Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

More of what we already new! the Brownlow, one of the biggest events in the vicbots calendar was down 11% on last year. Even the most ardent supporters are starting to see the light.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:33 pm
I tend to think the sporting public the last few years
are getting behind the AFL finals more than the NRL..

there has been a Huge lift above the norm in southern states for finals games.

where as in Northern states, the lift is no way near as big..

which is strange.
Looks like th NRL finals are a victim of Origin's success
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:12 pm
pussycat wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:58 pm
Geez, it must be so embarrassing for you fumblers. Getting beat by 15 million viewers, almost 10% less. Is it any wonder that no one wants to own up to being a supporter of those losers now a days :wink:
yeah if i were you id ignore the 30% deficit in tv ratings over the finals too.
It doesn't ignore that at all , It's just not that relevant. ! More People watched Rugby league this year just like they will next year.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

pussycat wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:17 am
The_Wookie wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:12 pm
pussycat wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:58 pm
Geez, it must be so embarrassing for you fumblers. Getting beat by 15 million viewers, almost 10% less. Is it any wonder that no one wants to own up to being a supporter of those losers now a days :wink:
yeah if i were you id ignore the 30% deficit in tv ratings over the finals too.
It doesn't ignore that at all , It's just not that relevant. ! More People watched Rugby League --- Simply a fact. A fact that doesn't cherry pick just some matches - Rather each and every one.

Rugby League Gold................................................ :salute: --------------------------------................................................................................................................................................................... :rock: :rock: :rock: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AFL silver

FumbleBALL
Team: Melbourne Storm
Been liked: 0

Post by FumbleBALL »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:52 pm
Over the Preliminary final weekend, the AFL was watched by 3.606 million viewers across the 7 network and Fox. This figure is down 4.43% on the 3.776 million who watched last years prelimns. Metro down 5.43%, Fox down 1.43%.

Over the 2018 Finals Series, the AFL Finals have been watched by 12.785 million viewers, down 0.82% on the 2017 series, as the lack of Adelaide/Sydney teams bites. Syd -16%, Melb +6.5%, Bris +16.2%, Adel -32.9%, Per +2.9%, Metro -3.85%, Reg -7.3%, FTA -4.66%. Fox +11.2%

Over the 2018 Preliminary Finals weekend, the NRL was watched by 3.048 million viewers across the 9 network and Fox, this figure is down 8.19% on 2017, as lack of QLD/Reg teams strikes again. Metro down 0.27% (Bris -27%, Syd + 17%), Regionals down 24%, Fox down 1.21%.

Over the 2018 Finals Series, the NRL has been watched by 10.133 million viewers, down 12.31% on the 2017 Series, with expected deficits in QLD and Regional areas. Syd +5.3%, Bris -22%, Metro -6.1%, Reg - 14.1%, FTA -9.2%, Fox +3.39%.

Melbourne NRL figues have 1 gap I'm trying to plug from week 1 now, but at present it looks like those figures are down 9-10% over the series. Will update when i can.
what the hell has happened? Our season was going great, then our finals are down by 12%. While fumbleball was nosediving, now it's steadied. What a strange year
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

FumbleBALL wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:39 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:52 pm
Over the Preliminary final weekend, the AFL was watched by 3.606 million viewers across the 7 network and Fox. This figure is down 4.43% on the 3.776 million who watched last years prelimns. Metro down 5.43%, Fox down 1.43%.

Over the 2018 Finals Series, the AFL Finals have been watched by 12.785 million viewers, down 0.82% on the 2017 series, as the lack of Adelaide/Sydney teams bites. Syd -16%, Melb +6.5%, Bris +16.2%, Adel -32.9%, Per +2.9%, Metro -3.85%, Reg -7.3%, FTA -4.66%. Fox +11.2%

Over the 2018 Preliminary Finals weekend, the NRL was watched by 3.048 million viewers across the 9 network and Fox, this figure is down 8.19% on 2017, as lack of QLD/Reg teams strikes again. Metro down 0.27% (Bris -27%, Syd + 17%), Regionals down 24%, Fox down 1.21%.

Over the 2018 Finals Series, the NRL has been watched by 10.133 million viewers, down 12.31% on the 2017 Series, with expected deficits in QLD and Regional areas. Syd +5.3%, Bris -22%, Metro -6.1%, Reg - 14.1%, FTA -9.2%, Fox +3.39%.

Melbourne NRL figues have 1 gap I'm trying to plug from week 1 now, but at present it looks like those figures are down 9-10% over the series. Will update when i can.
what the hell has happened? Our season was going great, then our finals are down by 12%. While fumbleball was nosediving, now it's steadied. What a strange year
its pretty easy to tell..

you had No QLD teams past the quarter finals...
you had Melbourne Storm up against two of the biggest Finals game at the G

Sydney Lesser rating sides in Roosters Sharks and Panthers.
and a N.Z side.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Predicted by many as being the greatest
AFL grand final in history

#TVratings Saturday #AFLGF

#7Sport #EaglesvPies #National 3,378,000 (Metro 2,601,000 Regional 777,000) #Metro: Syd 345k Mel 1.24m Bri 247k Ade 290k Per 471k #Regional Qld 112k NNSW 120k SNSW 132k Vic 211k Tas 110k WA 94k
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Pretty much expected numbers for the NRL. I couldn't think of a less inspiring game than Storm V Roosters.

RL will still have the number 1 rating show on TV for 2018 & probably 4 in the top half dozen. Another massive year.
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

Great post, you have clarified which code wins the ratings when matchs are televised head to head. Why is it some people still don't get it ? , these figures speak for themselves, terrific afl numbers, year ended with a bang !
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Millions more ratings, but but but ....... You people really are sd cases :wink:

leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I found this figure amazing...

in Melbourne and Perth FTA SHARE for 7 Network was above 90% and 95% in Perth.

where as The NRL in Sydney was 47%

with more content to choose from at Night time than during day..
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

pussycat wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:19 pm
Millions more ratings, but but but ....... You people really are sd cases :wink:
Literally counts for squat until the next broadcast deal.
Which going by "the numbers" year to year the AFL's next deal should be dwarfed by the NRlilL's by at least 5%.
Like the last one........oh.........wait a minute.

Turning viewers into more $sheets$ PUSS, that's when the gold is handed over.

Better luck on the next cycle.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:59 am
Millions more in average ratings, but the peak ratings are a lot closer, and Im fairly convinced the peak reach audience matters, as does the length of time the average audience is sustained for - which is an extra 30% for AFL games. I know I know, you NRL guys like to ignore this shit though, trapped in your own echo chamber as you are, but it doesnt change the game length and average audiences.
So Wookie, do you think if NRL games are increased in length people will just turn off 3/4 way through the game?? Nonsensical pal. If they are competitive games they will watch to the end. If they're not they'll turn off somewhat earlier. Just like happens now. Same in the AFL.

The fact AFL goes longer in no way means they should be given some sort of loading to give them higher ratings. Do you think 30% should be added to AFL tv ratings? I have never heard that argument about a movie that goes for 90 minutes V one that goes for 2 hours.

The only advantage going for a 1/3 longer gives is more time for advertising. Meaning the NRL got a very good broadcasting deal indeed.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:59 am
Millions more in average ratings, but the peak ratings are a lot closer, and Im fairly convinced the peak reach audience matters, as does the length of time the average audience is sustained for - which is an extra 30% for AFL games. I know I know, you NRL guys like to ignore this shit though, trapped in your own echo chamber as you are, but it doesnt change the game length and average audiences.
This argument again .
Last person who was on about this couldn't accept my argument when I applied his logic to the value of te tv deals .

How about you Wookie .
Seeing as RL got a bit less then by applying the "goes for longer " logic that makes Rl a far more valuable product .
I say per hr of screen time Rl is more valuable .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Max Power
Team: Titans
Been liked: 0

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings & Salary Cap Integrity

Post by Max Power »

Roosters have a very flexible salary cap. Indeed they even have room to sign current rep players Crichton and Hall plus Brett Morris. This flexibility extends to select players being invited to golf games in the east, with wagers of 10K per hole: Miraculously the chairman loses every hole.

If you prefer BBQing to playing golf, you can let them know and, upon signing, a BBQ will be delivered to your house with a brown paper bag under the hood, not with steak but neatly placed cash.

Bryan Fletcher has tacitly confirmed salary cap rorts while at Easts though no investigation into the 2002 premiership is instigated. Perhaps sworn affidavits from all relevant players would be a good start?

In contrast, the Sea Eagles are thrown under the bus and the Eels crucified for paying people out of the merchandise shop till in a desperate attempt to compete. There are countless other examples.

The people at the NRL know it is happening but do nothing because they sit in their jobs at the discretion of the perpetrator.

The fans know and this corruption is corroding in the integrity of the game.