Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

Do Kayo publish their streaming ?
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Fred wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:56 am
Do Kayo publish their streaming ?
Only now and then - any they generally only give a brief summary on a few of there better games.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:50 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:35 pm
it begs belief, I've said this a thousand times,

THIS IS WHY THE AFL SCHUELDE GAMES LIKE THEY DO>
IT BENEFITS THEM
just like the NRL benefit from showing the Broncos on FTA for most rounds. How is that different to what the AFL do?
Broncos Are only shown on FTA 56% of all games they played.
It has hovered around 60% for the past 3 seasons.

Also Heartland states, have 4 teams.
who achieve ratings around 120k+ each on average
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Fred wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:48 am
I don't think QLd get more viewers if own team involved per se - If a Collingwood V Richmond game was on I would think that would be preferred over the Suns V North Melbourne for instance - if on at the same time. The problem is, even though the Collingwood Richmond game would rate higher I believe, they would show the Suns v North game on FTA. Hence why I had to get Fox.
And this is why games into Perth and Adelaide for home teams isn't always as big an advantage as made out here. Eg dockers v suns may be on fta in Perth when a game involving top 4 interstate sides is shown to other cities. Much of Perth would probably prefer to see the better match than the local team. Especially eagle supporters
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:05 pm
I don't think QLd get more viewers if own team involved per se - If a Collingwood V Richmond game was on I would think that would be preferred over the Suns V North Melbourne for instance - if on at the same time. The problem is, even though the Collingwood Richmond game would rate higher I believe, they would show the Suns v North game on FTA. Hence why I had to get Fox.
And this is why games into Perth and Adelaide for home teams isn't always as big an advantage as made out here. Eg dockers v suns may be on fta in Perth when a game involving top 4 interstate sides is shown to other cities. Much of Perth would probably prefer to see the better match than the local team. Especially eagle supporters
incorrect,

A Fremantle game will always out rate a Non Perth Team.
outside of finals.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:03 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:35 pm
it begs belief, I've said this a thousand times,

THIS IS WHY THE AFL SCHUELDE GAMES LIKE THEY DO>
IT BENEFITS THEM
just like the NRL benefit from showing the Broncos on FTA for most rounds. How is that different to what the AFL do?

so when you do have overlap.

game is beamed into Melbourne. On Fta and fta in Adelaide.
rounding off at around 300k odd just on FTA plus FOX.
2 teams in Perth and Adelaide each is the main reason we target these cities with fta games. We cant target the entire 3.2mil population with a single game like the nrl does with the broncos.

So using your figures basically our FTA advantage is we target our secondary home markets 40-45% more than the NRL (given the NRL do this with the Broncos and Brisbane 55-60% of the season)?

Does this advantage merely compensate for the fact Perth see FTA games on 7mate starting at 5pm on a workday, and basically no games in prime time?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:12 pm
incorrect,

outside of finals.
I didn't say the dockers game would be outrated. It just wouldn't be as big a ratings standout if the dockers were struggling and the other game was a key match up. Eagles fans would prefer a decent match, not to watch their cross city rival in a smashing
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:14 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:03 pm

so when you do have overlap.

game is beamed into Melbourne. On Fta and fta in Adelaide.
rounding off at around 300k odd just on FTA plus FOX.
2 teams in Perth and Adelaide each is the main reason we target these cities with fta games. We cant target the entire 3.2mil population with a single game like the nrl does with the broncos.

So using your figures basically our FTA advantage is we target our secondary home markets 40-45% more than the NRL (given the NRL do this with the Broncos and Brisbane 55-60% of the season)?

Does this advantage merely compensate for the fact Perth see FTA games on 7mate starting at 5pm on a workday, and basically no games in prime time?
you could say yes or you could say no...
since the AFL Begun Perth have received games not really in primetime.
i think the sporting public know now that most games are in that bracket of 12pm to 6pm.

I think Friday Night & Thursday is effected by not having not have many Perth Games.

Saturday Sunday Games seem to be reasonable.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:17 pm

incorrect,

outside of finals.
I didn't say the dockers game would be outrated. It just wouldn't be as big a ratings standout if the dockers were struggling and the other game was a key match up. Eagles fans would prefer a decent match, not to watch their cross city rival in a smashing
ok Fair Point,

Its the same as the Broncos, Ratings have plummeted in Brisbane with there shocking form..

you could put Broncos Form as when the GWS Giants entered the comp and got flogged each week.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

incorrect,

outside of finals.
Its all about you and you precious AFL isnt it LOL. 60% of NRL viewers can't watch a match. You dont think a few of those might turn over to dark side and make your pathetic Saturday ratings a little less pathetic.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:41 pm

incorrect,

outside of finals.
ok Fair Point,

Its the same as the Broncos, Ratings have plummeted in Brisbane with there shocking form..

you could put Broncos Form as when the GWS Giants entered the comp and got flogged each week.
Of course, making heartland scheduling advantageous but not a standout if the side is struggling. Where there are 2 games on at the same time it can be a missed opportunity
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:48 pm

incorrect,

outside of finals.
Its all about you and you precious AFL isnt it LOL. 60% of NRL viewers can't watch a match. You dont think a few of those might turn over to dark side and make your pathetic Saturday ratings a little less pathetic.
you could say that for last night, and every game in the first few rounds of the nrl season.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

When Brisbane or Suns are involved in match you don't think the Qld. Rating figure is higher ??????????????????
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:51 pm

you could say that for last night, and every game in the first few rounds of the nrl season.
Yes that would be a factor. All your games go forty minutes longer than ours. So ,a deffinate factor.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:13 pm
NlolRL wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:51 pm

Yes that would be a factor. All your games go forty minutes longer than ours. So ,a deffinate factor.
Lol, so a portion of the 60k viewers watching AFL from Sydney and Brisbane would be nrl fans over the last 40 minutes? Given 40 minutes is about 1/4 of the entire telecast that would about 3k to the total?

Lol