling mates go like dogs back to your vomit!!!!!! Every year you are proved wrong!!!!!! It's tiring and boring and intellectually vacant.

Please be better!!!!!!!!!!!
thatnks Terry for repeating what you always do, ignoring the facts. NRL struggles to match the AFL on everything except STV which skews the yearly total. You'll never admit it even though it's plainly obvious.

But back on topic, how about addressing the NRL rating 180k on Friday prime time! :lol:

Unfortunetely this is Terry”s tactic.. a typical troll response of cherry picking things to talk or argue about. He often repeats himself then accuses the others of doing exactly what he does. It’s a classic Trumpian ploy... accuse others of what you are accusssed of. He will ignore points made and focus in on some distracting and usually irrelevant point. Watch his posts. His faux intellectualism quickly comes undone when faced with genuine arguements. Something he probably wasn’t used to as a publican talking to drunkards.... king amongst fools lol
Geez Freddy what's goin' on pal?? I complimented ya a few posts ago and now you've flicked the switch to sooky lala attack mode lololololol!!!!! Calm down pal. I realise my fact/evidence based posting triggers you guys. But let's just have an exchange of critical thinking without the vitriol and insults. It'll make for a far better place!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Ok, some of the luverly folk here seem worried that the RL game last night rated 182k in Sydney on FTA. So let's get some perspective. Yes, that is lower than Peter The Great and Huge Marks would want.

But outside the news broadcasts it was the 2nd highest rating Sydney show of the night and won it's time slot in the lands best, most sophisticated city. So not all doom and gloom folks.

Obviously the lopsided scoreline had an effect on last nights ratings. As does 9's hopeless commentary. If they want bigger ratings I suggest they improve their offering.

I hope this beautifully articulated post keeps the kind adversarial folk here educated and informed. Please let me know if there is anything more I can help you with.

Cheers!!!!!!

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/07/friday ... -2020.html
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:10 pm
pussycat wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Like hell? Its Origin or bust

Origi n is just another of our options. The problem is you Southerns are jealous as all hell of it. You can't match it so you like to pretend it doesn't exist.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:03 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:35 pm

You might want to hold your fire Wookster. SOO isn't on till November. Probably start muzzling the gun around Sept. It's a bit too early to go off at the mo!!!!!!!
Ill treat everything you say with the utter contempt it deserves.
Thank you Wookster my dear friend!!!! I understand that as your level of vitriol rises so does your respect and admiration for my opinions and musings. It's like Ali V Frazier...............two heavy weights slugging it out!!!!!!!!!!!! And after the bout we hug and have a drink and get on with life!!!!

Well done my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:34 pm
I have literally no respect or admiration for anything you've fucking written. I wouldnt drink with you if you were the last person on earth.

At any stage of any given day Im seconds away from banning you for being the flog you are.
Thanks Wooks!!!! The admiration and mutual respect just grows and grows. And please pal, if at any stage you feel so inadequate or ill equipped to deal with me just go ahead and take the easy option................ban me. It's the cowards way out.......but it would work for you!!!!!!!

So in anticipation...............good bye dear RL friends. You are indeed salt of the earth great Australians. And to my fumbling adversaries...........I wish you all the best.............I bring you no ill will..........I feel both empathy and sympathy for your cause.......as lame as it is.

And dear Wooks..............lighten up pal.......we're talking about sport not .......ummm.........ah.....forget it lolololololol!!!!

All the best folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:06 pm
I have literally no respect or admiration for anything you've fucking written. I wouldnt drink with you if you were the last person on earth.

At any stage of any given day Im seconds away from banning you for being the flog you are.
Thanks Wooks!!!! The admiration and mutual respect just grows and grows. And please pal, if at any stage you feel so inadequate or ill equipped to deal with me just go ahead and take the easy option................ban me. It's the cowards way out.......but it would work for you!!!!!!!

So in anticipation...............good bye dear RL friends. You are indeed salt of the earth great Australians. And to my fumbling adversaries...........I wish you all the best.............I bring you no ill will..........I feel both empathy and sympathy for your cause.......as lame as it is.

And dear Wooks..............lighten up pal.......we're talking about sport not .......ummm.........ah.....forget it lolololololol!!!!

you come accross as a condescending wanker in every post you make. You are merely copping the vitriol you deserve
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:17 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:06 pm

you come accross as a condescending wanker in every post you make. You are merely copping the vitriol you deserve
Thank you my friend. Strangely I disagree with your assessment ..............lollolololololollllllllll...............who woulda known......!!!!!! I find fumbling fans a ummmmmmmmmm.............tad.......lets say different llolololol!!!!!!

Good luck to you and yours. I can only wish you good will. Well done pal!!!!