Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:18 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:09 pm
Nope
You are too far gone .
as opposed to the NRL fans who constantly ignore the differences in scheduling. It's like it doesnt even exist, yet the results are there for everyone to see on every weekend.

You guys ignore and it's fine, I dont ignore and I'm too far gone.

The reason you guys ignore is you have NO answer, none. It's easier to ignore what you cant defeat with logic

Whatevs
Round & round
We have less teams
One teams home ratings are not counted each week ,
You discount this when it's mentioned .
You target home cities to maximise ratings ..Jesus h Fuck it's prob the 20 th time I've posted this .
What you lose in concurrent games you pick up by targeting home cities .
Fuck me dead .
Around & around .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:58 pm
Nope
You are too far gone .
as opposed to the NRL fans who constantly ignore the differences in scheduling. It's like it doesnt even exist, yet the results are there for everyone to see on every weekend.

The reason you guys ignore is you have NO answer, none. It's easier to ignore what you cant defeat with logic

Whatevs
Round & round
We have less teams
One teams home ratings are not counted each week ,
You discount this when it's mentioned .
You target home cities to maximise ratings ..Jesus h Fuck it's prob the 20 th time I've posted this .
What you lose in concurrent games you pick up by targeting home cities .
Fuck me dead .
Around & around .
I dont discount them at all.

1.Nz is a fair point however we dont know their ratings. It may be 100k per week, who knows.

2. Having less teams isnt relevant because both codes end up with the same number of games for the year. If we had only 4 teams, coll rich ess and WC, and had 200 games for the year we would rate far more. The number of games is important, not teams.

3. Ive discussed targeted games repeatedly but you ignored it. The nrl could target home markets but it wouldnt help your ratings, other than a handful of broncos games on fta you miss for the year. The ratings show the titans, knights, cowboys and raiders dont increase ratings in their local markets when theyre on fta compared to games involving other clubs. For example brisbane rate 120-140k when no qld team plays, and about the same when the titans play. Same for the cowboys and regional ratings. No increase.

Therefore there is no AFL advantage in comparison to the nrl. However, games in isolation are a huge advantage by around 100k per game.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:13 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:20 pm
Its pretty obvious if you show more games or more hours of sport in a day you will generally get lower ratings per game
If you have games all days Saturday doesn't this just mean you watch the AFL for half an hour (league not on) go out and mow the lawn. come back and watch the AFL for half an hour, go and wash the car (NRL not on) . Watch the AFL for half an hour., run some message (NRL not on) watch footy , go to shop .Watch more footy(NRL still no etc etc. NRL ratings = 0, AFL ratings = some.

???? So how is this such a huge disadvantage. It will increase your overall rating !@ the average person only watches 2 or 3 games!@

Yes, most of your games are shown at similar times but most of your PTV games are boosted by FTA. And you split your matches , showing them into there home markets to once again boost your ratings.
Its a disadvantage because on average the ratings are lower than if a few games a day were shown rather than 5. These lower ratings drag the average and total down.

As for the average person only watches 2 or 3 games, thats a total guess. Some may only watch 1, others most. But spreading them out evenly over 4 days makes it far more convenient for fans to watch more or even most games. This is why our first month's rounds rated so much higher. Games were spread over 4 days and less of them overlapped. These ratings alone prove the claim .

The home markets argument has been discussed recently. Yes it helps our fta ratings for perth and adelaide. Does that equal the 100k we lose for every overlapped game on paytv? No. Are the nrl disadvantaged by not doing the same? Other than the broncos, no.

Does it help to show ptv and fta at the same time? No, they are separate ratings. In the end every market gets around 90 FTA games a year, some more some less. Showing them at the same time as ptv makes no difference
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Average but not total ? don't many of these games have FTA involvement as well. Anyway what good is an average when FTA and PTV are treated as the same thing?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Terry »

Nope
You are too far gone .

Whatevs
Pal, you have been told this so many times it's a joke. Listen again. I won't tell you again. We know about scheduling. How could we not pal.......you tell us 10 times a day.

The point is we don't care. Get it......do not care!!!!! And that's because it's your problem. Or more specifically Gilty's problem. Have I told you the answer to this pal?? Oh yeah.......I think I have.......like 4536 times.

Get Gilty to change the scheduling. Until he does you got what you got. Suck it up. Take it like a man. Stop being a whingeing whining sook. You have other advantages you ignore. All you do is go all crybaby over scheduling, scheduling, scheduling!!!!!

We know about it. We don't care. Get Gilty to change it or shut up!!

Hope that helps pal. Have a great day.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:00 pm
Fuck off terry, we dont care about your shit either
Beautifully put Wookie lolololol!!!!!!!!!!! And likewise of course!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:45 am
Nope
You are too far gone .

Whatevs
Pal, you have been told this so many times it's a joke. Listen again. I won't tell you again. We know about scheduling. How could we not pal.......you tell us 10 times a day.

The point is we don't care. Get it......do not care!!!!! And that's because it's your problem. Or more specifically Gilty's problem. Have I told you the answer to this pal?? Oh yeah.......I think I have.......like 4536 times.

Get Gilty to change the scheduling. Until he does you got what you got. Suck it up. Take it like a man. Stop being a whingeing whining sook. You have other advantages you ignore. All you do is go all crybaby over scheduling, scheduling, scheduling!!!!!

so what you're saying is you know our scheduling means our averages and cumulative ratings take a huge hit and are therefore not comparable, but you don't care.

Got it. Glad we can put that argument to bed.

Funny how you still post the PTV ratings for Saturday like they are actually comparable though.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:32 am
Average but not total ? don't many of these games have FTA involvement as well.
Yes, but most of our games are FTA into only a few markets, not nationally. So the end result is each market gets between 3.5 and 4 FTA games per round on average. There is no advantage having PTV and FTA at the same time
Anyway what good is an average when FTA and PTV are treated as the same thing?
not sure what you mean
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:03 pm

Whatevs

so what you're saying is you know our scheduling means our averages and cumulative ratings take a huge hit and are therefore not comparable, but you don't care.

Funny how you still post the PTV ratings for Saturday like they are actually comparable though.
Yeah, I do. And they are. And I will continue to do so. And you will continue with your lamentable Repetitive Argument Syndrome.

Have a great day pal.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

no, they're not. Comparing PTV ratings on Saturday is like me comparing total ratings on Saturday. Anyone with a brain knows the factors are so different they arent comparable
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:11 pm
Yes, but most of our games are FTA into only a few markets, not nationally. So the end result is each market gets between 3.5 and 4 FTA games per round on average. There is no advantage having PTV and FTA at the same time
not sure what you mean
The total is what matters. How can you have any sort of the meaningful average when your combining FTA with Ptv? They are completely separate things. One is like 3 times the size of the other. It's like adding up the runs Greg Chapell made in Test cricket adding them to the runs he made in one day cricket and calling that his average. There two separate things.

Why isn't there any advantage????????????????????? that just a bullshit excuse. It allows many more people to watch the game. And some of the highest rating PTV matches come from simulcast matches.
Last edited by pussycat on Tue May 28, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Terry wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:22 pm
NlolRL wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:03 pm

Yeah, I do. And they are. And I will continue to do so. And you will continue with your lamentable Repetitive Argument Syndrome.

Have a great day pal.
Scheduling???? please enlighten me. You don't have games Thursday , Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday nights?

Prety much every excuse you use is either a half truth or a lie. All aimed at making the AFL feel better about themselves. Are you Gilligan?

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:58 pm
not sure what you mean
The total is what matters. How can you have any sort of the meaningful average when your combining FTA with Ptv? They are completely separate things. One is like 3 times the size of the other. It's like adding up the runs Greg Chapell made in Test cricket adding them to the runs he made in one day cricket and calling that his average. There two separate things.

Why isn't there any advantage????????????????????? that just a bullshit excuse. It allows many more people to watch the game. And some of the highest rating PTV matches come from simulcast matches.
So youre claiming ptv ratings are higher when the game is also shown on fta?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:38 pm
pussycat wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:58 pm

not sure what you mean

So youre claiming ptv ratings are higher when the game is also shown on fta?
No! No! and No, What I am claiming is that when shown with one of the extra FTA matches that AFL usually have of a Saturday and a Sunday it makes the ratings higher. So not only do the AFL generate more ratings by splitting there matches and showing 4 local teams not just 2. But they also boost there PTV ratings with extra FTA coverage.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

You're shocking at explaining things.
pussycat wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:13 pm
when shown with one of the extra FTA matches that AFL usually have of a Saturday and a Sunday it makes the ratings higher.
what extra FTA game? Each city only gets 3.5-4 FTA games per round. If they have 3 FTA games in a round each city only get one FN, SN and Su FTA game. If the round includes 4 FTA games it will be a Thursday or Saturday arvo. So what extra FTA game? The end result is still 80-90 FTA games per year.
So not only do the AFL generate more ratings by splitting there matches and showing 4 local teams not just 2
Yes splitting games to multiple markets adds ratings, but only for Adelaide and Perth. Melbourne do not get targeting, just like the NRL in Sydney. HOWEVER, the NRL wouldnt get a meaningful advantage if they split games anyway because 1. the Broncos are already on FTA for most rounds, and 2. The Titans, Knights, Raiders and Cowboys show no increase in ratings in their local areas when they are on FTA. Look at the ratings this season. When the Titans played on FTA the Brisbane ratings were still around 130k, the same for any non-QLD club. When the Cowboys played the regional ratings were no higher than when any other club played.
But they also boost there PTV ratings with extra FTA coverage
can you give examples? I have no idea what you mean. How does 'extra FTA coverage' change ptv ratings?