Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

notaleaguefan wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:17 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:08 pm
1 game was over 30 mins in

26 - 0

the other game went deep into the 4th quarter.
But but but
Isn’t the code with all the lop sided games and finals the afl so you loons keep telling us! :wave:
i did not say anything like that, my opinion only...

no but but but... Just fact fact fact...

with your best knowledge of sport and watching experience..

answer this for me dear kind sir...

Would a game after 30 mins 26-0 (which is game over)
be more or less exciting than a game that went down to the last 5mins ?

I will not return serve.. your answer is final..
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

notaleaguefan wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:14 am
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:50 am
Gws 54k on main channel in Sydney. Whoopi Goldberg in sister act ii 69k on ten.
Didn’t the Minnowbourne Storm only rate 15k in Melbourne :))) and only attract 20k to the game :lol:

No competition at all

Thickshit
97k in Melbourne. Higher than Anglofl match in Sydney this year.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

quite big figures out of the GWS v Lions Game...

national audience of 951k
plus FOX ..
Crowd 30k
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Last night's #NRLStormRaiders Final had a national average audience of 759,000 (5 City: 479,000 / Regional: 280,000) on
@Channel9

Plus an additional national average audience of 314,000 via Fox League channel.

= 1,073mill

so far the best game of finals series by a long shot>>
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Sat NRL Elimination Final
Sea Eagles v Sharks
National: 841,000 (peak: 1.097m)
Nine/GEM: 585,000 (5 City: 358,000 / Regional: 227,000)
Fox League: 256,000

(WOMENS)

Sat NRLW
Roosters v Warriors
National: 202,000 (peak: 321,000)
Nine/GEM: 140,000 (5 City: 80,000 / Regional: 60,000)
Fox League: 62,000
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Gees, just 7,000 audience for the NRL final between Manly and Cronulla in Melbourne. Was that game on Channel 9 or GEM in Melbourne? Eeek :shock:

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Compared to the afl games ratings in Sydney where no Sydney team. 7000... that’s 2 people with a set top box watching roughly.
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

SEVEN’S AFL: SATURDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL FINALS – PRE MATCH - Channel 7 - 450,000 76,000 190,000 98,000 59,000 26,000

SEVEN’S AFL: SATURDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL FINALS - Channel 7 - 723,000 54,000 354,000 112,000 103,000 100,000

SEVEN’S AFL: SATURDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL FINALS – POST MATCH - Channel 7 - 567,000 45,000 275,000 86,000 81,000 81,000

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/09/saturd ... -2019.html
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Fred wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:22 pm
Compared to the afl games ratings in Sydney where no Sydney team. 7000... that’s 2 people with a set top box watching roughly.
97k for storm in Melbourne. No Anglofl match has rated this high in Sydney all year.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:27 pm
97k for storm in Melbourne. No Anglofl match has rated this high in Sydney all year.
Yet despite many premierships and finals appearances in last decade for the Storm, there were more people in Brisbane watching the AFL Lions than NRL viewers in Melbourne watching the Storm.

And lets not even go near the woeful Melbourne audience of 7,000 viewers for Manly vs Cronulla.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I was talking about afl matches in Sydney where a non Sydney team is playing and how they rated.

I think the Storm do okay in Melbourne. They have built a nice supporter base and get okay crowds. I watched the game last night but missed the end as had to turn over to the footy but wished now I have had stayed tuned til the end. We was robbed I hear. And 97000 watching on FTA is great. It was a final and many would have watched give the time it was played and give no Melbourne team and down to the wire. It was a good game too. Really, anything less would really be surprising. You have to remember the people in Melbourne don’t really have the history people in Sydney have about competing with another code (I.e., Rugby Union). That long history between the two Rugbys over which was the better game I believe has left a culture of always trying defend or one up Rugby Union. Rugby Union Being the Toffs .... thinking they are better than the working class rugby league. Needing to be brought down a peg or two. Sound familiar? I think AFL has stepped into Unions role for the RL crowd, particularly since the demise of a union over recent years in Australia. This simply does not exist amongst most afl states and their people. Hence look at here... most posts are by nrl types about how poor afl is... you do get the odd one the other way but generally it is posts about afl doing this or that.
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Beaussie wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:32 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:27 pm
Yet despite many premierships and finals appearances in last decade for the Storm, there were more people in Brisbane watching the AFL Lions than NRL viewers in Melbourne watching the Storm.

And lets not even go near the woeful Melbourne audience of 7,000 viewers for Manly vs Cronulla.
Swans have existed here for 37 years & featured on main channel on Friday nights yet couldn't match storm.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Fred wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:35 pm
I was talking about afl matches in Sydney where a non Sydney team is playing and how they rated.

I think the Storm do okay in Melbourne. They have built a nice supporter base and get okay crowds. I watched the game last night but missed the end as had to turn over to the footy but wished now I have had stayed tuned til the end. We was robbed I hear. And 97000 watching on FTA is great. It was a final and many would have watched give the time it was played and give no Melbourne team and down to the wire. It was a good game too. Really, anything less would really be surprising. You have to remember the people in Melbourne don’t really have the history people in Sydney have about competing with another code (I.e., Rugby Union). That long history between the two Rugbys over which was the better game I believe has left a culture of always trying defend or one up Rugby Union. Rugby Union Being the Toffs .... thinking they are better than the working class rugby league. Needing to be brought down a peg or two. Sound familiar? I think AFL has stepped into Unions role for the RL crowd, particularly since the demise of a union over recent years in Australia. This simply does not exist amongst most afl states and their people. Hence look at here... most posts are by nrl types about how poor afl is... you do get the odd one the other way but generally it is posts about afl doing this or that.
No. Wallabies peak ratings crush Anglofl in Sydney.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:40 am
notaleaguefan wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:17 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:08 pm
1 game was over 30 mins in

26 - 0

the other game went deep into the 4th quarter.
But but but
Isn’t the code with all the lop sided games and finals the afl so you loons keep telling us! :wave:
i did not say anything like that, my opinion only...

no but but but... Just fact fact fact...

with your best knowledge of sport and watching experience..

answer this for me dear kind sir...

Would a game after 30 mins 26-0 (which is game over)
be more or less exciting than a game that went down to the last 5mins ?

I will not return serve.. your answer is final..
Ask your looney mates about evenness of compilations :)))

Oh wait it’s just another but but like the weather when it comes to crowds that is only acceptable when it suits the argument of the league fan
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:46 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:35 pm

No. Wallabies peak ratings crush Anglofl in Sydney.
Is that what you took away from my post?
Veni, vidi, vici