Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:32 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:08 pm
Include everything i recan>> that is included in the TV DEALS>>

NRL>>
H&A Finals & SOO & STATE LEVEL>

Rep Games Internationals and Exhibition games are usually not included in Deal for rugby league.
Then you need to pay more attention to the TV deal the NRL signed. They absolutely are included.
AFL>>
H&A Finals & STATE LEVEL>>
The AFL deal also includes the preseason, and they have a deal for AFLW as well.
Internationals are not included ? 4 nations and World cup have all been individual deals.

REP GAMES like the previous NZ MAORI V INGENIOUS ALL STARS was not included ?

WORLD CUP 9's ??

these add on events were not even in deal and have arised over the past 12 months.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:54 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:08 pm
Include everything i recan>> that is included in the TV DEALS>>

NRL>>
H&A Finals & SOO & STATE LEVEL>

Rep Games Internationals and Exhibition games are usually not included in Deal for rugby league.
Then you need to pay more attention to the TV deal the NRL signed. They absolutely are included.
AFL>>
H&A Finals & STATE LEVEL>>
The AFL deal also includes the preseason, and they have a deal for AFLW as well.
Internationals are not included ? 4 nations and World cup have all been individual deals.

WORLD CUP 9's ??

these add on events were not even in deal and have arised over the past 12 months.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:55 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:54 pm

WORLD CUP 9's ??

Indigenous all stars and internationals including 4 nations are most certainly in the deal. There was an indigenous all stars before it featured the maori.

World Cup 9s obviously not included.
Ok point taken,

i thought Internationals were under a different banner.. but fair enough..

(all star game previous was canned because of the world cup year.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Looks like R.L is leading in the streaming views.

Be good to get a breakdown of KAYO AND TELSTRA

if NRL is leading in streaming.. i would assume they are leading in other departments as well..

but it is such a low figure.. so i will leave it at that...
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:25 pm
NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:43 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:32 pm

Pal, you can do it whatever way you like. Of course you will manufacture an AFL advantage. My fair and equitable method counts the exact same number of games played at the elite levels of both codes. RL has 3 levels, your mob has 1. At the end of the day I count the exact same number of games. Couldn't be fairer.

Last year RL had the most ratings anyway you look at it. This year your fumbling game may have more for the domestic comps only. (Although if NZ was added this may not be the case). Once RL adds in the requisite number of games to equal the number the AFL plays it will win.

Either way you will not accept anything that does not favour fumbleball. It's in your DNA pal. You know......the bubble and all that!!!!!!!!!!
oh you know your own bubble very well.

21-0 is just an anomaly :lol:

Does it ever come in to your thought process that at least 1/3 of your games are shown in complete isolation. you have many more matches on FTA , You split your Sat/Sunday matches to increase you ratings. Yet you still get beat by millions. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) but, but, but, scheduling, scheduling :rock: :rock: :rock:

The AFL FTA broadcast guide only shows the first 17 rounds.

Melbourne: 60matches
Adelaide: 65m
Perth: 70m

Over That time(RL)

Sydney: 54
Brisbane: 54
New Zealand: 0
Already addressed. Melbourne get the same AFL games on FTA as Sydney/Brisbane get NRL games on FTA.

EVERY NRL game is shown in isolation, not just 1/3rd, that's the whole point ! ](*,)
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:02 pm
NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:43 pm

oh you know your own bubble very well.

21-0 is just an anomaly :lol:

Does it ever come in to your thought process that at least 1/3 of your games are shown in complete isolation. you have many more matches on FTA , You split your Sat/Sunday matches to increase you ratings. Yet you still get beat by millions. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) but, but, but, scheduling, scheduling :rock: :rock: :rock:

Over That time(RL)

Already addressed. Melbourne get the same AFL games on FTA as Sydney/Brisbane get NRL games on FTA.

EVERY NRL game is shown in isolation, not just 1/3rd, that's the whole point ! ](*,)
how have you addressed it? Please, let us all know. How are they equal!

After 17 rounds.

Melbourne 9% more.
Adelaide: 17% more
Perth: 23% more

And how is it exactlyt every NRL game shown in isolation?

Thursday Night: About 50% of our games are shown in isolation.
Friday Night: 1 PTV game is shown in isolation. Our other Game, the FTA game is totally overlapped by your match.
Saturday/Sat Night: All our matches are shown at the same time as your matches.
Sunday: Once again all our matches are shown at the same time as yours.

But, But, But.......... scheduling :roll: :hmm: :rock: :rock:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

pussycat wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:25 am
SportCapital wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:50 am
Almost 14mil lead in the projection.
For the well being of our northern counterparts I hope SOO do something special this year.
It's fast becoming a very large gap to bridge.
10mil might not cut it this year.
Projections are just that though aren't they. Do your projections show that the AFL will be getting, not 51/2 not even 4 1/2 but just 3 1/2 matches on FTA each week (pretty much) from now on? Not a lot more than what we get. Does your projections take into account rep football? Or the 10 or 12 million it brings with it. ????????????????????. What about the NRL's final round, and the extra 3 or 4 million it will bring ??????????????????? You currently lead by about 2million. Do you think you will get enough???? [-o< ....... Enjoy that silver . Most people would love a silver medal. Have you got a place picked out yet? ?.......... maybe somewhere on the mantle piece. :cheers:
I'll assume you missed my original breakdown of the projection equation.
It's simple really.
The projected totals are the weekly moving average (based on the weekly ratings totals) multiplied by 26 for the AFL and 29 for the NRL. (I presume that's the correct weeks for each comp)
As the weekly ratings are factored in, the averages will adjust and so will the projection.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:26 pm

Over That time(RL)

After 17 rounds.

Melbourne 9% more.

Friday Night: 1 PTV game is shown in isolation. Our other Game, the FTA game is totally overlapped by your match.

My god you're an idiot.

1. The NRL get 4 FTA games per round for the last 4 rounds. They also have an extra round. When the NRL FTA games are added using https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/2018/10/ ... hedule.pdf we see they have 79 FTA games for the season. The AFL have 60 games after 17 rounds at 3.5 games per round. Extrapolating that to the rest of the season means they will get 81 FTA games for the season. Do you understand this?? :[]

2. Perth get more FTA games by around 10 per year. However they get 40 LESS games in prime time! :wave: So the extra 1million viewers they get for the 10 extra FTA games is reduced given they get far less viewers on 7mate and non-prime time

3. EVERY NRL game is shown on it's own as in not against another NRL game. The AFL have Thursday and Friday games shown in isolation and the rest are shown against each other.

4. What the hell does overlapping with our match have to do with anything? :hmm: You have an entire round (first) shown on it's own. We only have 7 Thursday night games which means the NRL have 15 (or so) Thursdays with games shown on their own. That's not a portion of one game, that's multiple entire games. SO you can shove your hilarious excuse of 1/3rd an AFL game shown on it's own up your arse :lol:

This is the worst excuse ever. IF RL fans watch the AFL they are also AFL fans and we deserve the ratings. BUT, as an advantage, it would only apply to a small fraction of our audience. AND it ignores your 8 games in round 1 and 15 Thursday night games that are shown against NO AFL game at all. Then you even add SOO.

Fuck me dead you are pathetic! :(/
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:05 pm

for primetime games for Titans when showed in PRIMETIME>> would usually rate above 140k
and Gold Coast have a good following in Northern NSW so regionals do ok for them..

Only game they played in PRIMETIME last year rated 123k Metro in Brisbane
and was against Souths.
https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/06/friday ... -2018.html

As you said, 123k for the Titans in Brisbane, which is well below the Bronco's ratings. In fact it's comparable to the ratings the NRL get in Brisbane when non-Qld clubs play.

So, in reality, the advantage of showing the Titans in Qld is minor at best and probably closer to no advantage.

Furthermore, ch9 know this so they dont show the Titans on FTA because they rate no more in Brisbane than any other game.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

And for the cowboys, do the regionals rate more when they are shown on FTA?
https://i.imgur.com/y7pdSyN.png

22nd March:
#NRLBroncosCowboys 750k
(Metro 483k Regional 267k)

21st March:
Souths played Dragons. Metro ratings were 440k and regionals were 262k. So almost the same regional audience whether the Cowboys played or not. In fact as a proportion of regional v metro ratings the non-cowboys game had more.

29 March:
#NRLEelsRoosters
611k (Metro 378k Regional 233k). Again, a larger proportion of regional fans (to Metro) than a game including the Cowboys

4 April:
Roosters Broncos
Metro 448k, Foxtel 251k. Again, a larger proportion of regional fans (to Metro) than a game including the Cowboys

SO I think this shows the NRL would not be better off if they targeted the Cowboys on FTA TV
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

So for all the crying from the NRL fans on here, the evidence shows targeting the cowboys and titans with multiple FTA games would not give them extra ratings above any other game anyway. The Broncos clearly would, but they are shown on FTA for 14 rounds this year anyway, so 7 less than the AFL's WC, Freo, Crows and Power

Myth busted
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:00 pm
pussycat wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:26 pm

After 17 rounds.

Melbourne 9% more.

My god you're an idiot.

1. The NRL get 4 FTA games per round for the last 4 rounds. They also have an extra round. When the NRL FTA games are added using https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/2018/10/ ... hedule.pdf we see they have 79 FTA games for the season. The AFL have 60 games after 17 rounds at 3.5 games per round. Extrapolating that to the rest of the season means they will get 81 FTA games for the season. Do you understand this?? :[]

2. Perth get more FTA games by around 10 per year. However they get 40 LESS games in prime time! :wave: So the extra 1million viewers they get for the 10 extra FTA games is reduced given they get far less viewers on 7mate and non-prime time

3. EVERY NRL game is shown on it's own as in not against another NRL game. The AFL have Thursday and Friday games shown in isolation and the rest are shown against each other.

4. What the hell does overlapping with our match have to do with anything? :hmm: You have an entire round (first) shown on it's own. We only have 7 Thursday night games which means the NRL have 15 (or so) Thursdays with games shown on their own. That's not a portion of one game, that's multiple entire games. SO you can shove your hilarious excuse of 1/3rd an AFL game shown on it's own up your arse :lol:

This is the worst excuse ever. IF RL fans watch the AFL they are also AFL fans and we deserve the ratings. BUT, as an advantage, it would only apply to a small fraction of our audience. AND it ignores your 8 games in round 1 and 15 Thursday night games that are shown against NO AFL game at all. Then you even add SOO.

Fuck me dead you are pathetic! :(/
As I said earlier Einstein Your broadcast schedule only goes up to round 17. You may be right about the Melbourne figure. It might change but your Adelaide and Perth figures wont . Adelaide and Perth EACH have 20% more FTA coverage. As for Perth's coverage it will be more like 15 extra matches . Similar Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane. You don't get extra bonus points because the AFL picked poor time zones. Perth would bring in near 20million rating a year , take it or leave it, but stop farken whinging about them all time.

Dumbest excuse ever :(/ :(/ :(/ .
These are plenty of sports fans out there. Not all brainwashed cult members like yourself. Sport fans who's first choice was the RL match , not having a 9' thirty curfew, watched something else. Something like the last 50m of the AFL

Overlap and isolation is not and never has been the same thing. As for your matches overlapping, very few people watch more than 3 or 4 matches each week so the number would be very small and certainly not anywhere near the 300k you make each week from splitting your matches.

And As I said our matches are hardly ever shown in isolation . Yours on the other hand - far more often. So you know were you can shove all those but, but, but, scheduling excuses, and all your other lame arse bullshit excuses!

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:53 pm

As I said earlier Einstein Your broadcast schedule only goes up to round 17. You may be right about the Melbourne figure.
Of course it's right
Adelaide and Perth EACH have 20% more FTA coverage. As for Perth's coverage it will be more like 15 extra matches . Similar Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane.
going on Perth's average number of games over the first 17 rounds they will get 94 FTA games, but a few are on significant delay. The NRL, when SOO is included, get 82. So they have 12 more FTA games (with a few on delay), or 13 percent more. Yet they get 80% less games in prime time and more than half their games on 7 mate. Funny how you are so quick to add their extra 12 FTA games (with some on delay), which equate to just over 1 mil extra viewers for the season, but completely ignore their decrease in ratings due to these factors. [-(
You don't get extra bonus points because the AFL picked poor time zones. Perth would bring in near 20million rating a year , take it or leave it, but stop farken whinging about them all time.
WTF? They didnt pick Perth's scheduling for fun! They're are 2 hours behind, so prime-time here is later afternoon there. Mid afternoon here is early afternoon there.

These are plenty of sports fans out there. Not all brainwashed cult members like yourself. Sport fans who's first choice was the RL match , not having a 9' thirty curfew, watched something else. Something like the last 50m of the AFL
OK so let's blow this pathetic excuse out of the water right now:
- Sydney and Brisbane get 9 Thursday AFL games, 23 Friday games and 23 Saturday night games on FTA. Total is 55 games. 1/3rd of 55 is 18 (based on your excuse that NRL fans tune into the last 3rd of the game). So on you hilarious excuse the AFL get an extra 18 FTA games into Sydney and Brisbane.
- However, the NRL get 3 FTA games in isolation in round 1, and 4 FTA games in isolation in round 25 (there's no AFL during that weekend). Plus the NRL get about 12 Thursday night games when there's no AFL game on. This is a total of 19 NRL games shown into AFL states with no AFL competing. So the NRL actually have an advantage by 1 game. Your excuse is not only busted , it favours the NRL :(/ :(/ :(/

Thanks for coming idiot :wave:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Excuse after excuse, bullshit, bullshit and more excuses ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:48 pm
And for the cowboys, do the regionals rate more when they are shown on FTA?
https://i.imgur.com/y7pdSyN.png

22nd March:
#NRLBroncosCowboys 750k
(Metro 483k Regional 267k)

21st March:
Souths played Dragons. Metro ratings were 440k and regionals were 262k. So almost the same regional audience whether the Cowboys played or not. In fact as a proportion of regional v metro ratings the non-cowboys game had more.

29 March:
#NRLEelsRoosters
611k (Metro 378k Regional 233k). Again, a larger proportion of regional fans (to Metro) than a game including the Cowboys

4 April:
Roosters Broncos
Metro 448k, Foxtel 251k. Again, a larger proportion of regional fans (to Metro) than a game including the Cowboys

SO I think this shows the NRL would not be better off if they targeted the Cowboys on FTA TV
Hold on Hold on...

Cowboys rate great on FTA> in QLD

That cowboys v Broncos game>> was a hammering>> and regional audience was lower than usual.
Titans rate on par or if not a little higher than NSW clubs>> in QLD

bar in Mind Titans have little success...

What i would like to see is what the AFL do in scheduling..

have the Titans and Cowboys on FTA each week LIVE INTO QLD>>
and on FOX> around Australia.

My statement was TItans are on FTA 3 times this year.

SUNS are on FTA 22 times.

It is a huge advantage to the SUNS AND AFL

which is not doing the NRL any favours.